Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fwooper

VIP Member
I saw TALA are doing some kind of charity thing for the mental health charity MIND, and they mentioned they are selling items on their depop as part of the event. Sounds great, I assumed the profits would be going to the charity. But I just checked again it says: "for every item you purchase [from Depop], £1 will be donated to MIND to aid their services within local branches".

But I've counted just 16 new items on their Depop, so that's a grand total of £16 being donated? 😂 Could they be any stingier? I've spent more than that in a single trip to my local MIND charity shop. Surely they could've just donated the profits of those 16 items instead of a quid per item? Might as well not bother donating it's that small.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 79

ceecee454

Chatty Member
Omg she is so insecure about the whole genflow thing 😂
View attachment 390019View attachment 390020
“if someone else was doing all the work i’d be lying on a beach somewhere”
a bit like you did when the company launched 🧐 or like you’ve done at least 5 times since?
or maybe you could be sat round printing off other peoples work and highlighting
it to upload to your insta stories?
or making vision boards?
or chasing a bus around london?
🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I think when it comes to finding a litmus test for how much white, middle class, straight, privileged people actually care about an issue, there’s not much of a better example than seeing how readily they give up a what they see as a fun experience/moneymaker that makes said issue worse. Examples:
  • Supporting Black Lives Matter, but fetishizing Black men, blackfishing, not privately donating, not campaigning in a way that doesn’t centre themselves and their brand, not using their education and influence to help other people push back against government on antiblackness - just 'virtue signalling'
  • Selling Pride-themed product despite never ever mentioning the LGBT community (and charging a bit extra for these products), let alone campaigning for them, whilst sexualising interactions between women for marketing content/to seem more like 'a cool girl'
  • Claiming to be a vegan ‘for the animals’ whilst spending lots of money on leather goods from designer brands
  • Claiming to be vegan ‘for the environment’ whilst jumping on multiple jets a year and repeatedly getting cabs to cover short, public transport-friendly journeys
  • Claiming to care about general exploitation whilst buying coke and never talking about drugs legalisation, especially whilst people of colour are put in far more danger and are incarcerated far more because of the illegal drugs trade than people like Grace
  • Claiming to care about the exploitation of the working class, but making an aesthetic of the imagery of council estates and fashion that was labelled as 'chavvy' ten years ago, and manipulating people with far less money than them to buy expensive product in order to claim the #adgifted money (e.g. by falsely crediting a product they’ve been sponsored to promote with a ‘transformation’ they’ve gone through, especially if that transformation is at least partly down to cosmetic surgery/fillers)
  • Claiming to care about women whilst promoting women product that generally doesn’t work
  • Accepting 'community-based' (free) work from their fans whilst they're accumulating a lot of wealth (more targeted at influencers)
  • Going to Dubai during a pandemic whilst claiming to care about the working class, vulnerable migrants, the LGBT community, and women, and then blocking anyone that complains, painting them as 'jealous'*
  • Fucking around with COVID for a party
This list didn’t start as a way to passive-aggressively call out Grace – she just honestly falls into so many of these categories anyway that it was hard for this not to sound like it was written about her. But I wish I could spend a day in the mind of someone who cares so little about others that they can be accused of the above ^ and say that the accuser is 'too serious' or 'jealous'.

• Heart
Reactions: 76

Deeznutslol

VIP Member

Can someone please tell her lol
Also, wasn’t gonna say this but seeing as this thread is currently popping off I’m just going to say it in response to this stupid tweet, as it’ll get buried with the rest of this, but an ex tala employee recently messaged me and sent me evidence of Grace paying them less than minimum wage🙃 so this girl can literally fuck off, shes chatting out of her arse saying her workers are paid above a living wage

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Grace going through her makeup routine: "There are going to be swipe-up links, they are going to be affiliate links, so I'll get a commission. But this is actually just what I use, and it's no extra cost to you, so you'd be stupid not to use them." 🤯

I'm sorry, what??? I have absolutely no issue with affiliate links, but it's not like it benefits the user! What an absolutely entitled thing to say.

