Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
She said she experienced imposter syndrome when she was congratulated on her success and position as CEO and founder. Yes, I get your point, G, but let me raise you this point: You felt unqualified and unknowledgeable for the role you took on in the company because you are unqualified and unknowledgeable for the role you took on and maintained, and you are still unqualified and maybe less unknowledgeable through your few years of being apart of the meetings and catching on to a few terms but still not knowledgeable enough to cut it.
You qualified with a degree in Music rather than something in line with business, ethics, law, sustainability, logistics etc.
Hmmm yes, I agree this doesn't mean you can't learn on the job.
But
It seems like you are not being mentored by anyone and if you are, that person is not doing a great job because it comes across as you were told to sit back, relax and enjoy the outsourcing.
You read books about getting motivated to get richer written by the rich or books that are philanthropic rather than picking up a management accounting or logistics textbook, looking up articles on China's and Dubai's legislation on factory and construction working conditions or pay, or scientific journals on the environment and fast fashion effects or highlighting the science behind fitness.

She was pushed into writing a book about fluff rather than her honest journey. She says it herself on her latest instagram post that she struggles to balance hustle culture with "keep calm and carry on", going from one end of the spectrum to the other side of it. Does this mean her book is in fact a diary? Did she go from her youtube channel, digital dairy, to a paper version?

Honestly if I had her money, I'd pay someone full time to mentor me for business, sustainability and ethics. Someone passionate about all three. I'd also get someone to tutor me full time in order to attain an accounting degree. I'd also travel to the countries where I have factories, work with the staff, talk with them and see the reality of how they are living to confirm I'm paying the supply chain enough and the supply chain is well regulated that the money I'm paying is getting to the correct account at the end of the day.

Soooooo much she could be open to listening to, taking the advice of followers, and being pushed in the direction where she can make an actual change in the way people shop. But no, as much as she keeps saying she works hard and keeps going, it's like she gave up on the dream to make a big impact on the planet's woes, and settled to just get richer. Which I guess is a comfort zone if that's all she knows and grew up around. So does she really go the extra mile to be different?

• Heart
Reactions: 61

fwooper

VIP Member
you can't be "quite left wing" and also want to be a billionaire grez, might want to do some reading around that x

• Haha
Reactions: 60

lmem

She absolutely knows what she is doing. She is so fake, it drives me nuts. Why ask for suggestions when you can google it? Oh I know - free boxes for reviews! What an absolute leech.

Grace, I know you are reading this. Could you at least TRY and be sensitive? Don’t leave some basic “oh it makes me🤢etc” acknowledgment, it doesn’t cancel out your greediness. People are literally starving and you, a rich CEO, are asking for free food boxes during a pandemic. Literally WHAT are you thinking?!
It's so funny to me because I replied to her original story asking for recommendations telling her it was shit for her to essentially be asking for free food at this time, she blocked me and then posted that story about not accepting free food half an hour later!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57

cookiemunchmunch

Also the bit where she says she’s basically completely changed jobs since uni by being a CEO, wasnt she harping on about being a CEO whilst doing her degree, was that not her entire personality in uni? Does she not still do ads for things on Instagram/get free products? I don’t see how that’s a complete change of jobs when she’s still an influencer playing CEO
Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 10.26.43.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

Mamacita

VIP Member
I saw TALA are doing some kind of charity thing for the mental health charity MIND, and they mentioned they are selling items on their depop as part of the event. Sounds great, I assumed the profits would be going to the charity. But I just checked again it says: "for every item you purchase [from Depop], £1 will be donated to MIND to aid their services within local branches".

But I've counted just 16 new items on their Depop, so that's a grand total of £16 being donated? 😂 Could they be any stingier? I've spent more than that in a single trip to my local MIND charity shop. Surely they could've just donated the profits of those 16 items instead of a quid per item? Might as well not bother donating it's that small.
That's a bit insensitive of you to say that considering grace has a big mortgage to pay

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

Deeznutslol

VIP Member

Sorry I can’t stop sharing tweets but this one is too good. This tweet is the best thing thats happened in terms of encouraging people to come out and talk about her without fear of being attacked bc omg there is some excellent descriptions of her being made

• Haha
Reactions: 54

BigDee

Yeah, I feel like she is always sharing stories of food that has been gifted to her. I have a distinct memory of her showing off a crate of food she had been gifted at the start of the pandemic, when people were struggling to buy basic essentials due to panic buying. No mention of food donations then.

