Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OliviaPope

Everything from Season 1 was always about Jon being a bastard, who was Jon’s mother and the last Targaryens.

End season 6 finding out Lyanna was his mother, season 7 ending about how he was Aegon Targaryen.

Season 8 - ep 1 he finds out, ep 2 Dany finds out, ep 4 Dany says tell no one, he tells his sisters then Tyrion and Varys find out, ep 5 Varys get killed because of it...

Then at the dragon pit, nobody even mentions that he was/is the rightful heir to the throne not Dany. So they just send him to he wall because Grey Worm wasn't happy!! No trial nothing!!

So what was the point of him being the rightful heir!

Drogon would have been better off killing him with the Throne!

Reactions: 14

vodkandcokeplz

Chatty Member
Watched it last night. Found it boring to be honest. Kept waiting for something to happen and it just didn't. Feel this while season had been rushed. I wanted Cersei to die a more horrific death and when Bran was pronounced king both myself and my husband were like you have to be f***ing kidding! It just didn't go anywhere. I genuinely thought at one point that it was going to end with Tyrion arranging chairs. Was a yawnfest
This! It ended I was like erm what was that?? They spent more time on Tyrion moving the chairs about than other important scenes; Danny’s death, Cersei’s death etc - both deserved bigger final scenes.

I would of been happier with the knight king wiping them out ffs at least there would of been some shock! Me & my partner was like ‘ok what was the point of like everything!?’ You can really tell the difference without GRRM’s writing as a guide/reference.

Branflake Stark, King of the 6 Kingdoms. Who thought of that? No fans are invested in that miserable little shit.

I’m going to have to buy the books! I can’t deal with this ending 🙄 Also off topic but I pulled out some loungewear earlier ‘game of thrones pj’s’ from Primarni. Genuinely threw them back in the drawer! “Not wearing them” 🖕🏼Fuming 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Meg1912

VIP Member
I watched it again last night at 9 to give it another chance, and have a theory based on what Bran said - 'Why do you think I came all this way'. One of the big storylines throughout was Bran's journey, the people who died to keep him alive, the Children of the Forest sacrificed themselves in the cave, Hodor/hold the door etc. They made a big thing about the Night King wanting to kill Bran, which ties in with him being the Three Eyed Raven and what Tyrion said in the finale about storytellers binding people together. Also what Tyrion said about Kings/Queens not being born, they are made, ties in with neither Daenerys or Jon taking the thrown.

Anyway, what I mean is I think I get the thinking behind the finale direction more than I did before, it's not how I would have liked it to have gone though, I feel the audience may have preferred Cersei to have been captured and executed, personally I would have preferred Daenery to have not gone loopy and to have died heroically saving Jon, Jon to be so distraught he leaves and goes back up North anyway paving the way for the same ending as was shown with Bran becoming King.

What is the likelihood of a spin off 'Adventures of Arya'? [emoji23]
No matter how many times I watch it, I know I won't come to terms with Bran being king. By saying "why do you think I came all this way" with that smug pasty face, it's implied he was okay with the slaughtering in Kings Landing, meaning he's no different from Dany or Cersei and he's a monster. It was all worth it in the end because he got the throne. I wish Bran hadn't said that, it really ruined it for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

Yel

Chatty Member
I’ve been listening the books on audible- don’t know if I can be bother continuing with them.
I don't think there's any point getting into the books if the last one or two look like they'll never be released. Just more wasted time.

I didn’t mind them killing Danny off
I think most people don't mind Dany going mad and the people involved with the show don't get that. It's about the journey not the destination. Sure make Dany turn into the ultimate villain but build it up so shes worse than Joffrey, Ramsey and Cersi combined so it means something.

Just seems they had bullet points on the page as to where the story was going and decided to just cover that without actually padding out the story to something meaningful.

thenomad

VIP Member
It’s this kind of sloppiness that’s doing my head in. You’re kind of wrapped up in the episode when you’re watching it, but afterwards you start thinking how ridiculous it is. The first 6 seasons had such brilliant plotting and writing and now it’s just gone to shit.
For example, who is Azor Ahai? Or has that been completely forgotten about? If it’s Arya because she killed the Night King, when did Melisandre know? It looks like she knew when she told Arya that she would close many eyes way back in whatever season that was, but if that’s the case her whole storyline with Stannis now makes absolutely no sense. The writers are just trying to tie up loose ends in the laziest way possible.
I agree the writing has been very very lazy. Like are we ever going to get clarification on Bran warging during the battle with the the NK and the White Walkers or that's just it? And Dany is now just going mad in the span of days/weeks when her own father went mad over a span of years? I can't even get started on Rhaegal's death. It's just so inconsistent and was done obviously to even the playing field with the battle against Cersei-- especially since she didn't get her elephants. I find it hard to believe that Dany and the dragons really didn't see the boats from up in the sky...