Edit: Screenshot from her Insta (helpfully captioned haha)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 71

ceecee454

Chatty Member
new thread suggestion: grease beverley #10 full of conceit, called out in a tweet, the tea is spilling and boy is it sweet

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71

peach1234

Sorry, that comment has really bothered me. Just to clarify, people do not achieve a place in the top 4/5% wealth bracket by simply “working very hard”. People are not poor simply because they don’t work hard enough. They are stuck in a system that exploits them. And your family benefits from that system. Grace didn’t get rich from simply “working very hard”, she got rich from exploiting factory workers lol. I hope I’ve made myself clear, I’m not looking to argue but yeah.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Grace: I’m normal! I’m self made! I’ve had to work since the tender age of 13, I struggled for money as a student and was almost kicked out of uni for not being able to afford my fees 😔 but I worked hard and built these businesses all by myself💪

Flora:
5AB289F8-DDCB-46A7-B9C3-413A70EB42F0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66

bunnyblue

“I’ve had a few companies asking to send their boxes for review”

lol as if that isn’t exactly what you were after?!?!? The audacity is disgusting, for someone with so much wealth to consistently be dropping hints for freebies. Gross.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Violet uses it just graces name
It makes me uncomfortable that Violet sells things Grace was very clearly gifted as PR, and for such high prices. Why not donate them to a women's shelter or a charity? As we've established, these lot have more than enough money between them. It just comes across as plain greedy. And if it's a matter of clearing out and creating space, the above would be a much quicker and more efficient option than having to fanny about with postage and packaging every few days.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

fwooper

VIP Member
Look in her story, they’re all together. Grace was probably telling them what to say hahahahaha. Can’t say no to your landlord can you
Yeah, I think the weird "if you gave £100 to everyone not all of them would be successful" quip was something that someone said in their group conversation and she couldn't wait to tweet it. Probably thought it was a mic drop moment. But they're all too caught up in their bubble of privilege that they didn't realise that the £100 example actually supports what they are trying to argue against. The main reason why giving £100 to everyone wouldn't result in everyone being successful is because most people would have to put it towards living costs - it's only the privileged ones who can afford to be creative with that money.

Is someone who "invests" that £100 business savvy, or are they just financially secure and can therefore take risks? I think more often than not it's the latter. Fuck these people who imply that people who have to put all of their income towards making ends meet just don't have some kind of business 'spark'.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Jlurking

If I was born into a family worth over 30m, had a school education worth over 100k, got to live rent free in a house in Kensington and got connections through my hugely successful parents, I reckon I'd be able to start a business just as well as Grace lmfao. The idea that she's somehow achieved this above all odds is hilarious.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Honestly everyone needs to stop fucking normalising dubai as a holiday destination, I don’t get how you can actually put yourself on a plane and go there? Like aside from slavery basically being legal there and the lack of human rights, they literally arrest people for no reason? I saw something last year about a woman who got arrested along with her 5 year old kid, for having a glass of wine on the plane over there. Why tf would you want to go there

• Heart
It’s ironic because she seems to think writing in this obscure, lofty way makes her appear intelligent, when in reality, it only proves the opposite. One of the earliest lessons you’re taught as a writer is that it is MUCH more difficult to write concisely, and with precision, than it is using all this flowery (yet meaningless) buzz language.

I think this is where her superiority complex in regard to her followers seems to kick in - she genuinely thinks everyone is stupid (or at least they are in comparison to her, the ultimate prodigy). Anyone with even an ounce of sense would be able to see very clearly through her poorly shrouded attempts to massage her own ego. I don’t believe any of her spiels are anything but that, an attempt to project ‘intelligence’.

• Heart

G63

So Shreddy is the new sponsor of the Dubai Active 2021 ... A city in a country with one of the worst human rights records to this day? https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2019/country-chapters/united-arab-emirates# https://www.amnesty.org/en/countrie...ed-arab-emirates/report-united-arab-emirates/
But don't worry Grace hun, keep being a boss babe & securing the bag whilst unnecessarily travelling around the world during a global pandemic (and get caught attending parties w/ no social distancing) Xx

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 61