Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else see that the only people ‘Megan’ is following are football related accounts.

I actually think this is their guy housemates Twitter (as isn’t he a footballer?) and they’ve changed the username and put Megan as the ‘face’ of the account as all this defending would potentially be weird coming from Tom when there’s already rumours circulating that they may be a thing.

Makes me think even more that this is Grace and not Megan lol - anyone else?

(Edited to add photos as attachments so the post isn’t as long)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Did anyone else see that the only people ‘Megan’ is following are football related accounts.

I actually think this is their guy housemates Twitter (as isn’t he a footballer?) and they’ve changed the username and put Megan as the ‘face’ of the account as all this defending would potentially be weird coming from Tom when there’s already rumours circulating that they may be a thing.

View attachment 404613
View attachment 404614
I reckon its tom not grace, her grammar is worse than mine. Grace is better than that

Reactions: 8

View attachment 404613
View attachment 404614
Megan is into football, she posted a story watching a game by herself.

Reactions: 4

Can someone please tell her lol
Also, wasn’t gonna say this but seeing as this thread is currently popping off I’m just going to say it in response to this stupid tweet, as it’ll get buried with the rest of this, but an ex tala employee recently messaged me and sent me evidence of Grace paying them less than minimum wage🙃 so this girl can literally duck off, shes chatting out of her arse saying her workers are paid above a living wage

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Also, wasn’t gonna say this but seeing as this thread is currently popping off I’m just going to say it in response to this stupid tweet, as it’ll get buried with the rest of this, but an ex tala employee recently messaged me and sent me evidence of Grace paying her less than minimum wage🙃 so this girl can literally duck off, shes chatting out of her arse saying her workers are paid above minimum wage
the tea is HOT

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Ok forget tomorrow morning, the tweet is gonna hit 100k likes by midnight I think 😂😂😂 over 70k now

Reactions: 17

(Edited to add photos as attachments so the post isn’t as long)
Yeah I did notice this, but didn’t know how significant it was... like I don’t wanna pass too much judgement but she doesn’t seem like the football crazy type...

Reactions: 2
I just feel like every single person who has a problem with Grace/ how she does things needs to just flood her social media (or respond to any fawning social media article/ post) with "Your grandfather was Sir Nigel Broackes, whose estate was valued at over £16 million (worth however much now)- do you deny this, YES or NO?" until she HAS to address it; as people have pointed out here and in the Twitter threads, her defenders saying "oh but she's so open about her privilege" are talking through their backsides, since NEVER has she said "my grandfather was a multi-millionaire", which is... kind of the essential aspect of her "privilege", really. Man, it pisses me off to think this book could come out and nothing much in terms of criticism will come about; there's just no way she should be able to get away with being paid probably a good whack of cash to condescend (and, more importantly, lie) to her readers about how they should "just work hard" and "manifest" success or whatever crap this pile of lavatory paper in a cover contains. Bleh.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yeah I did notice this, but didn’t know how significant it was... like I don’t wanna pass too much judgement but she doesn’t seem like the football crazy type...
Showed the follower list to my boyfriend who is very into football (as in like he spends a lot of time on football twitter, reads forums, discusses it with others etc. aside from just watching it), and hes told me that some of the accounts shes following aren’t just about general football stuff, it’s the sort of accounts that you’d follow if you’re like, really really into it. So tbh it very much could be the blokes account that shes just put her name and picture on

Reactions: 3

Tell it mate
He summarises it so well. And plus, I'd love to see examples of what people mean when they say she is so honest about her privilege. Back when she was on Twitter and now occasionally on Instagram she will make vague references to how privileged she is, but the most specific she will get is that she is white and that she went to private school, or opaque references about how lucky she is. But this is always qualified with something like: I worked so hard/my parents made me be financially independent/I was nearly suspended from uni/I got scholarships/I've been working since I was 13 years old. No one can tell me this is transparent - the only reason we know the full extent of her wealth and privilege is because we did the digging ourselves. It never came from her own mouth. A rich girl who tries to trick her followers into thinking she got full-ride scholarships when in reality her scholarships were worth a few hundred quid is not transparent and the definition of someone who is trying to downplay their privilege.

Anyone following her would easily assume she was a pretty bog standard London private school girl, of which there's a dime a dozen. I reckon it's those same types who are rushing to her defence because they feel like they themselves are being called out. But she's a step up from that - old money, generational type wealth that affords you crazy advantages that you can't even begin to fathom.

Reactions: 39
I have a feeling she will actually address all this, whether it be in the next few days or nearer to the book launch date, but she'll just cling onto "I never said you can achieve anything/get rich by working hard" "these are just tips I've learnt to be productive as a student" and the old "iT wAs AlL eXtErNaL iNvEsTmEnT nOt PaReNtS!!" lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Showed the follower list to my boyfriend who is very into football (as in like he spends a lot of time on football twitter, reads forums, discusses it with others etc. aside from just watching it), and hes told me that some of the accounts shes following aren’t just about general football stuff, it’s the sort of accounts that you’d follow if you’re like, really really into it. So tbh it very much could be the blokes account that shes just put her name and picture on
Hmm still getting the vibe Megan is a genuine hard-core football fan, not like a "I watch it alone to impress someone" fan. More like a "genuine love of the game and being a spectator" fan.

Megan has had football on her Instagram story every time United have played, probably is Megan given that Pogba and Martial are on the followed list

Reactions: 2
Hmm still getting the vibe Megan is a genuine hard-core football fan, not like a "I watch it alone to impress someone" fan. More like a "genuine love of the game and being a spectator" fan.
Honestly was total speculation from my end knowing Tom is a footballer, I could be completely wrong!

ETA: I don’t follow Megan on Insta etc. so wasn’t aware she was a huge football fan in which case yeah its v likely it could be her too! Apols everyone!

Reactions: 5
Im into football and that following list is a load of united players and a load of accounts about fantasy football. My bf is into fantasy football so would follow those, maybe she is a big football fan?

I do remember grace posting a story of one of her housemates (I assume this one) getting excited about the united/Man City match a few weeks ago so I assume she is either from Manchester or supports Utd and just followed a load of suggested people if she’s only just made the acc? Idk seems very far fetched that her fella would make a fake account and use the other housemates face? Why not just be anon then lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.