I find it very hard to believe that Grace always tells these food companies to donate food first before gifting it to her. We know her style by now and if that was the case, she would’ve mentioned it all the times she has shared an #adgifted of a box of food over the past year.
Does anyone else remember a while ago, I think it was when she was living in that flat in London, she tweeted about how much of a “budgeting queen” she is because she only spent £44 (or something, can’t remember exact figure) in central London in a week, including travel and everything, but she had been posting all of her adgifted food, like all the vegan ready meals she gets on the regular, on her Instagram stories... I did actually reply saying something like “yeah... but you get sent all your food for free...” and then she deleted it lol

• Haha
Reactions: 54

fwooper

VIP Member
Don’t care, didn’t ask, plus you’re a moron.
Does this mean I can eat maccies daily and go round calling myself a vegan because thats how I’ve chosen to define it?View attachment 386973
Based on the logic of this genius, I've decided I'm now a practicing Catholic. I don't go to church, I'm not baptised and I don't even believe in God, but it's just how I like to personally define Catholicism. Please don't shame me for how I define it <3

Seriously though, veganism has a pretty clear, unambiguous definition. And that definition has stayed the same even before Grez was born.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

sunday3

it's actually so infuriating!!!! ALL 3 of her siblings went to BOARDING SCHOOL and private schools their entire lives, her parents or grandparents could have absotutely paid for her to go to Oxford.

In the UK you just get a student loan like everyone (or so I thought) does. There's really no pressure to pay tuition if you can't bc the loan GETS PAID FOR YOU. UGGGGGHH if she didn't want a loan then THAT IS PRIVILEGE IN ITSELF. NO ONE FORCED U TO PAY YOUR WAY THROUGH UNI 😩😩😩😩😩

• Heart
Reactions: 53

thisisntreal

even if they gave a range and/or stated dependant on experience! Seeing competitive even for me at executive level in my career turns me off the employer right away can’t imagine someone at MD level would be jumping to apply for a “competitive” salary. Competitive doesn’t pay the bills
Literally the reason business owners don’t want to put wages on job ads is to keep them as low as possible, even the giRL BoSs GReZs of the world.

Pay can either plucked arbitrarily out of a hat at interview, or worse still, the new employee is asked to name their price, which is then negotiated. There’s plenty of evidence out there that shows that people who are BAME or pretty much any minority basically, as well as younger people, people from a lower socio-economic background, and women, tend to put a lower value on their salary expectations.

Privileged people, who don’t rely on their pay packet to make ends meet, are more likely to take a chance on a “competitive” salary than someone who needs a certain amount of money to pay for their everyday needs, especially people (usually women) who have caring responsibilities. They’re not going to spend time and effort on applying and interviewing for something that they can’t be sure will be enough to live on (particularly true for more entry-level jobs). This means you’re more likely to attract privileged candidates in the first place; not exactly helpful for increasing diversity and building the best team possible.

If they’re not even advertising a range, it also suggests to me that they haven’t got a proper pay and progression structure in place, meaning they have poor processes for developing staff and supporting them to progress in their career.

It all creates a culture where you don’t talk about what you’re earning, especially if your workforce is not unionised, meaning there’s no benchmark to judge if you’re being paid fairly and no one wants to talk about it or can look at other jobs ads with the company to understand where they fit. Everyone is kept in the dark. Not advertising salaries directly contributes to increasing the size of gender and ethnicity pay gaps and increased inequality, which is exacerbated if there’s a culture of pay never being talked about amongst colleagues. There’s more about this here - https://showthesalary.com/. It’s fucked.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

bunnyblue

Tbh it bothers me a bit people saying her parents bought her company for her, because technically they did not, and if Grace acknowledges the criticism she will cling onto that technicality. When the real point is she was born into so much wealth and privilege it had a domino effect that meant she ended up in a position, unlike those without that wealth and privilege, that enabled her to comfortably take risks and launch her own companies.
🤮

Noinstafame

I work in a corporate job and find this hustle culture hilarious. Yes it absolutely exists, but not in the form that influencers like Grace talk about it. The hustle culture Grace is so focused on breaking down was created by influencers to look important and busy in their “jobs” and “careers”. Now she is making bank on saying it’s bad. Can’t make this shit up.

• Heart

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
Also, I don’t get everyone sharing the Shreddy bus and commenting on graces insta etc like omg so proud of you!!!

what are you proud of- she literally just paid for an advert?? It doesn’t mean anything 😂

remember when loads of taxis were painted with the pretty little thing branding- they didn’t do that because they were mega fans or to show off this unreal company. PLT paid them, and they provided the service. It’s laughable this is being counted as an achievement. Especially when, as people have pointed out, she’s picked a stupid time to do it and the exposure will be low. If anything it screams clueless 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Alexandra876

Not sure if anyone saw that 'influencer' on this morning earlier. She's a 'PT' and went to Dubai for 'work'. Claims her job is 'essential'. When challenged, she literally uttered the phrase 'in a world where you can be anything, be kind'.

I'm fucking done with influencers :mad:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 50