Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
D

Departed member 294

Doing some fixes to stop this thread appearing in new posts - hope thats ok @MontyMoo , but vast majority want to talk about it after airing or are happy to avoid this thread untill they've caught up.

I screamed when I saw the new intro, makes sense it had to change as they aren't scattered all over the place. Loved the change and pov angle.

So much to say don't know where to start! Will watch it again tonight.

Bit worried that Sam will end up killing Dany, he is rather good at killing non civilian / army people. His dad was old and decided honnor was more important but Dickon was a big loss.

Idiots for not learning their lesson with that stupid mission to get a wright from beyond the wall. Should have burnt that sacrifice from the night king the moment they saw it. After the last time a wright screamed and the night king warged into it.

I guess the budget didn't stretch to elephants, that would have cost an absolute fortune to do. The dogs as wolf's were always said to be very difficult and fiddly to do so did wonder how they would get elephants to northern Ireland.

Worried about how they will feed so many and all the foreign army's that are used to warm climates 😰

Not sure if Bronn will be loyal to Jamie, Tyrian or cersei (getting annoying having to Google the names all the time). I hope he won't kill the brothers, but he's always been pretty clear that he's just a sell sword out for money. Hope he isn't true to that.

Glad Yara is free. Still hoping Olenna is alive. Lady Mormont is my fave.

Well if Catelyn had of just loved John Snow also half the things wouldn't have happened. Still think Ned should have just told her the truth, wouldn't lyanna of been fine with that if he asked while she was dying? Seems like a greater betrayal lying to his wife.

Same! They're the couple of the show to root for. I can't see Jamie living but let's hope for an EP or two together.

Sounds like a great compromise, thanks 🥰🥰

Maybe change then no spoilers to spoilers in the title? That way new users won’t come in unexpectedly getting spoiled

Meg1912

VIP Member
So in other words, it’s bran he wants? He’s the only one that could have some involvement in the Night King being created...?
From both interviews, so it seems. Bran is the Three-Eyed Raven, who knows everything, therefore could've used his time travel skills to stop the Children of the Forest from creating the Night King, but he didn't. He did kill the previous Three-Eyed Raven after all.

S

SherlockHuns

I don't get why Sam would be so upset that his father and brother were killed? His father was awful to him and threatened to murder Sam if he didn't take the Black. And, in the books Sam doesn't seem to have much of a relationship with Rickon (who is much younger).
Really didn't get that either. But Sam is a sensitive soul and maybe would have cried thinking of his mum and sister.

Tookah

I do like the fact that for 2 of his big battles he has won because of his sisters.
Ooo I didn't think about that. Also I think Jon must have a huuge role to play in the war against cersai. So many people on twitter were saying that Jon and Dany didn't do much in the battle. Also also I'm kind of surprised that's it for the night king, I thought cersai might have 'met' him. I watched a video that said the night king isn't the true villain of the series, cersai is.

D

Departed member 294

I can't believe it's only a few hours away! Waited so long and now it's just about here.

Everyone OK that we're allowed to discuss it once it airs 2AM UK / 9pm ET?
No wtf! Don’t discuss it at 2am. Most people can’t watch it then! At least wait until the recasting of it on Monday night.

I’ve been too afraid to come to this thread and read about leaked ending. I am going to try and avoid those posts now though as I want to participate in the discussion of the 5th episode!

Yel

Chatty Member
I’ve thought more about it and game of thrones began as a show very much about people and politics. It was a world where magic existed... but no one reallly believed in it. Which was a kind of cool twist on the fantasy genre. And slowly the dragons and white walkers became more regular features of the show. But it makes sense that the show would end as it begun, with humans the true threat to the world ... presumably the dragons won’t live with this argument. But i feel like people are so disappointed because like it or not the show DID become about fantasy spectacle. But I have faith that the writing could be good enough to pull off the next three episodes.... because that’s what it’s going to rest on.... Cersei IS a brilliant and charasmatic villain. If you play the game of thrones you win or you die...

That said I still think more beloved main characters should have been killed off.
This is a great post, I totally agree. The fantasy is what it started with but that was not the focus. Makes sense the battle at the end is just for the throne. Lots want all the dragons dead come the end. For some strange reason I'm most concerned about the dragons - everytime an ice spear pops up I gasp

I'm to hoping the story for the last few episodes will be great.

1. Where did bran go for all that time? You can't tell me he was just pissing about as a raven?
I don't want to get my hopes up, but fingers crossed there's some more to come from him and the WW story.

Omg I'm so excited!! How does everyone else in the UK watch? Do you have it on at 2am too?
Gonna be gutted when its all over. Is there definitely going to be a spin off?

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
Are you pleased with the ending? Do you reckon it makes up for the other terrible episodes this series?
No spoilers please 🙈

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I don’t like Bran either.....
Me neither, he proper gets on my tits but so does Arya in the later seasons.
Enjoyed the opener. I’m hoping it’s a return to form after the last season, which (to me) seemed a bit thrown together with them rushing to tie loose ends up amid a couple of big set pieces.
Good call on whoever said about the dead Starks rising up (although I wouldn’t imagine there’s much left of them?). Probably in the minority but I love Sansa. Her character arc has been amazing.
Another thought that has just come to me. Isn’t the fact that Jon rode a dragon a giveaway? I thought only Targs could be dragon riders.

F the dust.

VIP Member
Enjoy, honestly, I'm envious of anyone who hasn't yet watched it! Do not google, just run with it even when things get a bit confusing, if you're meant to know the answer they will cover it in due course, if not....then it might be still to come😝
Thankyou! I'm easily confused mind😂

I mean, nobody bat an eye when Jon, while running to find and protect Bran, ignored numerous friends grasping for help, but he doesn’t pet a dog and he’s a villain [emoji23][emoji23] it’s obviously showing that he has detached from personal connections and is acting on his collected ruler side of personality and not emotional soppy side, one can’t be all at once and this transition has been going on for a while.

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Just watched episode 3. Enjoyed it but found it very dark and difficult to see what was happening in places. Expected more big characters to die but I'm guessing that's still to come