Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

I think I am in the minority but I enjoyed it.
I still get up early to watch it before work and enjoy it, but it's gone so downhill since season 6.

So many illogical things ever since that silly mission north of the wall that Tyrian never should have agreed to as he knows his sister would betray them.

I think they would have been better off not trying to end it the way it's supposed to end and just create their own end. The storytelling couldn't get any woorse.

Reactions: 3
I was so disappointed with the last episode :( I was like what the duck am I watching!!!!! It's like an episode of days of our lifes, hook ups, marriage proposal, secrets, gossip... And the way Jon freakingwhateverhisnameis parted with Ghost! OMG so cruel!

Reactions: 5
The director has come out and said the reason why Jon didn’t interact with ghost is because it made the filming easier.... because ghost acted on a green screen

Jesus wept 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I was so disappointed with the last episode :( I was like what the duck am I watching!!!!! It's like an episode of days of our lifes, hook ups, marriage proposal, secrets, gossip... And the way Jon freakingwhateverhisnameis parted with Ghost! OMG so cruel!
Payback is a witch.

Reactions: 1
I mean, nobody bat an eye when Jon, while running to find and protect Bran, ignored numerous friends grasping for help, but he doesn’t pet a dog and he’s a villain [emoji23][emoji23] it’s obviously showing that he has detached from personal connections and is acting on his collected ruler side of personality and not emotional soppy side, one can’t be all at once and this transition has been going on for a while.

Yel

The director has come out and said the reason why Jon didn’t interact with ghost is because it made the filming easier.... because ghost acted on a green screen

Jesus wept 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
The production crew have always moaned about how difficult the wolf's are with their fur. They film them all in a studio then increase the size but the fine hairy edges mean they're way more expensive than dragons. But they still could have done a better goodbye without being technically any more difficult.

Think Sam should have died when John ignored him.

At this stage I'm rooting for cersi.

Reactions: 1
One more! [emoji23][emoji23] I watched an interview with the GOT creators, who were asked a few questions by Jimmy Kimmel about the uocoming episodes. I swear David looked about to punch Jimmy when he asked if we'll see more about the White Walkers. [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]
I wonder if something will happen to Tormund and the wildlings on their way home (White walker style )

Yel

Not sure if the quote is real and as they live until 200 not sure if they're mature, but all that investment in these dragons only to find out they're pretty easy to kill

D55xpZLUUAAEU48.jpeg

GRRM: "Only one Dragon in recorded history has been brought down in the air by a projectile and it was a one in a million shot. A mature Dragon in the air is virtually invincible."

D&D: "Lets have them hit him 3 times in a row, twice while he's falling, from a moving boat, from half a mile away, with a crossbow."

Reactions: 7
Not sure if the quote is real and as they live until 200 not sure if they're mature, but all that investment in these dragons only to find out they're pretty easy to kill

View attachment 16128

GRRM: "Only one Dragon in recorded history has been brought down in the air by a projectile and it was a one in a million shot. A mature Dragon in the air is virtually invincible."

D&D: "Lets have them hit him 3 times in a row, twice while he's falling, from a moving boat, from half a mile away, with a crossbow."
It’s this kind of sloppiness that’s doing my head in. You’re kind of wrapped up in the episode when you’re watching it, but afterwards you start thinking how ridiculous it is. The first 6 seasons had such brilliant plotting and writing and now it’s just gone to tit.
For example, who is Azor Ahai? Or has that been completely forgotten about? If it’s Arya because she killed the Night King, when did Melisandre know? It looks like she knew when she told Arya that she would close many eyes way back in whatever season that was, but if that’s the case her whole storyline with Stannis now makes absolutely no sense. The writers are just trying to tie up loose ends in the laziest way possible.

Reactions: 4
It’s this kind of sloppiness that’s doing my head in. You’re kind of wrapped up in the episode when you’re watching it, but afterwards you start thinking how ridiculous it is. The first 6 seasons had such brilliant plotting and writing and now it’s just gone to tit.
For example, who is Azor Ahai? Or has that been completely forgotten about? If it’s Arya because she killed the Night King, when did Melisandre know? It looks like she knew when she told Arya that she would close many eyes way back in whatever season that was, but if that’s the case her whole storyline with Stannis now makes absolutely no sense. The writers are just trying to tie up loose ends in the laziest way possible.
I agree the writing has been very very lazy. Like are we ever going to get clarification on Bran warging during the battle with the the NK and the White Walkers or that's just it? And Dany is now just going mad in the span of days/weeks when her own father went mad over a span of years? I can't even get started on Rhaegal's death. It's just so inconsistent and was done obviously to even the playing field with the battle against Cersei-- especially since she didn't get her elephants. I find it hard to believe that Dany and the dragons really didn't see the boats from up in the sky...

Considering all the plot holes and their consistent lazy writing, I hate that D&D won an Emmy for their writing. My expectations for the final two episodes at this point are very low.

Reactions: 11
I agree the writing has been very very lazy. Like are we ever going to get clarification on Bran warging during the battle with the the NK and the White Walkers or that's just it? And Dany is now just going mad in the span of days/weeks when her own father went mad over a span of years? I can't even get started on Rhaegal's death. It's just so inconsistent and was done obviously to even the playing field with the battle against Cersei-- especially since she didn't get her elephants. I find it hard to believe that Dany and the dragons really didn't see the boats from up in the sky...

Considering all the plot holes and their consistent lazy writing, I hate that D&D won an Emmy for their writing. My expectations for the final two episodes at this point are very low.
Both creators said when the final episode airs, they'll have taken their wives to an undisclosed location, turn their phones off, go offline, drink a lot of tequilla and come back when it's over, so I think that says something! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7

Yel

I can't even get started on Rhaegal's death.
With so many of the plot holes they still could have reached the same outcome but with much better writing that was emotionally satisfying. Sure if they want to kill off Rhaegal do it, but in a convincing way that doesn't make the viewer feel cheated. He should have at least gone down with a fight, not just plucked out of air by a few perfect shots from fleet that was invisible from 300m in the air.

I hope some animation channel redoes the last two seasons with a good story.

And three spinoffs are due to come from this world. Apparently HBO wanted to extend it but D&D were keen to wrap it.

E4 is down to a 6.8 on IMDB.

Reactions: 5
I agree. D&D don't deserve GoT. When you see them talking behind the scenes it's clear that they don't really know tit about the characters they're writing. They know nothing about GRRMs work, and have zero respect for what made them big. GoT is the stepping stone to desecrating the corpse of Star Wars.

Me at this point

Attachments

It feels like all the actors have had enough this season and everyone wants it over and done with just my opinion

It feels like all the actors have had enough this season and everyone wants it over and done with just my opinion
I think this interview was pretty telling how some of the cast members felt. I honestly don't blame them.

D&D dude-bro'ed the hell out of this show and pandered to the fan boys with tons of gratuitous sex scenes (yes because if we're going by historical accuracy all the naked women are supposed to be completely without body hair... :unsure:). I will still watch the final two episodes and I haven't read any spoilers yet but I know the ball is going to be dropped and we are going to end up with a very unsatisfactory ending.

I mean if we are getting lazy editing issues like the coffee cup, massive plot holes, and topped with the consistent lazy writing when D&D had TWO years to work on this... Yup. Might as well play a drinking game while watching the last two episodes.

I've found these past couple episodes better if I don't think about them. I watch the episode, read the memes and then move on which is kind of sad. I feel like I'm not enjoying these eps as easily as I did last series 😭