Game of Thrones (no unaired spoilers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the Starks have always had a close connection (Brandon the Builder) with the white walkers etc so it HAD to be a Stark that killed him (there must always be a stark at Winterfell) Sansa can’t fight, Bran is Bran so it HAD to be Arya because Jon isn’t a Stark.

I think that’s why the Night King was intrigued by Jon as he wasn’t a Stark yet acted like one? It’s almost like the Night King knew about his parents before Jon did?

Reactions: 2
I think the Starks have always had a close connection (Brandon the Builder) with the white walkers etc so it HAD to be a Stark that killed him (there must always be a stark at Winterfell) Sansa can’t fight, Bran is Bran so it HAD to be Arya because Jon isn’t a Stark.

I think that’s why the Night King was intrigued by Jon as he wasn’t a Stark yet acted like one? It’s almost like the Night King knew about his parents before Jon did?
Jon is a Stark though - he is half Stark half Targaryen. Bran, Sansa and Ayra are half Stark and half Tully. It’s the same.

Reactions: 5
Jon is a Stark though - he is half Stark half Targaryen. Bran, Sansa and Ayra are half Stark and half Tully. It’s the same.
Maybe it means that there should always be a Stark by name there or perhaps it simply means someone who is worthy of the name.

Who knows, that’s just how I see it.

Reactions: 1
I thought wow they made a gazillion dragon glass arrows yet nobody could hit the night king there’re a tit shot 😂😂😂

Well I bloody loved it. I stayed up till 2am to watch it and it was worth it.

Obvs the Arya bit was amazing but for me the highlight of the episode was the conclusion of Theon's redemption. I have enjoyed his arc the most and although I did not want him to die, it was fitting. Oh did I sob.

I also lived when the NK smirked at Dany when the dragon fire did nothing.

I had guessed that the NK would have to die during this episode as there was no other way for the folks at winterfell to survive otherwise and I am really not bothered about it; Cersai is batshit crazy and has always been the 'evil' one. I love her. However I do hope that Jaime takes her out and not Arya wearing his face.

Arya, Arya, Arya - you made this old hag jump off her bed yelling and fist pumping.

I do hope Bran does some Timey-Wimey thing and give us some details on the NK, that 'look' between them has to have some meaning.

I am looking forward to the rest of the episodes and pray we do get Clegane Bowl - C'mon the hound!

My lingering thought comes from episode 2 - what did Bran and Tyrion talk about....?

Reactions: 7

Obvs the Arya bit was amazing but for me the highlight of the episode was the conclusion of Theon's redemption. I have enjoyed his arc the most and although I did not want him to die, it was fitting. Oh did I sob.

I had guessed that the NK would have to die during this episode as there was no other way for the folks at winterfell to survive otherwise and I am really not bothered about it; Cersai is batshit crazy and has always been the 'evil' one. I love her. However I do hope that Jaime takes her out and not Arya wearing his face.

Arya, Arya, Arya - you made this old hag jump off her bed yelling and fist pumping.

I do hope Bran does some Timey-Wimey thing and give us some details on the NK, that 'look' between them has to have some meaning.

I am looking forward to the rest of the episodes and pray we do get Clegane Bowl - C'mon the hound!

My lingering thought comes from episode 2 - what did Bran and Tyrion talk about....?
I think clegane bowl might happen during the final battle. Maybe the final blow that causes Cersei to lose ??

I’m thinking if Bran doesn’t give us the details of the NKs past we will get a spin of show about how he became the NK. Hoping for a lot of spin offs!

Reactions: 3
I’m thinking if Bran doesn’t give us the details of the NKs past we will get a spin of show about how he became the NK. Hoping for a lot of spin offs!
There’s a prequel in the works I think. Jane Goldman is involved, so I’m hopeful but I think it focuses on the Targaryens (I might have made all that up).

OH MY GOD. Scheiffer is a GENIUS. Second one had me in stitches!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
So I'm late and managed to avoid this thread but finally got to watch it and felt a bit disappointed! I was expecting much more with only a few more episodes to go. Didn't help I couldn't see who was who half the time either 😂 I think it's a lot cheesier than usual this series. It does now leave it wide open though still to who will win. I think the complicated theories have definitely ruined it a bit though!

So I'm late and managed to avoid this thread but finally got to watch it and felt a bit disappointed! I was expecting much more with only a few more episodes to go. Didn't help I couldn't see who was who half the time either [emoji23] I think it's a lot cheesier than usual this series. It does now leave it wide open though still to who will win. I think the complicated theories have definitely ruined it a bit though!
You're not the only one. Ouch! https://wikiofthrones.com/24324/long-night-lowest-ranked-game-of-thrones-episode-since-season-5/

Reactions: 1
They shot the clip quite a few times apparently, but when it rained and they were just waiting around.........

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I fell into the rabbit hole of Got boards yesterday. Oh my. I just had visions of Comic Book Guy from Simpsons typing furiously on his keyboard. Apparently they are all master 'battle strategists' and GoT got IT ALL WRONG. Plus they KNOW FOR A FACT that old George will not write the book the same ( if they so psychic, tell me the winning lottery numbers please)

Jees. I get we are invested in it, I understand when people are disappointed, I know that I am far too invested in it myself but c'mon now its a TV show.

I am a book and TV show fan and I understand the frustration, in fact I have never gotten over HP and the Order of the Phoenix (Best book, worst film) but some people need to chill and enjoy it for what it is and what might still come.

BTW - Hardhome will also be my fave showdown but I still enjoyed the episode, if fact I loved it. More so on the second and third viewings when I wasn't having a breakdown and was actually breathing.

In parting, what we should all remember is; When did GoT ever do what we expected them to?

Reactions: 8
@Practically Perfect, I completely agree! I think most people are being way overdramatic. [emoji23] I think we're far too invested and reading all the theories out there is kind of a recipe for disaster. I really liked how they showed the main characters scared shitless. The only part I thought was really cringe was when Jon got up and stood there screaming in front of Viserion, not sure what he expected to achieve! [emoji23][emoji23]
I used to really like Tyrion, but not anymore. In fact I find myself losing interest whenever he's on screen.
Slightly OT, but apparently Joe and Sophie got married in Vegas. I hope she won't regret such an impulsive decision.
Here's a sneak peek of the next episode:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not quite GoT related but I just read that Sophie and Joe just got married in Vegas. I think they are still planning their wedding in France but need to hold the actual legal marriage elsewhere.