Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ditto, not surprised he went though saving Dany. The northerners will now rally round her as she's kinda earnt her stripes on the battlefield.

There's not that many left to take on the golden company.
Thats what I was thinking, the dothraki were on the front lines and charged first then some of the unsullied sacrificed themselves so the others could retreat. How much of her army does she have left?? Though I guess the northeners are part of her army now too.

Reactions: 2
Thats what I was thinking, the dothraki were on the front lines and charged first then some of the unsullied sacrificed themselves so the others could retreat. How much of her army does she have left?? Though I guess the northeners are part of her army now too.
I’ve just had this conversation with the husband and I’m going with the left field prediction that Bran will be the new Night King (somehow, don’t ask for details) and he’ll raise a new army of the (many now) dead to march on King’s Landing.

I’m at least 2% certain I’m right. Well, one and a half percent but I think they’ve used up most of the budget.

I’ve just had this conversation with the husband and I’m going with the left field prediction that Bran will be the new Night King (somehow, don’t ask for details) and he’ll raise a new army of the (many now) dead to march on King’s Landing.

I’m at least 2% certain I’m right. Well, one and a half percent but I think they’ve used up most of the budget.
I don't think any of these complicated theory's will come out in the show. At the end of the day all that happened is dragon fire didn't kill the night king, then Arya stabbed him.

Really wanted to see more of the night king, but him and John didn't really do much and now it's all over.

Reactions: 4
I don't think any of these complicated theory's will come out in the show. At the end of the day all that happened is dragon fire didn't kill the night king, then Arya stabbed him.
I agree. I had to stop watching Alt X on YouTube because their theories were way better than what actually happened and were kind of ruining the show for me. It only lead to disappointment.

Reactions: 1
I hate Bran so much part of me was hoping the night king succeeded in killing him. He honestly brings nothing to the table. He could have had the ravens pecking at the dead or something but instead he just sits around knowing tit and being creepy.

I can't help feeling disappointed with Jon I don't know what I want him to do but I just want him to do more.

I do like the fact that for 2 of his big battles he has won because of his sisters.

Ayra was great the way she at times reverted back to her human side and just panicked and ran. Im actually glad that it was her who killed the night king as I really was not expecting it. I like the fact that the Gods had taken steps to ensure Ayra killed him by resurrecting Baleric ? Is that his name? So he could save her and the red woman giving her the pep talk.

Gutted about Lyanna but she was a fighter till the end.

It was a mistake getting up early to watch though I was so tired at work that even one of my students commented on how tired I looked

I also still hate Bran lol

Reactions: 7
I can't help feeling disappointed with Jon I don't know what I want him to do but I just want him to do more.
Melisandre said the Lord of Light brought Beric back for a reason. Since he also brought Jon back, I’m going to assume there’s a really big reason for that and then, sadly he’s going to peg it.

Reactions: 4
I agree. I had to stop watching Alt X on YouTube because their theories were way better than what actually happened and were kind of ruining the show for me. It only lead to disappointment.
Yep, I think there was no way to avoid disappointment - it's easy to write something with lots of possiblities, but when it comes to the conclusion 90% is binned and it's a race to to finish. Maybe someone should write these things in reverse.

Crazy how long Dany and drogon just hovered with all those ice spears they had. The lieutenants seemed to do nothing other than just follow the night king at the end.

I went off alt shift X after he was making 10k a month and still asking for patreons, his content was mostly just repeating theory's and artwork from message boards.

• Wow
Jeez, I never knew that! 😮
He changed his tune after people started calling him out, then changed it to a "if you'd like to support me" but yeah came out of a it a bit money hungry.

He's making around 30k a month at the moment from AdSense and has 3'000 patrons per video, but has hidden the patreon amount. So could easily be getting £60k+ every month with regular videos.

But doubt quaithe or asshai will ever be mentioned again in the show.

• Wow
Just watched it again, wish we had of got an "oh tit" look from the night king. Like the high sparrow gave perfectly in the split second before he died.

How hard would it have been to have teo archers around the gods wood with one sword forged into valerian steel tips?

Yeah this is the bad side of being so invested in a fandom - and game of thrones fandom is by far the richest, complex and most fun I’ve ever been into. Reading all the theories online and watching the YouTube videos is almost as enjoyable as the show itself - sometimes more so. But the hype rarely is met, the reality is always something much more simple and predictable. Mainly because 99% of viewers are far more casual and the complex theories that require knowledge of backstory etc just wouldn’t work for them. Also with game of thrones specifically as soon as the book material ran out it it got a whole load weaker and just more shallow really.

