Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a feeling she will actually address all this, whether it be in the next few days or nearer to the book launch date, but she'll just cling onto "I never said you can achieve anything/get rich by working hard" "these are just tips I've learnt to be productive as a student" and the old "iT wAs AlL eXtErNaL iNvEsTmEnT nOt PaReNtS!!" lol
Mmm I don't think any of those will stand up to scrutiny lol

How does a 20-something solicit external investment without a) rich parents, b) a solid social media following and access to creator-focused funds like genflow or c) a sugar daddy?

This just screams pr nightmare to me and could've been totally avoided by not bringing out a book... sigh, did no one do their research before jumping into a 9(??) way bidding war over a girl who's literally old money???

ETA: the bit about being productive as a student could be used BUT it's easy to be "productive" and set up 2 businesses as a student when all of the real decisions are out of your control. If the biggest thing you need to worry about is what colours to pick for each collection, of course you can "stress less" and "achieve more".
Likewise, if you can hire a project manager (again outsourcing ya labour) to oversee your mahoosive renovation during the last few months of your degree, of course you can "stress less"...

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Im into football and that following list is a load of united players and a load of accounts about fantasy football. My bf is into fantasy football so would follow those, maybe she is a big football fan?

I do remember grace posting a story of one of her housemates (I assume this one) getting excited about the united/Man City match a few weeks ago so I assume she is either from Manchester or supports Utd and just followed a load of suggested people if she’s only just made the acc? Idk seems very far fetched that her fella would make a fake account and use the other housemates face? Why not just be anon then lol
Dunno mate these people are weird, who knows what sort of things they get up to. Tom derry is a racist so if it was him I’d imagine he’d go private to defend her anyway
422F0907-AC13-4F27-87B2-CDEF077F6449.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
new thread suggestion: grease beverley #10 full of conceit, called out in a tweet, the tea is spilling and boy is it sweet

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
I just watched the tweet gain 1000 likes in about 5 minutes. This isn't just about Grace but about all influencers and just inequality in general.

Reactions: 20
A girl from this band I follow in Australia just posted the meme on her insta story. It’s really out there! The tweet is Up to 171k likes as well.

I think someone mentioned already that it’s totally to do with all people from privileged backgrounds. Whilst the tweet/meme was specifically created with Grace in mind, the message itself has resonated with a lot of people. Hopefully people see that it’s totally ridiculous that she’s dishing out advice and writing books when her situation would only relate to 0.000002% of the population.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I’m literally screaming 180,000 likes, 31,000 retweets THIS IS BRILLIANT. SHES FINALLY BEING EXPOSED ON A BIG SCALE HAHAHAH
Lol she will be sat at home FURIOUS ahhahahahahhaha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Kinda wish the Dubai nonsense took off too. I feel like a load of people/fans would realise how shady she is if they knew.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
A girl from this band I follow in Australia just posted the meme on her insta story. It’s really out there! The tweet is Up to 171k likes as well.

I think someone mentioned already that it’s totally to do with all people from privileged backgrounds. Whilst the tweet/meme was specifically created with Grace in mind, the message itself has resonated with a lot of people. Hopefully people see that it’s totally ridiculous that she’s dishing out advice and writing books when her situation would only relate to 0.000002% of the population.
Yeah tbf I think a lot of the RTs are people who have never come across her in their life, idk if anyone noticed the cited tweets but quite a few Mexicans are rting it saying tit like omg I know a rich girl who says dumb stuff like this... but it doesn’t seem like they have any idea who she is

Anyway, 186k wooooo

Reactions: 16

Tb to the last time a tweet about grace reached some level of viral
Also for anyone who doesn’t know this is literally a joke thats been copied by so many people, I originally saw someone do this joke on twitter about while
I’m DYING at the reply she gave her
Right? Like you got caught out retelling an internet joke thats been told on there for literally years? People used to screenshot their calculators and try and say they thought it was their alarm and put it on twitter while i was still at school, like just admit you thought it was funny so you copied it and move on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
title idea: Setting a perfect Covidiot example, always on the beg for free samples

lol much as I don’t like to defend her, I can completely see this happening to me so I believed that 😆

Reactions: 6
why’s she always gota have a response and last say in everything?!?
if u know u did it surely you’d just ignore it instead of some long ass convoluted bull tit tale 🤨

Reactions: 13
Grace bought followers again after the controversy, FFS.

I posted this on Twitter but just to recap here, I think it’s more than about maintaining a high level of followers. Gleam & their influencers do this to ensure they don’t drop below a level of followers that catches the public’s attention.

Why does this matter? Follower drops signal to the public that something is wrong - as most people are too busy to keep tabs on every public figure, they use significant follower drops as a mark of social impact & a metric for how bad action/s are, subconsciously or not. They take this social impact as a cue to look into it themselves

By buying more followers and obscuring this impact, Grace & Gleam not only maintain a high number of followers, but a stable number that minimises the appearance of the extent of this social impact, & therefore reduces the chance of people suspecting something is wrong & investigating it themselves

The ultimate intention & result of this is avoiding taking responsibility for their actions. This is what is wrong with it - Grace & Gleam are not only decreasing the likelihood that people will look into it, but are actively trying to avoid being held accountable, probably in order to remain popular & in business

This falls into a broader pattern where Grace fails to address key questions surrounding her business (the conditions of her factories in China & her employees’ pay) & where historically, videos “exposing” her like those Dubai videos have been quickly taken down on other websites

We should question, resist, & bring awareness to the ability of any individual/company to avoid accountability. We should distrust any agency that does this, & be concerned that the organisation that does (Gleam) is so dominant in the social media industry, especially given it has several established connections with big-name platforms like the BBC.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
why’s she always gota have a response and last say in everything?!?
if u know u did it surely you’d just ignore it instead of some long ass convoluted bull tit tale 🤨
Its coz she knew she was getting fully exposed for reusing a 2010 tumblr joke
AEF24027-4B72-4499-916B-93C0C4D4D3EB.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Also for anyone who doesn’t know this is literally a joke thats been copied by so many people, I originally saw someone do this joke on twitter about while

Right? Like you got caught out retelling an internet joke thats been told on there for literally years? People used to screenshot their calculators and try and say they thought it was their alarm and put it on twitter while i was still at school, like just admit you thought it was funny so you copied it and move on 😂
What? Not grace trying to pass other people’s ideas off her own (and then market as the MOST funny)

makes me cringe how funny and relatable she thinks she is compared to actually is 🥴

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.