Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thenomad

VIP Member
Well it looks like the final episode is going to be a total 💩fest. Everyone lower your expectations next week. If you thought this episode was bad, we are in for a ride next week. (n)

I was hoping those leaks weren't true. I'm just disappointed how quickly this season went from good to wow-this-is-flaming-hot-garbage. I'm sorry but Rhaegal dies in 3 seconds and Drogon somehow misses ALL those arrows and manages to burn down the entire city in matter of minutes. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why Rhaegal even needed to die in the first place. I guess one less dragon to CGI into the episode? Also, the whole Dany going mad is such a lame explanation for everything that will go down in the final episode. It's such a cop-out and I hate that D&D consistently keep on ruining all these female characters. I guess Dany freeing all those slaves and wanting to be a benevolent ruler went all out the window. Any character development in the past seasons just disappeared. Previous seasons what? Who cares, if D&D deem it to be so. 🤦‍♀️

The Jaime/Brienne storyline was completely pointless and they didn't need to do that arc if Jaime was going to go back to Cersei and then eventually dies with her. They did Brienne so dirty. Oh and Cersei just walks around the Hound to get away? I'm sorry but I just laughed at how comical that entire situation was-- although Qyburn's death was extremely satisfying.

None of this made any sense and I don't get why D&D thought this was a satisfying way to end the series. I'm extremely pissed off. The only redeeming thing about this episode was that the score was beautiful (as usual) and great cinematography but it is all wasted on such poor story-telling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

Meg1912

VIP Member
OH MY GOD. Scheiffer is a GENIUS. Second one had me in stitches!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
I fell into the rabbit hole of Got boards yesterday. Oh my. I just had visions of Comic Book Guy from Simpsons typing furiously on his keyboard. Apparently they are all master 'battle strategists' and GoT got IT ALL WRONG. Plus they KNOW FOR A FACT that old George will not write the book the same ( if they so psychic, tell me the winning lottery numbers please)

Jees. I get we are invested in it, I understand when people are disappointed, I know that I am far too invested in it myself but c'mon now its a TV show.

I am a book and TV show fan and I understand the frustration, in fact I have never gotten over HP and the Order of the Phoenix (Best book, worst film) but some people need to chill and enjoy it for what it is and what might still come.

BTW - Hardhome will also be my fave showdown but I still enjoyed the episode, if fact I loved it. More so on the second and third viewings when I wasn't having a breakdown and was actually breathing.

In parting, what we should all remember is; When did GoT ever do what we expected them to?

Reactions: 8

Meg1912

VIP Member
Speechless. Mainly really angry tbh. I just don't understand how D&D went to such lengths to keep secrecy around season 8, including setting up 5 levels of huge shipping containers around the Kings Landing they built in Belfast, only to have a complete f***er to say the least, leak the whole thing! Like down to a T. I really wonder how much this douchebag made leaking the plots. Surely he's a crew member and nobody will ever know who he was.
Daenerys and Drogon was a masterpiece, the rest really was a load of bollocks. Queen Sansa, who couldn't keep a secret for 10 seconds! Aaarrrggghhh! King Bran the Broken? Dafuq???!!!!

• Angry
D

Departed member 294

Hi I’m Daenerys and I have a fire breathing dragon

And I have wooden ships shooting at me

And a fire breathing dragon

Wooden ships

Fire....

Breathing.....

Dragon...

Woo....

I just can’t anymore

• Haha
D

Departed member 294

I’m so gosh darn excited 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

I love game of thrones so much that my partner thinks I actually wait for him to finish work to watch it with him... naw bitch I watch it twice in one day 😂

• Haha

Toppsie

As if Jon up on a cliff with Dany, leaving Ghost to fight on the frontline wasn't enough, now he's given him away? Ugh. Take an axe to the face, Snow.

Yel

Chatty Member
Joining in on the memes, because that's the most enjoyable thing about the show ATM

OoLGApn.jpg

2S4Em4F.jpg
7auQ5uH.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
same - I really don't like Dany this season.

Ohhhhhhhhhh Brienne and Jaime, made my heart cry. The acting of both of them was perfection.

I did close my eyes for Arya and Gendry - I totally 'ship' them but I did not want to see side boob, it was like watching my daughter; very awkward.

I enjoyed the episode and there was a lot of high points for me:
Theon (yes!)
the things we do for love (Yes!)
our watch begins (Yes!)
Samwell Tarly Slayer of white walkers and lover of women :love:
The hound and Arya
Pod singing
Giant's milk
Pretty much all of it

Now next week: I am not convinced that the night king will be there. I think he is on his dragon and heading south

IF Brienne dies I am gonna throw the biggest hissy fit ever.

• Heart

Meg1912

VIP Member
@Practically Perfect, I completely agree! I think most people are being way overdramatic. [emoji23] I think we're far too invested and reading all the theories out there is kind of a recipe for disaster. I really liked how they showed the main characters scared shitless. The only part I thought was really cringe was when Jon got up and stood there screaming in front of Viserion, not sure what he expected to achieve! [emoji23][emoji23]
I used to really like Tyrion, but not anymore. In fact I find myself losing interest whenever he's on screen.
Slightly OT, but apparently Joe and Sophie got married in Vegas. I hope she won't regret such an impulsive decision.
Here's a sneak peek of the next episode:

• Haha