Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grace: I’m normal! I’m self made! I’ve had to work since the tender age of 13, I struggled for money as a student and was almost kicked out of uni for not being able to afford my fees 😔 but I worked hard and built these businesses all by myself💪

Flora:
5AB289F8-DDCB-46A7-B9C3-413A70EB42F0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
It's like the article says, people are obsessed with this idea of meritocracy and that if you work hard, you'll be successful. As if people who aren't rich or successful don't work hard too.

I always get that vibe from Grace's posts - that she thinks she works harder than everyone else and that is the *only* reason for her success. Saying you acknowledge your privilege doesn't actually acknowledge your privilege, babe x 🤣
THIS
doesn’t help (wel she probably did it intentionally) that she hangs around with love islanders instead of other Oxford grads. People like Montana constantly hyping her up for being the most hard working person on the planet. Yeah she probs does seem “hard working” to these people when she’s putting stories up annotating articles and they’re taking sponsored pics for lounge

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Also ‘ik you’ve distanced yourself from everyone poking their beak into your business’??? Are we watching the same page here? She literally posts about 20 stories a day, including pics of herself getting her moles checked at the doctor the other week. How can anyone poke their beak into her business when she literally posts every intimate and private detail of her life on social media.
I just don’t get how she makes out like shes taken a step back from socials and its other people constantly hounding her for information and details of her life, when shes so very clearly still addicted to the validation of ig and puts it all out there of her own free will anyway
Grace: I hate social media and I’m taking a step back
Also Grace: Here’s 30 stories about taking my dog for a walk, hospital appointments, taxi rides, my flat mates, my food, what I’m watching

Reactions: 31
Grace is absolutely upper class and her implication that she is anything less is exactly why very obviously middle class people then decide to call themselves working class. If someone like Grace is supposedly middle class, then of course people who have slightly less than her will consider themselves working class. The wealthiest in our society are scrabbling to convince us that they were just “comfortable” and that their parents “worked hard” while they are set to inherit millions, meanwhile you’ve got parents going without meals to feed their children because a large percentage of working families are still in poverty.
If she's middle class I'm a Dickensian street urchin.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Came over here from the Zanna thread to say that someone has created an account on insta called 'celebritycovidvacations'. Grace has already been included in one of the posts but I hope her party photos get posted too!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I got so fed up with teenagers who still got youthful metabolisms and all the time in the world to be in the gym going on instagram and acting like they know it all that I trained to be a nutritionist last year. Basically, after finding Natacha and seeing how she's able to back up what she tells her audience- it made me painfully aware how rare that is. The amount of times I get people emailing me to say "I've been taking BCAAs from influencer and protein shakes like influencer makes, why am I not losing fat from my tummy and have abs like influencer?!" Because Influencer is 17 and only eat carrots.
yeh same, I was so impressed with her sticking with her principles and leaving Gymshark, I cannot think of any other influencer who would end a (probably very lucrative) brand deal like this

Reactions: 18
It’s Marcus Butler and his girlfriend for their company nu-in fashion (@nuinfashion on Instagram) if anyone was wondering! They posted a factory tour on Instagram when they were first starting up last year. They asked a woman who worked in the factory if the way the clothes are made (recycled fabric) is more sustainable and she basically said ‘um not really’. I think someone held up another item of clothing made in the factory and it was a pair of shorts with the TALA logo on them. The IGTV is still up, it’s called 360 factory tour on the company Instagram page if anyone wants to check it out

edit: the IGTV is actually “Our factories: Clothius” and the TALA shorts are right at the end
@deeznuts can’t wait for the Tiktok to be posted 🤣🤣🤣

If she's middle class I'm a Dickensian street urchin.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 If grace is working class I’m Oliver Twist
Plz give me some oatly xxxx

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've done a reaaally quick overview of Grace's Dubai trip on the wiki, I just wanted to highlight the main fuckery.

The thought of making an exhaustive wiki on her is actually pretty overwhelming. I mean, you could have a whole section on her lies... a whole section on TALA greenwashing... her COVID antics... the possibilities are endless!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What are the different classes and how do you change them because my family is in the top 4/5% of the country but we very much are not upper class and do not come from wealthy grandparents, just simply my parents working very hard to be in their position. Whereas Grace and her family are clearly elite level and try to pretend they’re middle class to be cool and relatable

Reactions: 2
I've done a reaaally quick overview of Grace's Dubai trip on the wiki, I just wanted to highlight the main fuckery.

The thought of making an exhaustive wiki on her is actually pretty overwhelming. I mean, you could have a whole section on her lies... a whole section on TALA greenwashing... her COVID antics... the possibilities are endless!
Which I could love the post you’ve done!!

Reactions: 4
Great article! And Grace has taken this to another level; she knows she can't get away with calling herself working class (although she has sneakily implied she is in various interviews), so she has taken to describing herself as middle-class - even though she is the definition of upper-middle class. For someone who is apparently fine with acknowledging her privilege it's like pulling teeth to get her to admit it.
what interviews??

