Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s Marcus Butler and his girlfriend for their company nu-in fashion (@nuinfashion on Instagram) if anyone was wondering! They posted a factory tour on Instagram when they were first starting up last year. They asked a woman who worked in the factory if the way the clothes are made (recycled fabric) is more sustainable and she basically said ‘um not really’. I think someone held up another item of clothing made in the factory and it was a pair of shorts with the TALA logo on them. The IGTV is still up, it’s called 360 factory tour on the company Instagram page if anyone wants to check it out

edit: the IGTV is actually “Our factories: Clothius” and the TALA shorts are right at the end
Late to the game but if you look at their recent IG photos, there are biker shorts that look JUST like tala’s hosta shorts and THIS EXPLAINS IT!!!

Reactions: 8
I think when it comes to finding a litmus test for how much white, middle class, straight, privileged people actually care about an issue, there’s not much of a better example than seeing how readily they give up a what they see as a fun experience/moneymaker that makes said issue worse. Examples:
  • Supporting Black Lives Matter, but fetishizing Black men, blackfishing, not privately donating, not campaigning in a way that doesn’t centre themselves and their brand, not using their education and influence to help other people push back against government on antiblackness - just 'virtue signalling'
  • Selling Pride-themed product despite never ever mentioning the LGBT community (and charging a bit extra for these products), let alone campaigning for them, whilst sexualising interactions between women for marketing content/to seem more like 'a cool girl'
  • Claiming to be a vegan ‘for the animals’ whilst spending lots of money on leather goods from designer brands
  • Claiming to be vegan ‘for the environment’ whilst jumping on multiple jets a year and repeatedly getting cabs to cover short, public transport-friendly journeys
  • Claiming to care about general exploitation whilst buying coke and never talking about drugs legalisation, especially whilst people of colour are put in far more danger and are incarcerated far more because of the illegal drugs trade than people like Grace
  • Claiming to care about the exploitation of the working class, but making an aesthetic of the imagery of council estates and fashion that was labelled as 'chavvy' ten years ago, and manipulating people with far less money than them to buy expensive product in order to claim the #adgifted money (e.g. by falsely crediting a product they’ve been sponsored to promote with a ‘transformation’ they’ve gone through, especially if that transformation is at least partly down to cosmetic surgery/fillers)
  • Claiming to care about women whilst promoting women product that generally doesn’t work
  • Accepting 'community-based' (free) work from their fans whilst they're accumulating a lot of wealth (more targeted at influencers)
  • Going to Dubai during a pandemic whilst claiming to care about the working class, vulnerable migrants, the LGBT community, and women, and then blocking anyone that complains, painting them as 'jealous'*
  • bleeping around with COVID for a party
This list didn’t start as a way to passive-aggressively call out Grace – she just honestly falls into so many of these categories anyway that it was hard for this not to sound like it was written about her. But I wish I could spend a day in the mind of someone who cares so little about others that they can be accused of the above ^ and say that the accuser is 'too serious' or 'jealous'.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I'm going to start referring to anyone who goes to Dubai as anti-LGBT.

Love that they say people are jealous of them going there, but why would I be jealous of people like Grace going to a country I could be arrested in for just existing?
Note: Arrested and probably killed

Anyone who goes to Dubai loses my respect

Late to the game but if you look at their recent IG photos, there are biker shorts that look JUST like tala’s hosta shorts and THIS EXPLAINS IT!!!
here is a pic of the Nu-in shorts that look the exact same sans logo as Tala