Reactions: 3
I do like the fact that for 2 of his big battles he has won because of his sisters.
Ooo I didn't think about that. Also I think Jon must have a huuge role to play in the war against cersai. So many people on twitter were saying that Jon and Dany didn't do much in the battle. Also also I'm kind of surprised that's it for the night king, I thought cersai might have 'met' him. I watched a video that said the night king isn't the true villain of the series, cersai is.

I’ve thought more about it and game of thrones began as a show very much about people and politics. It was a world where magic existed... but no one reallly believed in it. Which was a kind of cool twist on the fantasy genre. And slowly the dragons and white walkers became more regular features of the show. But it makes sense that the show would end as it begun, with humans the true threat to the world ... presumably the dragons won’t live with this argument. But i feel like people are so disappointed because like it or not the show DID become about fantasy spectacle. But I have faith that the writing could be good enough to pull off the next three episodes.... because that’s what it’s going to rest on.... Cersei IS a brilliant and charasmatic villain. If you play the game of thrones you win or you die...

That said I still think more beloved main characters should have been killed off.

Jon got bailed out by a sister again...I think that's the point, the show has always had that undercurrent of 'girl power' about it and that it's the women that truly run the show. Unless the plot twist ends up as the men on top!

I think all our 'main' characters surviving means we're going to feel even worse when we don't expect them to be killed in the next 3 episodes. Ep3 ended with the sigh of relief, when you just know some of them of still got 3 episodes to meet the worst death!

My questions...
1. Where did bran go for all that time? You can't tell me he was just pissing about as a raven?

2. Are tyrion/Jamie going to stay true? Jamie's a bit stuck now, which living is he going to fight for? Plus his unborn baby? I pray he stays loyal And ditches Cersei for good.

3. What's gonna happen with bronn? One of the 3 is going to have to die?

4. Just what is the point of bran?

Reactions: 6
OH MY GOD. Personally I thought the episode was EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
Highlights:
- First 10 or 15min when it was complete silence and everybody was waiting for the White Walkers
- Melisandre saving the day
- Arya kicking ass all throughout
- Theon redeeming himself
- How we didn't see any of it coming! Completely unexpected and oh so brilliant.
I don't get why so many people are disappointed our faves survived. Worry not as I'm sure some will die. [emoji23][emoji23] This is GOT we're talking about and it's definitely not a feel good show!
I don't hate Bran. He isn't Bran, he's the Three-Eyed Raven and supposed to be emotionless, just like the previous one was!
I'm sure we'll get plenty of answers and won't be disappointed with the upcoming episodes! It was dark af, I usually watch tv with brightness at 30%, I took it up to 80% and saw everything, but my head isn't happy about it. [emoji51]
Best scene ever:

Reactions: 10
I’ve thought more about it and game of thrones began as a show very much about people and politics. It was a world where magic existed... but no one reallly believed in it. Which was a kind of cool twist on the fantasy genre. And slowly the dragons and white walkers became more regular features of the show. But it makes sense that the show would end as it begun, with humans the true threat to the world ... presumably the dragons won’t live with this argument. But i feel like people are so disappointed because like it or not the show DID become about fantasy spectacle. But I have faith that the writing could be good enough to pull off the next three episodes.... because that’s what it’s going to rest on.... Cersei IS a brilliant and charasmatic villain. If you play the game of thrones you win or you die...

That said I still think more beloved main characters should have been killed off.
This is a great post, I totally agree. The fantasy is what it started with but that was not the focus. Makes sense the battle at the end is just for the throne. Lots want all the dragons dead come the end. For some strange reason I'm most concerned about the dragons - everytime an ice spear pops up I gasp

I'm to hoping the story for the last few episodes will be great.

1. Where did bran go for all that time? You can't tell me he was just pissing about as a raven?
I don't want to get my hopes up, but fingers crossed there's some more to come from him and the WW story.

I was expecting a bit more. A few twists. I was saying to my husband "John is the King Of Ice And Fire he will defeat them', 'Bronn is the night king', "omg Tyrian is going to die" but the storyline was very straightforward and I found it very unrealistic that none of our faves died 🙄 and when Arya stabbed the NK I was like 'is that it?'
However.. I was fully engrossed the whole time, it did grip me visually but I do agree that the fan theories were better.

The last 2 series have gone downhill without the writers having a GRRM book to follow... it's just seeming rushed and full of plot holes. Most of the questions we are asking are not the type of questions we had back in previous seasons

Just watched episode 3. Enjoyed it but found it very dark and difficult to see what was happening in places. Expected more big characters to die but I'm guessing that's still to come

I watched the episode yesterday morning and I might as well have been listening to the radio 😂 Rewatched it last night in the dark and it was so much easier to see what was going on. I’m shocked that it was so easy in the end to kill the Night King but it was an amazing episode. Particularly liked Melisandre popping up again.