Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
I've found these past couple episodes better if I don't think about them. I watch the episode, read the memes and then move on which is kind of sad. I feel like I'm not enjoying these eps as easily as I did last series 😭
I'm spending more time watching reviews on the episodes and getting increasingly more annoyed :LOL: We all wanted it to be good.

D&D suddenly don't have as many offers coming in.

Reactions: 7

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
Well I bloody loved it. I stayed up till 2am to watch it and it was worth it.

Obvs the Arya bit was amazing but for me the highlight of the episode was the conclusion of Theon's redemption. I have enjoyed his arc the most and although I did not want him to die, it was fitting. Oh did I sob.

I also lived when the NK smirked at Dany when the dragon fire did nothing.

I had guessed that the NK would have to die during this episode as there was no other way for the folks at winterfell to survive otherwise and I am really not bothered about it; Cersai is batshit crazy and has always been the 'evil' one. I love her. However I do hope that Jaime takes her out and not Arya wearing his face.

Arya, Arya, Arya - you made this old hag jump off her bed yelling and fist pumping.

I do hope Bran does some Timey-Wimey thing and give us some details on the NK, that 'look' between them has to have some meaning.

I am looking forward to the rest of the episodes and pray we do get Clegane Bowl - C'mon the hound!

My lingering thought comes from episode 2 - what did Bran and Tyrion talk about....?

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
I hate Bran so much part of me was hoping the night king succeeded in killing him. He honestly brings nothing to the table. He could have had the ravens pecking at the dead or something but instead he just sits around knowing shit and being creepy.

I can't help feeling disappointed with Jon I don't know what I want him to do but I just want him to do more.

I do like the fact that for 2 of his big battles he has won because of his sisters.

Ayra was great the way she at times reverted back to her human side and just panicked and ran. Im actually glad that it was her who killed the night king as I really was not expecting it. I like the fact that the Gods had taken steps to ensure Ayra killed him by resurrecting Baleric ? Is that his name? So he could save her and the red woman giving her the pep talk.

Gutted about Lyanna but she was a fighter till the end.

It was a mistake getting up early to watch though I was so tired at work that even one of my students commented on how tired I looked

I also still hate Bran lol

Shutthedoor

Was having a discussion with my husband... he didn't rate series 8 but said he thought the final episode was okay... he asked (thinking/speaking out loud) if people disliked it because it wasn't they ending they wanted, or they didn't want it to end...... so I ask..... what way would you have liked it to end? What would you have wanted to happen?

I personally, would have liked it to have gone on for longer for a start. Series 8 could have been split over 2 series. We could have slowly seen dany turning into the mad queen rather than in a single episode. Cersei could have been given more air time, could have seen her plotting and getting her army together and tactics etc... I'd have liked a face off between dany and cersei and a proper face off between Jamie and euron, not just the scene where they fought and stabbed one another. I'd also have liked to have seen more between Tyrion and cersei. More of Arya, she spent umpteen seasons training to be a faceless man, we got to see her use her abilities a couple times but would have loved for her to wear Jamie's face and kill cersei. Would have also liked for Arya to say Valar morghulis and Jaqen H'gar to come back and help her

• Heart

Meg1912

VIP Member
I just watched Jason Momoa's live stream whilst watching the final episode and I love him. When Jon killed Daenerys, he said: F*** you, f*** you, punk! [emoji23][emoji23]
When Tyrion was saying all the reasons why Bran should be king, he said: Who gives a f***! And repeated it like 4 times! [emoji23][emoji23] His friend fell asleep whilst watching it! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
He said to Tyrion: F*** you!
He then said Drogon shoud've melted his f***ing ass! [emoji23][emoji23]
He said he wanted to go to a bar to fight, but the bar was closed. That he was so disappointed.
Same, dude, same.

• Heart
Please don’t post spoilers, because people will open it and then discuss it here “disguising” what they read but it will be dead obvious what everyone is saying and I don’t want a spoiler at all. Thanks

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I'm not convinced I'm going to like how the show ends, will be very interested to see the direction the books go in compared to this rushed series 8. Although Emilia Clarke has said in an interview episode 5 is her favourite, so perhaps it does start to go her way a bit more.

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
I can't believe thats how Jaime and Sersei die! Like seriously WTAF!! REALLY?!? she deserved a Joffrey or Ramsey death.. not a blink and you miss, kissy death. Wouldn't surprise me though if in the next episode, we see that the rubble has fallen all around them and they are safe. D&D keep doing that! You 'think they are dead' bit they aren't. Very 1990s, bad Hollywood writing. D&D have butchered the show

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
If all the unsolid are heading off to me-sundae's home then Jon could just come back a week later.
Me-sundae 😂 I don’t know, Yara wasn’t too pleased that Jon had killed Dany, was she? If he came back, maybe she would’ve gone for him.

All in all, I think it was piss poor. I wouldn’t have minded this ending so much if we’d had a slow build up of Dany going bonkers. And there are so many unanswered questions and storylines that were pointless. Why did Jon need to be a Targaryen? What was the point of him dying then coming back to life? Who was Varys writing his letters to? I’m annoyed at it all. I thought I’d be upset at the end, but nope, there’s nothing.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
The more I've thought about it, the more I feel quite sorry for Daenerys, she's lost 2 dragons, Jorah, Missendei, most of her Dothraki, half the Unsullied, she's given away a lot to help others, she was kind of right when she said to Sansa and that now when the time came for others to make a stand for her and Sansa was going back of their agreement.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Someone on Twitter has suggested that the White Horse Arya rode off on is Bran (whose warged into it, I guess). Possible I suppose. Then someone else said, it can’t be Bran it doesn’t look like this 😂
AEEABC8D-D966-444F-8357-B13818FEC09D.jpeg

• Haha

Tacilo

I'm also disappointed that we didn't get to see the reaction of Arya and Sansa when they found out about Jon.

:cry:

20190506_191508.jpg

• Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
Not sure if the quote is real and as they live until 200 not sure if they're mature, but all that investment in these dragons only to find out they're pretty easy to kill

D55xpZLUUAAEU48.jpeg

GRRM: "Only one Dragon in recorded history has been brought down in the air by a projectile and it was a one in a million shot. A mature Dragon in the air is virtually invincible."

D&D: "Lets have them hit him 3 times in a row, twice while he's falling, from a moving boat, from half a mile away, with a crossbow."

Meg1912

VIP Member
I agree the writing has been very very lazy. Like are we ever going to get clarification on Bran warging during the battle with the the NK and the White Walkers or that's just it? And Dany is now just going mad in the span of days/weeks when her own father went mad over a span of years? I can't even get started on Rhaegal's death. It's just so inconsistent and was done obviously to even the playing field with the battle against Cersei-- especially since she didn't get her elephants. I find it hard to believe that Dany and the dragons really didn't see the boats from up in the sky...

Considering all the plot holes and their consistent lazy writing, I hate that D&D won an Emmy for their writing. My expectations for the final two episodes at this point are very low.
Both creators said when the final episode airs, they'll have taken their wives to an undisclosed location, turn their phones off, go offline, drink a lot of tequilla and come back when it's over, so I think that says something! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

• Angry
  • Wow
D

Departed member 294

I can't believe I've wasted 10 years of my life on this shit.

• Haha