Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No from me too. [emoji852][emoji852][emoji852][emoji852][emoji852]

• Sad
Reactions: 2
:cry: I haven't read the spoilers and won't do, the surprise is the only element left to look forward to.

Still excited to see how it actually plays out. At least it's not just bad, it's absolutely terrible.

Reactions: 5
As with the other posters, if the spoilers are to be believed then I will be disappointed. I have tried to champion this series but alas I have to agree that the overall feeling I get is that they just couldn't be arsed. Its a shame George never finished the books.

As a fan of the books and the TV show and having invested hours of my life to the same, I am feeling quite mugged off and then offended that they have mugged me off. I just hope it plays out better than the spoilers suggest.

All the same I am still giddy to watch the next two episodes!

:cry: I haven't read the spoilers and won't do, the surprise is the only element left to look forward to.

Still excited to see how it actually plays out. At least it's not just bad, it's absolutely terrible.

I really wish I hadn't succumbed; so I strongly encourage you to stick to your guns and not read them

Reactions: 4
Are you pleased with the ending? Do you reckon it makes up for the other terrible episodes this series?
No spoilers please 🙈
I read the spoilers because I knew D&D can't turn this around and I had my expectations low but after what I read wow... It's even more awful than what I could have imagined. Basically any personal growth that any of the main characters had is completely pointless with how badly D&D ended up mangling the remaining two episodes. None of it makes any sense. It's just stupid and you can tell it was poorly written by men who know nothing about the books.

I read the spoilers because I knew D&D can't turn this around and I had my expectations low but after what I read wow... It's even more awful than what I could have imagined. Basically any personal growth that any of the main characters had is completely pointless with how badly D&D ended up mangling the remaining two episodes. None of it makes any sense. It's just stupid and you can tell it was poorly written by men who know nothing about the books.
I'm clinging onto the hope that the 'leaks' are red herrings from HBO [emoji85]

Reactions: 1
It's mad how many disappointed people there are. With a show this big usually people just lap up anything because of the hype. It really feels like a different show now.

• Sad
I'm so pissed off with it. I can't believe how we've waited so long just to have a tit ending😡

I'm so pissed off with it. I can't believe how we've waited so long just to have a tit ending[emoji35]
Precisely. It just doesn't make any sense! Why is the season which took the longest to film the shittiest one of all? I was okay with it up until episode 3, even willing to close my eyes to a couple ridiculous things, such as Sansa saying she didn't know how to use a knife, Viserion not destroying the tiny wall behind which Jon was hiding, when it had destroyed the Wall!
But episode 4 was ludacris! And the more I think about it, the more frustrated I get! Dany forgetting about the Iron Fleet? Dafuq? Sansa basically telling The Hound going through all the abuse she suffered was not so bad as it made her a strong woman. Again, dafuq? That coffee cup? OH MY GOD! Jon not giving two f***s about Ghost because they blew their CGI budget? Rhaegal dying so easily? Tyrion asking Cersei to surrender and saying she's not a bad person? Arya wanting so badly to go back to Winterfell to now say she doesn't plan on going back? None of it makes sense!!! My expectations are as low as it gets tbh. I'm so gutted as I was soooo looking forward to an epic final season. [emoji24]
The creators suck and they definitely should hide as the backlash will only get worse. I honestly feel so bad for George!

Reactions: 6
Precisely. It just doesn't make any sense! Why is the season which took the longest to film the shittiest one of all? I was okay with it up until episode 3, even willing to close my eyes to a couple ridiculous things, such as Sansa saying she didn't know how to use a knife, Viserion not destroying the tiny wall behind which Jon was hiding, when it had destroyed the Wall!
But episode 4 was ludacris! And the more I think about it, the more frustrated I get! Dany forgetting about the Iron Fleet? Dafuq? Sansa basically telling The Hound going through all the abuse she suffered was not so bad as it made her a strong woman. Again, dafuq? That coffee cup? OH MY GOD! Jon not giving two f***s about Ghost because they blew their CGI budget? Rhaegal dying so easily? Tyrion asking Cersei to surrender and saying she's not a bad person? Arya wanting so badly to go back to Winterfell to now say she doesn't plan on going back? None of it makes sense!!! My expectations are as low as it gets tbh. I'm so gutted as I was soooo looking forward to an epic final season. [emoji24]
The creators suck and they definitely should hide as the backlash will only get worse. I honestly feel so bad for George!
It's ended up like some sort of bad comedy😡

Reactions: 2
It's ended up like some sort of bad comedy[emoji35]
So true. [emoji852] I can imagine that when the cast got the scripts, they just wanted to get it over with. Oh forgot one, Sam and Gilly naming their child Jon when Edd DIED SAVING SAM???!!! Come on!! [emoji2959][emoji2959]

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm clinging onto the hope that the 'leaks' are red herrings from HBO [emoji85]
I was hoping for this but the earlier leaks mentioned Rhaegal’s death, Missandei’s capture, etc, for last week’s episode which all happened. I’m so gutted.

I am really disappointed. Like others have echoed, they spent two years and a huge budget per episode. This wasn’t a rushed season. There was no excuse for it to end like this. I’m going into this Sunday with zero expectations and being extremely pissed off.

Also, how they treat women in this show. Wtf. The whole Sansa saying she was a stronger person for surviving rape. That was in extreme poor taste. Yes, she’s a survivor but crediting all of her growth to her being violently raped... Literally no words and just disgusting.

Keep on digging that ditch, D&D. This show having one female director during its entire run and a handful of female writers is really telling and indicative of how the rest of the episodes pan out. Oh and don’t get me started on their horrible representation of POC in this series. I hate being this upset but I can’t believe they wasted two years to come to this conclusion and thought it would be well received.

Reactions: 6
It's shocking how the wheels have come off on the biggest show in the world. Maybe the money and ever increasing budget caused this all? In one of the behind the show episodes they were talking about how in the old days they needed to use a sponge painted as a rock rather than just using CGI that they do now the budget is higher.

Someone should have seen the rough outlines for the plot early on and told them it was dire, we waited two years and expected big things.

An absolute tit put a thumbnail on youtube that was a screen shot of the spoilers from redit, I've sadly read the first line and am pissed. Will be staying off youtube until after Sunday! Be careful.

Maybe the money and ever increasing budget caused this all
I think it started to go downhill when they finished adapting the books. I absolutely refuse to believe that this is the way things will end up if GRR Martin ever finishes them. He must have given the producers a very rough outline of where he’s intending to take the plot and they haven’t even bothered to flesh it. And if that leak is true, it’s absolutely pathetic (the bit about Bran gave me a lol though. Absolutely useless in The Battle of Winterfell but apparently he can do THAT coz magic 🙄).

bit about Bran gave me a lol though. Absolutely useless in The Battle of Winterfell but apparently he can do THAT coz magic 🙄
Ooh I didn't make it that far into the spoiler. Actually makes me a bit more excited to see what ridiculous thing Bran will do.

The show was probably all-consuming for D&D and they want it over to get on with their life. But at the same time they shouldn't have taken on such an epic show if they weren't prepared to see it though - they choose to pitch it. I'm sure LA is filled with people that are just as talented at adapting very good books and could have written a far better plot once the books ran out.

Totally agree. They should’ve handed it over to someone who would’ve done a better job if they’d had enough.

Do we need to make another thread, with spoilers so those who have seen the leaks can talk without those that haven't running the risk of reading something they'd rather not?

Reactions: 5
Do we need to make another thread, with spoilers so those who have seen the leaks can talk without those that haven't running the risk of reading something they'd rather not?
I think that's a great idea so we can get it off our chest!