Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone on Twitter has suggested that the White Horse Arya rode off on is Bran (whose warged into it, I guess). Possible I suppose. Then someone else said, it can’t be Bran it doesn’t look like this 😂
AEEABC8D-D966-444F-8357-B13818FEC09D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm getting a bit annoyed by all the people defending the episode and saying the mad queen was shown throughout the show. The same clip when she was close to death outside qarth about burning cities to the ground keeps being shown. That was just to people that betrayed her when close to death.

It's the most rotten episode ever on rotten tomatoes and down to a 6.9 on IMDB.

I've watched it three times, just because seeing kings landing and the red keep burn is amazing despite the shocking (lack of) story.

This is a great edit, but gives them too much credit

Reactions: 2

TLDR: Everyone from the actors, crew, and even HBO wanted more. However, D&D did not want to give the series over to someone else, despite HBO offering more money to continue the series. D&D made the decision to truncate seasons 7 & 8. Which all translates to... we don't want to do the series anymore, but we don't want anyone else to do it either! *cue rich white male entitlement tears*.

Also, if you google who David Benioff is, it makes a lot of sense why he wanted to do a show called Confederate (where the Civil War in the US ended in a stalemate and slavery still exists). I refuse to watch anything else those two are attached too and they rightfully deserve all the backlash they have been receiving for these past episodes.

I still have so many questions like what was the point of Bran warging during the NK battle (I have very little doubt this will be covered in the final episode), what is the point of Bronn at ALL in this season, why did Tyrion tell Dany about Varys for treason and then does the same thing right after with freeing Jaime. I would also get behind the Mad Queen theory if it was properly built up but after seasons of Dany not wanting to harm women and children and freeing slaves to then having snapped in one episode is just lazy writing. The way the writers have given male characters in this series--who have also seen and done horrific things like Dany--but they get a pass... I am annoyed that next episode is probably going to turn into me just hate-watching and not getting any satisfaction with how it ends. :/

Reactions: 4
I'm getting a bit annoyed by all the people defending the episode and saying the mad queen was shown throughout the show. The same clip when she was close to death outside qarth about burning cities to the ground keeps being shown. That was just to people that betrayed her when close to death.

It's the most rotten episode ever on rotten tomatoes and down to a 6.9 on IMDB.

I've watched it three times, just because seeing kings landing and the red keep burn is amazing despite the shocking (lack of) story.
Yeah that doesn't make sense, she imprisoned the dragons for killing a child didn't she?! She's always made a point of saying 'harm no child'.

Reactions: 5
TLDR: Everyone from the actors, crew, and even HBO wanted more. However, D&D did not want to give the series over to someone else, despite HBO offering more money to continue the series. D&D made the decision to truncate seasons 7 & 8. Which all translates to... we don't want to do the series anymore, but we don't want anyone else to do it either! *cue rich white male entitlement tears*.
It's been said by so many different sources I'm just taking it as gospel now.

Talk of there being quite a lot of conflict behind the scenes. I hope more comes out about this as their ego should not have destroyed the show. I hope they don't get their hands on any other good IP and their offers burn like kings landing.

There really should be some campaign to redo the last season or two in order to do the story justice. I don't care if they have to cast all new actors and slash the budget by 90%. That's a kickstarter I'd support.

Reactions: 3
When asked to describe the season finale in one word, this is what Kit Harington said. Not joking btw, he really did.
[emoji15][emoji15]

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I usually just read this thread and don’t comment because I don’t have much to add but I just have to say this and accept the inevitable judgement and shunning that is to come.

I love Cersei and I am devastated 😭😭😭

Reactions: 1
Could the actors have done anything to get D&D kicked off? They've already had huge commitments to the show for years, they might as well have gone all in and given another year on splitting s8 into 20 episodes.

There's been dodgy parts before, like all of Dorne, so they must have know this whole season could end up a disaster.

Could the actors have done anything to get D&D kicked off? They've already had huge commitments to the show for years, they might as well have gone all in and given another year on splitting s8 into 20 episodes.

There's been dodgy parts before, like all of Dorne, so they must have know this whole season could end up a disaster.
I was wondering if the actors being too superior and demanding caused them their rubbish endings. Like when Joey in friends got killed off by falling down an elevator because he pissed off the writers! 😁

I was wondering if the actors being too superior and demanding caused them their rubbish endings. Like when Joey in friends got killed off by falling down an elevator because he pissed off the writers! [emoji16]
Well that's an interesting theory! According to this article, all main cast apart from Sophie and Maisie (150k per episode) were paid 500k per episode. https://stylecaster.com/game-of-thrones-cast-salary-2019/#slide-7
But, I saw an Ig post saying Lena was paid 1mil, so I'm confused. But Emilia being paid less would be explain the tit ending. That being said, Emilia seems like the sweetest person on the face of the earth, so I really can't imagine her making demands, but you never know! [emoji2368]

I've been seeing a lot of shade from both the crew and cast about how this season is going down. Even Conleth Hill was not happy with Vary's outcome and we can't forget Emilia Clarke's sarcastic reply of "best season ever" in regards to this season.

I don't think it was the actors demanding things more so than D&D wanting to have full control over the series on HBO but also looking to work on new projects; therefore they couldn't fully commit to GoT. Especially now that D&D are working on the next Star Wars movies which is another fandom they will butcher. Plus D&D have also had friction with the author GRR Martin in the past. I chalk it up to the writer's egos if anything.

It is due to the directors, the beautiful score, the cast and crew that made whatever is redeemable in season 8 what it is but even that cannot be overshadowed by horrible writing. Which is unfair to everyone that worked so hard on GoT.

Reactions: 4

I've been seeing a lot of shade from both the crew and cast about how this season is going down. Even Conleth Hill was not happy with Vary's outcome.

I don't think it was the actors demanding things more so than D&D wanting to have full control over the series on HBO but also looking to work on new projects; therefore they couldn't fully commit to GoT. Especially now that D&D are working on the next Star Wars movies which is another fandom they will butcher. Plus D&D have also had friction with the author GRR Martin in the past. I chalk it up to the writer's egos if anything.

It is due to the directors, the beautiful score, the cast and crew that made whatever is redeemable in season 8 what it is but even that cannot be overshadowed by horrible writing. Which is unfair to everyone that worked so hard on GoT.
100%. It’s just a car crash, can’t stop watching but shouldn’t. Most of the characters just deserved more.

Regardless of this season's tit writing, Miguel Sapochnik is absolutely brilliant! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
Also, LOL!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve been too afraid to come to this thread and read about leaked ending. I am going to try and avoid those posts now though as I want to participate in the discussion of the 5th episode!