Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
Grace is absolutely upper class and her implication that she is anything less is exactly why very obviously middle class people then decide to call themselves working class. If someone like Grace is supposedly middle class, then of course people who have slightly less than her will consider themselves working class. The wealthiest in our society are scrabbling to convince us that they were just “comfortable” and that their parents “worked hard” while they are set to inherit millions, meanwhile you’ve got parents going without meals to feed their children because a large percentage of working families are still in poverty.
If she's middle class I'm a Dickensian street urchin.

• Haha
Reactions: 50

fwooper

VIP Member
Yeah she said the 80k figure herself on Patricia Bright’s interview... but given Grace’s reputation for spouting bullshit, it could be exaggerated or downplayed
Made £80k in the space of a month but still complains endlessly about how Oxford's no job rule was an impediment to her and how she struggled to pay her way through uni. Pick a side Grace - you can't be making tens of thousands every month but also be a poor student lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Guccigal

Chatty Member
That saz woman on Twitter is on graces NECK. I really feel this book will be the beginning of the end for grace. All it takes is a few established people that haven’t been paid to have a read and just drag her on Twitter. Unlike her little Instagram bubble where she’s confined herself to, she can’t censor Twitter and it’s full of much more switched on intelligent people that aren’t afraid to call her out

Reactions: 49

elttat

also people keep saying that she's acknowledging her privilege but I literally have to disagree - she actually keeps downplaying it by saying that she went to private school "on a scholarship"... as if she wouldn't have been able to go without it?

at no point has she ever noted who her maternal grandfather was and how much privilege he and his wife had, nor the fact that she's swimming in generational wealth and is a trust fund baby

the whole "I almost got kicked out of uni for not paying" and "my mum worked full-time" bs is honestly insulting - both to her minions who take everything at face value and those are from genuinely wc backgrounds who have almost been kicked out of uni for not paying rent/being able to afford aspects of student life

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
It makes me uncomfortable that Violet sells things Grace was very clearly gifted as PR, and for such high prices. Why not donate them to a women's shelter or a charity? As we've established, these lot have more than enough money between them. It just comes across as plain greedy. And if it's a matter of clearing out and creating space, the above would be a much quicker and more efficient option than having to fanny about with postage and packaging every few days.
This is what got me blocked back in the day, she actually put a story up replying to a question asking about what she does with all the gifted stuff and she replied and was like some of it I give to friends / family and the rest I sell. I just don’t understand why they waste all that time photographing it, putting it on depop, writing the description, taking it to post etc, all for such a minimal profit compared to the wealth they already have? Just give it to charity you insufferable tories

chlosib

Chatty Member
Grace has more than just financial privileges though. She originally amassed her online following by being conventionally attractive, white, female and genetically blessed with what was (and is still) societies perception of the ‘ideal body’ (small waist, big bum).

Financial privilege has played a part in her ability to help curate that image - expensive gym memberships, equipment, clothing, personal trainers. It also helped to show the ‘intelligent academic’ side of her online persona that makes people think she is worth listening to - private schools enabled her to gain a place at Oxford, connections that enabled her to gain an internship at IBM, and familial wealth that enabled her to task risk without consequence.

I’m not going to word this well, but essentially Grace benefits from so many privileges that even just saying she benefits from ‘financial’ privilege, misses out a very large portion of why she is so successful. We all know for a fact if she was rich, but didn’t meet societal perceptions of beauty, she wouldn’t have anywhere near the amount of success she currently has.

• Heart

lmem

Does anyone else remember when Grace tweeted something about getting her 'dream job' early last year? She liked replies at the time guessing that it was politics related or something didn't she, assuming whatever it was has fallen through as she's not mentioned it since?

Jlurking

Grease Beverley: got my tenants on my side, chasing the shreddy bus outside, my £18 skipping rope is #girlboss culture, simplified.

• Haha
  • Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
Does anyone else remember a while ago, I think it was when she was living in that flat in London, she tweeted about how much of a “budgeting queen” she is because she only spent £44 (or something, can’t remember exact figure) in central London in a week, including travel and everything, but she had been posting all of her adgifted food, like all the vegan ready meals she gets on the regular, on her Instagram stories... I did actually reply saying something like “yeah... but you get sent all your food for free...” and then she deleted it lol
My god I do remember this but only vaguely - do we have a screenshot anywhere? That's giving me Alfie Deyes' and his 'living off £1 a day' video vibes.

I think she has a completely warped perspective of daily living costs, and has no idea what it means to actually budget which I guess is no surprise considering her upbringing. In her uni videos where she would food shop or prepare 'cheap' meals, it always felt like she just playing at budgeting if that makes sense. I mean, she even has a food budgeting video sponsored by Waitrose of all places. I remember when I first started watching her and she went on a food shop and bought 3 boxes of strawberries (at £2.80 each) and I was like... ok this girl is not living on a normal student budget haha. Plus all her 'cheap' meal ideas were really not that cheap, and she'd never recommend the most basic money saving advice like cooking in bulk, meal prepping, buying bulk pantry staples, buying frozen vs fresh fruit.

I wish rich people would just stay in their lane and stop pretending they have even the faintest clue of how to live on a budget.

Reactions: 47

DietGossip

VIP Member
I'm going to start referring to anyone who goes to Dubai as anti-LGBT.

Love that they say people are jealous of them going there, but why would I be jealous of people like Grace going to a country I could be arrested in for just existing?

• Sad
  • Heart
The passive aggressiveness of this response... Also feel like she really proved the point of the comment with ~sociopolitical landscape~. You're talking about new year's resolutions it's not that deep

View attachment 387126

• Sick
  • Haha

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Bloke spitting facts. Love it when an account with 40k followers tweets shit about her haha
FF11BB0C-227D-4B8C-B0D3-778F93B66D89.jpeg

Cue all the idiot stans commenting to tell him she built it through 100% of her own hard work and determination

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Jjjjaaaak

Flora has just posted “if one more person asks for my winter running recommendations without checking my YouTube and blog first I’m going to have an aneurysm”. Wow, rude much. What a hard life she has to live. I’ve always gone on and off flora and genuinely thought she was way less problematic than grace but then she posts shit like this and I just have to unfollow!

• Angry
  • Haha

fwooper

VIP Member
What concerns me about the botox and now the dramatic teeth changes is that we know from watching other influencers that they rarely ever stop there. I think a lot of influencers find themselves in an endless toxic cycle of thinking about what they need to fix about their face next. I think it's how you get influencers with insane filler because they're so deep into critiquing their appearance that they have no objective sense of what they look like anymore. I just think Grace could be on the precipice of this toxic cycle - I still don't think she has had any filler yet, but I feel like it is absolutely on the cards if she continues hanging out with people from Love Island and going to clinics which will start offering her that stuff for free.

I just think that if you can’t be content with a forehead line or the height of your eyebrows when you’re 23, how on earth will you cope when you actually start ageing? I think she has had some sort of shift in mindset re: her appearance, because I feel like it's only over the past year that she has started using face filters every time she posts and posing in a particular way to make sure her lips look their biggest... generally trying to conform more to the 'insta' standard of attractiveness. It's sad because one of the things I liked about her was that she didn't edit/filter her pictures (I know she is the kween of angles, but I appreciated that she would never edit/filter her face like most influencers).

The cosmetic treatments/surgery discussions often get reduced to "your body, your choice!", and I get that stance, but at the same time I find it worrying that people in their early 20s are making dramatic (sometimes permanent) changes to their faces in response to minor imperfections.

• Heart