Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Anyone want to guess when I was watching?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ok, my thoughts.

Overall, I’m disappointed with the episode.

Yes, there were some utterly bad ass moments BUT

1) The lighting was bad. Completely understand the use of lighting for ambiance, but this was over the top. I found myself in many instances having to rewind to see if that body was x y or z. The magic of the bloody episode was when red headed which with a name I can never spell right came saved my eyesight from rapid onset blindness from strain.

2) the camera work was not great. I struggling to find context of where the hell the camera actually was in the field of battle. It constant jump cuts for promote ‘the action’ actually was just plain annoying. Some of the staging of the camera was bad too - e.g people attacking people you can’t even see. Who knew which bloody dragon was which? I bloody didn’t.

3) in one fail swoop this gigantic army which was pillaged hundreds of miles, got through a giant ice wall, dies. And the night king perishes just like that. No speech, no indication what the duck he’s actually doing. Nothing. It’s like Martin came up with this amazing concept then had writers block and the deadline for the script came to soon. How about actually, winterfell did fall, but some managed to escape south but then they are going to be fucked by Queen C and her insest ways,and fucked by the night king and his glowy eyed ghouls? Maybe there is some underlying deep meaning to why he got bumped off in the way he did (life is too fragile? Family first? God knows) but he’s the leader of the bleeping undead, can we plzzzzzz do him justice?

Arya is a badass tho. I’m convinced that she isn’t actually Arya tho 😏

It felt incredibly rushed. Sure it was pure action action action, which is what got my heart rate up, but afterwards and thinking back I’m like, I basically just watched a medieval Jason statham movie.

But when Sansa and Tyrion had that moment, that was good. I liked that.

I really think they are rushing the end of this.

Reactions: 9
Is rhagal (don't think that's spelt right) alive? Cos he kind of crashed landed then wasn't it the rest of the episode. Also I thought more people were going to die. I don't know what I was expecting from that episode but that definitely wasn't it. I liked it tho but I think I prefer battle of the bastards for the actual battle iyswim

Reactions: 1
agree with some of those points, the whole series feels rushed, like they took their time over the story for series 1-6, then it all sped up, I'm just going with it and hoping it's not the let down of an ending Lost was (series 1, they're all in purgatory, writers insist they're not, final series, oh they actually were in purgatory after all)

My predictions now are it's all about the women (all men must die), Bron can't bring himself to kill Jamie, but does try to kill Tyrion, Jamie jumps in the way and sacrifices himself to save his brother (redemption), Arya then uses Jamie's face to get close to Cersei and kills her. Only way in the end to kill the Night King was to get close enough to him so seems like that same concept would work with Cersei. Cersei can't end up on the throne, hated character would make fans very unsatisfied, its got to be someone we like on the Iron Throne. Tyrion retires, Arya becomes hand of the new King or Queen, Sansa is Queen of the North/Winterfell. Yara will also join the next fight against the Golden Company.

This is all just me guessing, not a spoiler per se.

Reactions: 2
Na I can’t see Arya as a Hand, she’s a goddam badass assassin not a politician! She’d be bored to death.

Her killing Cersei with Jaime’s face makes so much sense as it fulfills both her list thing and the prophecy. It’s almost like the new r+l=j in fan theory popularity. But then this time yesterday the night king flying to kings landing as a twist still seemed quite likely...

Reactions: 3
Remember, the person doesn't need to be dead for Arya to use their face, we saw that at the end of her training with the waif/jaqen h'ghar

• Heart
I'm a GoT virgin....first ever episode, later today.
Enjoy, honestly, I'm envious of anyone who hasn't yet watched it! Do not google, just run with it even when things get a bit confusing, if you're meant to know the answer they will cover it in due course, if not....then it might be still to come😝

Reactions: 5
Enjoy, honestly, I'm envious of anyone who hasn't yet watched it! Do not google, just run with it even when things get a bit confusing, if you're meant to know the answer they will cover it in due course, if not....then it might be still to come😝
Thankyou! I'm easily confused mind😂

Remember, the person doesn't need to be dead for Arya to use their face, we saw that at the end of her training with the waif/jaqen h'ghar
Oh no. I did not remember that thank you for reminding me! I really don’t want Jaime to die, he needs proper redemption then happiness and to have sex with someone who isn’t his sister.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
One thing I think we might be sure of happening now is the Hound v the Mountain.

And also, I reckon we're still going to loose some main characters given none went at Winterfell

Reactions: 3
I'm six of one, half a dozen about it. Several years ago thought the night king story line would be wrapped in season 7 finale and season 8 would be just about the throne.

You really need a good tv with great blacks to view that episode.

Not surprised the night king was killed just like that, we knew despite all the power how vulnerable they are. I wanted to see more of the night king, his motives, the ice palace and everything. But so much story line to cover thought it was going to be rushed and disappointing, and it was sadly.

Ridiculous for them to charge in knowing how outnumbered they were. Will need to rewatch and will be watching hours of round up videos this week.

I've know several people call their daughters Arya from the early seasons, always saying she would be the one. They're going to be happy 🤣

Where's Bronn?

Really wanted to see the night king invade king's landing. 😔

Reactions: 5
Oh no. I did not remember that thank you for reminding me! I really don’t want Jaime to die, he needs proper redemption then happiness and to have sex with someone who isn’t his sister.
I think Jamie is going to die at some point. Watching old episodes lately and he says to Bronn when they are in Dorne he wants to die “in the arms of the woman he loves”, at that point it would be Cerci but think it’s foreshadowing about his death and in the arms of Brianne.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
You can't tell that took 55 days to make. Battle of the Bastards was much more superior when it came to following what was happening and camera work.

Jorah's death just seemed... meh. When you think of what a character he's been all the way through. His whole life an anti climax. No more House Mormont. At least Lyanna went out with a bang.

I'm kind of hoping there will be a need for a Night King...and someone has to take his place. I totally see this being Jon. He doesn't want the Throne, I think that level of sacrifice is totally up his alley.

I want to see Jamie take out Daenery's. She's slowly shown her paternal side coming through more and more, and I think she will totally lose it now everything she's based her journey on is wrong and shes not rightful heir. Shes going to go cuckoo and I want Jamie to do to her what he did to her father. Can't stand her anyway I'll be pissed if she gets the Throne.

Also Melisandre's death...why was that necessary?

I will never get over Jorah going, he was one of my faves.
Ditto, not surprised he went though saving Dany. The northerners will now rally round her as she's kinda earnt her stripes on the battlefield.

There's not that many left to take on the golden company.

Also Melisandre's death...why was that necessary?
It seemed to me she was ready to die, she had served all that her god wanted and after hundreds of years (I believe) she wanted to go.

Reactions: 4