BE64B0D3-4E31-4A06-9221-65F59D3A56D7.png

Reactions: 11
I think when it comes to finding a litmus test for how much white, middle class, straight, privileged people actually care about an issue, there’s not much of a better example than seeing how readily they give up a what they see as a fun experience/moneymaker that makes said issue worse. Examples:
  • Supporting Black Lives Matter, but fetishizing Black men, blackfishing, not privately donating, not campaigning in a way that doesn’t centre themselves and their brand, not using their education and influence to help other people push back against government on antiblackness - just 'virtue signalling'
  • Selling Pride-themed product despite never ever mentioning the LGBT community (and charging a bit extra for these products), let alone campaigning for them, whilst sexualising interactions between women for marketing content/to seem more like 'a cool girl'
  • Claiming to be a vegan ‘for the animals’ whilst spending lots of money on leather goods from designer brands
  • Claiming to be vegan ‘for the environment’ whilst jumping on multiple jets a year and repeatedly getting cabs to cover short, public transport-friendly journeys
  • Claiming to care about general exploitation whilst buying coke and never talking about drugs legalisation, especially whilst people of colour are put in far more danger and are incarcerated far more because of the illegal drugs trade than people like Grace
  • Claiming to care about the exploitation of the working class, but making an aesthetic of the imagery of council estates and fashion that was labelled as 'chavvy' ten years ago, and manipulating people with far less money than them to buy expensive product in order to claim the #adgifted money (e.g. by falsely crediting a product they’ve been sponsored to promote with a ‘transformation’ they’ve gone through, especially if that transformation is at least partly down to cosmetic surgery/fillers)
  • Claiming to care about women whilst promoting women product that generally doesn’t work
  • Accepting 'community-based' (free) work from their fans whilst they're accumulating a lot of wealth (more targeted at influencers)
  • Going to Dubai during a pandemic whilst claiming to care about the working class, vulnerable migrants, the LGBT community, and women, and then blocking anyone that complains, painting them as 'jealous'*
This list didn’t start as a way to passive-aggressively call out Grace – she just honestly falls into so many of these categories anyway that it was hard for this not to sound like it was written about her. But I wish I could spend a day in the mind of someone who cares so little about others that they can be accused of the above ^ and say that the accuser is 'too serious' or 'jealous'.
Agree with all of this 100%, also there is no way you can be supportive of the "working class" when you want to become a billionare.... does she somehow believe she can have that insane amount of money and it not impact on poorer people? Money is clearly a finite resource (in how our economy works) and then paying her staff tit... I assume her staff are basically being subsidised by family tbh, lviing in London on what she pays them must be hard. I am getting more and more angry with her atm, so she wants to earn an insane amount of money and... what? give it to charity to help poorer people? No country (IMO) should have ANYONE who is a billionaire, charity/whatever stupid mentoring scheme she wants to do, shouldn;t be necessary in a deceloped country

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Genflow just got external investment - look at this article about everything they do for their influencers lmao

'“Genflow offers the complete infrastructure from design, development, manufacturing and logistics through to strategy, marketing and content creation to drive revenue and profit,” explains the company.'

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
This needs to be added to her wiki but I don’t know how to! @Deeznutslol are you able to?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Agree with all of this 100%, also there is no way you can be supportive of the "working class" when you want to become a billionare.... does she somehow believe she can have that insane amount of money and it not impact on poorer people? Money is clearly a finite resource (in how our economy works) and then paying her staff tit... I assume her staff are basically being subsidised by family tbh, lviing in London on what she pays them must be hard. I am getting more and more angry with her atm, so she wants to earn an insane amount of money and... what? give it to charity to help poorer people? No country (IMO) should have ANYONE who is a billionaire, charity/whatever stupid mentoring scheme she wants to do, shouldn;t be necessary in a deceloped country
How much are employees of Tala/Shreddy paid? Market rate, or under paid....?

Reactions: 1
Alright, I know it's been pointed out that Grace going off to Dubai is supporting a homophobic government... and it made me think about when B_ND released their lgbt rainbow band for pride month (definitely not performative allyship). So I found all their posts hyping it up and also talking about their goal to work with more charities in the future.

Have they ever actually followed through?

Attachments

Reactions: 14
Alright, I know it's been pointed out that Grace going off to Dubai is supporting a homophobic government... and it made me think about when B_ND released their lgbt rainbow band for pride month (definitely not performative allyship). So I found all their posts hyping it up and also talking about their goal to work with more charities in the future.

Have they ever actually followed through?
Yea yeah first it was the gays, then it was black people... wonder who she’ll pretend to care about next in order to make some profit? My money is on disabled people

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I know it’s not her but she ain’t got a thread and needs one but Grace is just like Lauren Tickner, spends time in Dubai, wants to be a billionaire, raised with money. Etc etc. just gross. Two peas in a pod

Reactions: 10
What are the different classes and how do you change them because my family is in the top 4/5% of the country but we very much are not upper class and do not come from wealthy grandparents, just simply my parents working very hard to be in their position. Whereas Grace and her family are clearly elite level and try to pretend they’re middle class to be cool and relatable
Just say you’re upper class and go loool no need to brag

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I know it’s not her but she ain’t got a thread and needs one but Grace is just like Lauren Tickner, spends time in Dubai, wants to be a billionaire, raised with money. Etc etc. just gross. Two peas in a pod
She does have a thread 😊

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just say you’re upper class and go loool no need to brag
The top 5% of the country is 1 in 20 people, that's not upper class. Upper class was historically the aristocracy which is a tiny tiny percentage of people. However by a modern definition I would definitely put Grace in that category.

This is an interesting discussion
(oh dear, I didn't realise we weren't allowed to link to mumsnet, that's hilarious! It's a thread called Working class wannabes in the news)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Was just checking my junk email and had an email from TALA in there linking their new meet the team blog post and Grace had used the picture with her dogs dick out, WHY?!!! Of all the pictures why would you put that on your business website, after specifically pointing out the fact it’s out on your IG 🤯

C927B87B-7E9F-4BE5-9D40-4FC38A981B3A.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
She does have a thread 😊

Omg YES thank you 🥰

Reactions: 1
She does have a thread 😊

Oh my god this woman kept coming up in my suggested list and I watched a few minutes of one video and it was just smug smug smug smug. Bleugh. Thanks for sharing the thread ;D

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.