Considering all the plot holes and their consistent lazy writing, I hate that D&D won an Emmy for their writing. My expectations for the final two episodes at this point are very low.

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
I have nothing to add really.
It was majorly disappointing.
It went from being genius to being basic as fuck.

Reactions: 10

Meg1912

VIP Member
OH MY GOD. Personally I thought the episode was EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
Highlights:
- First 10 or 15min when it was complete silence and everybody was waiting for the White Walkers
- Melisandre saving the day
- Arya kicking ass all throughout
- Theon redeeming himself
- How we didn't see any of it coming! Completely unexpected and oh so brilliant.
I don't get why so many people are disappointed our faves survived. Worry not as I'm sure some will die. [emoji23][emoji23] This is GOT we're talking about and it's definitely not a feel good show!
I don't hate Bran. He isn't Bran, he's the Three-Eyed Raven and supposed to be emotionless, just like the previous one was!
I'm sure we'll get plenty of answers and won't be disappointed with the upcoming episodes! It was dark af, I usually watch tv with brightness at 30%, I took it up to 80% and saw everything, but my head isn't happy about it. [emoji51]
Best scene ever:

Reactions: 10

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I love in that article that they got a real doctors opinion on whether Arya would survive a stabbing 😂 This is a show that has dragons in it ffs. I swear to god some people can’t separate fact from fiction. Maybe they could get an interview with a dragonologist as to whether Rhaegal would’ve been shot out of the sky so easily.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
D

Departed member 294

Ok, my thoughts.

Overall, I’m disappointed with the episode.

Yes, there were some utterly bad ass moments BUT

1) The lighting was bad. Completely understand the use of lighting for ambiance, but this was over the top. I found myself in many instances having to rewind to see if that body was x y or z. The magic of the bloody episode was when red headed which with a name I can never spell right came saved my eyesight from rapid onset blindness from strain.

2) the camera work was not great. I struggling to find context of where the hell the camera actually was in the field of battle. It constant jump cuts for promote ‘the action’ actually was just plain annoying. Some of the staging of the camera was bad too - e.g people attacking people you can’t even see. Who knew which bloody dragon was which? I bloody didn’t.

3) in one fail swoop this gigantic army which was pillaged hundreds of miles, got through a giant ice wall, dies. And the night king perishes just like that. No speech, no indication what the fuck he’s actually doing. Nothing. It’s like Martin came up with this amazing concept then had writers block and the deadline for the script came to soon. How about actually, winterfell did fall, but some managed to escape south but then they are going to be fucked by Queen C and her insest ways,and fucked by the night king and his glowy eyed ghouls? Maybe there is some underlying deep meaning to why he got bumped off in the way he did (life is too fragile? Family first? God knows) but he’s the leader of the fucking undead, can we plzzzzzz do him justice?

Arya is a badass tho. I’m convinced that she isn’t actually Arya tho 😏

It felt incredibly rushed. Sure it was pure action action action, which is what got my heart rate up, but afterwards and thinking back I’m like, I basically just watched a medieval Jason statham movie.

But when Sansa and Tyrion had that moment, that was good. I liked that.

I really think they are rushing the end of this.

Meg1912

VIP Member
I DIED! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Haha
  • Sick

thenomad

VIP Member
I'm not a Dany fan but I think her reaction to how everything went down is totally justifiable. Instead it's lazy writing by men to pass off as her going 'mad' or hysterical. She provided an army and everyone is thanking Jon Snow (for trying to kill himself by yelling at a dragon--brilliant fighting tactic) instead when the real hero was Arya. In addition, she lost another dragon, her advisors are turning on her, and she lost Missandei.

I also did not understand why they went to Cersei to try to talk with her. That end scene was so pointless imo. It wasn't like Cersei grew a heart overnight and had changed for the better. If anything it had them more vulnerable being out in the open like that.

Meg1912

VIP Member
Regardless of this season's shit writing, Miguel Sapochnik is absolutely brilliant! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
Also, LOL!!

• Haha