Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flumps

VIP Member
Apropos of nothing at all, but I mentioned on the mother thread a while ago that my partner lost his job (because Covid). He's just got a shiny new one! And I reckon much better suited to him than the previous one. Am so very happy and so relieved for him. I may have had a little cry, because I am a crier.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Fraus. Jai drinkez tout les booze. My bed is TOO BIG for my small little face so I bought le water et les sticks chocolat to keep me company. Pray for mon hangover.

DSC_0016.JPG

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

colouredlines

VIP Member
Morning frauen! I'm feeling very happy today BUT will pop this under spoiler tag for ED mention just to be on the safe side.

I had quite a traumatic experience a couple of years ago, and it led to me gaining a load of weight and then struggling for ages with relapses into bulimia (which causes more weight gain because bulimia really is shit). Anyway, since I moved house a couple of months ago I've been working on taking control of myself in a healthy way. Nothing obsessive but through good food, exercise and better habits, I have gradually been getting back to my old self. Today I am wearing a dress I haven't fit into since 2017. It's a little tight but fuck me, I'm feeling ecstatic to be putting the bad times behind me!

20200731_101149.jpg

PS I made the dress myself. I do fear triangulation, but honestly, what are the chances that Jack would click on a thread about Food & Drink?

• Heart
Reactions: 42

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Fraus may also appreciate the best croque monsieur I have ever eaten (it had truffles in it - FANCY).

DSC_0011.JPG

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Not to rub salt in anyone's employment wounds but I had an interview today and got the job! I interview much better over Zoom it turns out.
Very small celebration because I'm in one of the areas *triangulate me* that has last minute lockdown restrictions and that could jeopardize my summer job and side hustle (I'm very BUSY right now) so no plans to buy a Cotswold sideboard yet but hopefully I'll be able to go from one job to the other without losing any money.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I love Lego so much. It's silly (so I didn't say before), but at first I was so busy I didn't have time to do it, but now I am reserving the joy of building the Death Star until I've achieved something I'm working on (hahaha, JM style tease that, but I'm only not sharing the thing because I'm a bit embarrassed by it). It's going to be my reward for success. Sadly, the thing is taking a lot longer than I hoped, but one day I will build it.

This was one of my favourite ever cake orders - an Indiana Jones/Star Wars Lego crossover affair. I promise I will stop posting photos of cake now.

View attachment 194725
So, you know when you said something delightfully modest in the last thread that was along the lines of ‘I’m a fairly competent baker’ - I can see now that was a massive, massive understatement!!!!!! How talented are you?! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Alansbigplate on the thread title. Inspired, babe 👏👏 You truly are a wordsmith.

More food / drink / anything chat here! All welcome 🌸

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

AdultHumanFemale

I've spent various parts of this evening reading through the last thread and I remember why I used to love the old JM threads so much!

I've never been a super active poster, but I felt incredibly uncomfortable after people were taking their beef off Tattle, or bringing it over here. So I stopped.

You guys kept me going whilst I had a full on breakdown through your honesty, companionship and silliness in those earlier days. So thank you!

Also, I agree with a lot of what has been said about the way the threads and conversation has been moving. A lot of it has become tired and unfounded speculation, which ultimately undermines what a lot of us really loathe about JM.

Also, landlords are vile.

Also, I loved the chat about the personality types, and I'm INTP, according to the test only 6% judging, which my girlfriend scoffed at "you judge as much as you breathe" 🙄 (that may or may not be true...)

I'm going to try not to turn every comment into an essay. ♥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

Passive_Aggressive_Lemon

When I first discovered Tattle I dipped my toe into the Hinch threads. I thought they were unnecessarily cruel and really nit picky. Honestly, that woman only has to blink and it’s discussed as being wrong in her threads. The mother thread feels like it’s going the same way to me.

It feels like a harsher place and the sense of community has drifted. I think the unique set of circumstances of lockdown, DKL and a lot of us with time on our hands led to a really nice friendly forum.

I wasn’t happy about the gif embargo and I find it annoying people complain about happy birthday posts. How joyless. That says to me that people are there just to tear JM apart, dissecting the most inconsequential details of her life. It’s a far cry from the grate (geddit?) corned beef days.

On a separate note, does anyone know where Motherwellgirl is? I can’t tag her so I’m wondering if she’s deleted her account or changed her name?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Sorry to do a JM but having the shittest time, baby is fucking huge after gaining 2lbs in just over a week and I don’t think they’ll let me have a natural delivery anymore. Waiting for a consultants appt now, crying in the waiting room which has gotten my mask wet so I look like liquid covid.