What are the different classes and how do you change them because my family is in the top 4/5% of the country but we very much are not upper class and do not come from wealthy grandparents, just simply my parents working very hard to be in their position. Whereas Grace and her family are clearly elite level and try to pretend they’re middle class to be cool and relatable
if your family is in the top 4/5% wealth bracket ... you are upper class lol

• Haha
Reactions: 39

I know this is a Grez thread but since we talk about Natacha here, some of you would def be interested in this. Also her reasons for leaving Gymshark are applicable to Grez's imposter of a fitness app.
I’m a bit late but wow, this video made me like Natacha even more and dislike Grace so much more 😂 I can’t believe how genuine Natacha is - she actually loves science and doesn’t allow the influencer lifestyle to complicate her morals and beliefs, unlike Grace. once Grace started pushing BCAAs and her own vegan protein after years of shitting on them, you could tell she absolutely sold her soul to the influencer lifestyle.

(it probably happened earlier but for me that was the point of no return)

Reactions: 18
what interviews??

if your family is in the top 4/5% wealth bracket ... you are upper class lol
Sorry I'm thinking vaguely of things she has said here and there, but in her HELLO magazine feature last year she made a bizarre comment about how she grew up with a mum who worked full time. The way it was worded made it sound like she was brought up by a single mum who was struggling to make ends meet. She also loves to talk about how she had to 'work' (i.e. make YouTube videos and sell guides) throughout university and how she was struggling with money at certain points, which without the relevant context makes it seem like she was any other working class kid scraping by at uni. I would also class her claim that she "hired her dad" as another example of her attempt to masquerade as working class, because people love a story of a poor kid who pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and was able to give back to their parents later in life. But what most people don't realise is that it was just her management consultant daddy offering his services to her business on the cheap.

I'd recommend reading the article linked previously - it makes the point that just because your grandparents were working class doesn't mean that you are also working class. i.e. the fact that your family history started from humble beginnings doesn't change the current reality of your wealth and privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Sorry I'm thinking vaguely of things she has said here and there, but in her HELLO magazine feature last year she made a bizarre comment about how she grew up with a mum who worked full time. The way it was worded made it sound like she was brought up by a single mum who was struggling to make ends meet. She also loves to talk about how she had to 'work' (i.e. make YouTube videos and sell guides) throughout university and how she was struggling with money at certain points, which without the relevant context makes it seem like she was any other working class kid scraping by at uni. I would also class her claim that she "hired her dad" as another example of her attempt to masquerade as working class, because people love a story of a poor kid who pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and was able to give back to their parents later in life. But what most people don't realise is that it was just her management consultant daddy offering his services to her business on the cheap.

I'd recommend reading the article linked previously - it makes the point that just because your grandparents were working class doesn't mean that you are also working class. i.e. the fact that your family history started from humble beginnings doesn't change the current reality of your wealth and privilege.
And for anyone British it is fairly obvious from her accent she has been to a very posh school etc anyway, I remember that HELLO article, it almost seemed to imply her mum had been struggling on some minimum wage job rather than the art dealer (I think?) she is

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry, that comment has really bothered me. Just to clarify, people do not achieve a place in the top 4/5% wealth bracket by simply “working very hard”. People are not poor simply because they don’t work hard enough. They are stuck in a system that exploits them. And your family benefits from that system. Grace didn’t get rich from simply “working very hard”, she got rich from exploiting factory workers lol. I hope I’ve made myself clear, I’m not looking to argue but yeah.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
And for anyone British it is fairly obvious from her accent she has been to a very posh school etc anyway, I remember that HELLO article, it almost seemed to imply her mum had been struggling on some minimum wage job rather than the art dealer (I think?) she is
I found the interview and these are the offending quotes from it:

"My mum worked full time and that was such an important part of my upbringing"

"I needed some extra money to help me through uni"

"At Oxford, you're not allowed a part time job, which can throw a spanner in the works as the living costs were so high" (says the girl who didn't even take out a maintenance loan because she was that rich - don't pretend the cost of living was an actual impediment to you, ever 🙄)

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I found the interview and these are the offending quotes from it:

"My mum worked full time and that was such an important part of my upbringing"

"I needed some extra money to help me through uni"

"At Oxford, you're not allowed a part time job, which can throw a spanner in the works as the living costs were so high" (says the girl who didn't even take out a maintenance loan because she was that rich - don't pretend the cost of living was an actual impediment to you, ever 🙄)
the thing about not having money for her fees was ridiculous, even by her standards. I doubt there is any parent with money who would risk their child dropping out of uni, especially such a prestigious one, because they couldn't afford fees, even if they just lent the money. I wish her sister would come out and counter the rubbish she says, they don't seem to have a particularly close relationship

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry, that comment has really bothered me. Just to clarify, people do not achieve a place in the top 4/5% wealth bracket by simply “working very hard”. People are not poor simply because they don’t work hard enough. They are stuck in a system that exploits them. And your family benefits from that system. Grace didn’t get rich from simply “working very hard”, she got rich from exploiting factory workers lol. I hope I’ve made myself clear, I’m not looking to argue but yeah.

Have you seen the movie Chalet Girl? There's a quote in there :
"Angst, the rich kid's alternative to real problems"

I find that real working class/poor people don't have time to sit around and talk about how poor or busy they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
In general With people who own businesses like Grace or millionaire families yes I would agree with your comments on exploiting people. But to be in that top % your family earnings only need to be above 80K which split between 2 people is around 40K+ each, where it’s very unlikely that you would be benefiting from that system. There are a whole range of careers and jobs where that is a very average salary in the south

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.