Baby looks just like my husband though which is sweet, I wonder which variation of huge nose shell inherit as its currently dinky

• Heart
Reactions: 36

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Fraus. An update is warranted I feel - as much for myself as for you all. The Before Sunrise cosplay happening in the past few days and...........turns out real life is nothing like the movies. Quelle surprise, eh? We had a lovely time together, catching up, chatting about everything, hanging out in a nice city, but there wasn't a spark anymore. Too much time had passed. Too much other stuff got in the way. There was a moment where we were lying on a rug in the park (which was absolutely FULL because it was national Switzerland day or something so absolutely no chance for park sex) when I almost felt what I did 12 years ago when we shared a tent in the Siberian forest, but then some asshole set off a firework and the moment was lost.

There's a lot to think about - about changing desires, and growing older (and perhaps wiser?), of not being so struck by idealism, of being more aware of your body and what it wants. I think we envied each other a little bit, and the paths we'd chosen - me with my CHAOTIC MAVERICK freedom, him with his stable living situation and high salary. I've been brooding about it all for the past 24 hours. In a way it feels freeing - that I got my closure, essentially. But I'm also pretty mournful for the person I was back then and how hopeful and unafraid she was. I've also drunk quite a lot of cheap Croatian wine so I'm a little bit more maudlin than I'd like. But, mein frauen, we go onwards!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It speaks so much to the state of the 21st century economy, where every single thing people do has to be monetised or presented as a side hustle. Nobody's allowed any downtime anymore, we all have to be working or trying to sell stuff in our 'spare time'.
Omg thank you for posting this (+ @HarderFaster), I really needed to hear it after a sad shitty morning hearing about my boss calling me a problematic employee........because I got signed off for mental health problems whilst heavily pregnant because of him! I know it's absolutely ridiculous and super cunty, I'm literally in therapy for self esteem for the first time in my life at the mo because of this, but it still hurts after working so hard & building so much. And reading about small businesses I was like omg yep I should be thinking about my post mat business proposition/pitch materials/ROI framework (I want to do a web & marketing data/analytics consultancy for SMBs in my ends not do contract jobs for wankers in central) and this is a pleasant reminder that I'm literally a rotund mega ball of flesh rn all I can do is eat and sleep and try to push a baby out whenever she decides to do her thing~

I got a Starbucks frapp tho and my husband took me to the dump (Paris WHO? x) to cheer me up so feeling better. Lunch was tuna sweetcorn, I use greek yoghurt cos the idea of mayo majorly grosses me out and JM definitely didn't help turn those tides around with her #sponcon. No idea what to do for dinner!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

Lornadoom

Breakfast time, soy yogurt, bananas and pomegranate. I have to say I am so thankful to Flumps and other people here encouraging one to eat nice things.
It is an uphill exhausting battle for me. I do feel so much better afterwards,thank you so much
operation pomegranate 0061.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 35

colouredlines

VIP Member
I don't have much time for Myers-Briggs but did it anyway, and was amused to get ENTP (The Debater) because I used to do competitive debating way back at university and was actually really good at it!

Jack thread has become a mix of people arguing over random shit, obsessively bringing up the same nonsense, and doing the Mumsnet thing of not reading any old posts ("doesn't Jack live with her girlfriend Louisa?"). It's sad...I found Jack's horse spunk lasagne and grated corned beef a real highlight of a very difficult lockdown, but I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck if she has lip fillers or not.

ETA: love Sistema lunchboxes/microwave containers etc. They're great!

• Heart
Reactions: 34

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Bonjour fraus. Just about to tuck into this in my apartment pour le dejeuner. Sadly couldn't find any yellow sticker chicken so I went for saussison sec, soft cheese, pork rillettes, baguette and a salad. And fuck it a wine I'm on holiday. Also included a bonus hand cradling shot a la JM but sadly I brought clothes instead of camera equipment so a tongue shot was pas possible.

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I had champagne for dinner because, after 18 months of long distance, my boyfriend finally moved in with me today. I've never cohabited before so I finally feel like an actual grown up.

I feel like I've been absent too long to say everything I want as a catch up but big love to everyone struggling with JM's nonsense: it's mad how she can make one feel inadequate or "less than" even when she is clearly a very sad and lonely person. The mark of a manipulator, I suppose.

I thought better of Nigella, I really did.

• Heart
Reactions: 33