Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A post mine was deleted a couple of days ago but the notification didn't mention any points so I don't know if I'm on the naughty list.

Anyway. Food and drink. I'm going to drunkenly create some sort of 3am snack. It won't be slop though.

EDIT: Made my snack and it was bloody lovely. Some very scrappy hand-pulled noodles using some of the dough that I have resting for tomorrow's pasta. In a broth made from these magic stock cubes, some light soy sauce and a little bit of garlic oil.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Do you get a message when you get points? I never check my notifications (or what emojis people leave in response to my posts 🤷‍♀️ ) so I've probably missed mine 😂
I turned off all notifications the day I started posting! It's great, I still get PMs as they're separate, but I'm one of those people who can't handle having a little red number in the corner.

• Haha
  • Heart
Just to bring it back to the ‘alleged’ topic for a sec, I had an entire pack of sugarsnap peas for dinner, steamed and smothered in butter, lemon juice and salt and pepper. It was one of those randomly quick and simple things - I’ve been BUSY - but they were so so delicious 😋
Oh I love simple things like that 😋. Buttery, garlicky green beans are a fave of mine, and I can eat a whole bowlful of buttered peas on their own, with plenty of white pepper, sometimes some mint. Ooh and simply stir-fried broccoli ☺ Love green veggies.

Anyone make kale chips? Love those too with Maldon salt and cayenne pepper.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Morning all!

I have significant desires to experience the Southend funfair. I am also an Estuary Frau from across the water but I have never been to actual Southend.
Come over for a visit!

I started getting the annoying username covering adverts last week. Had to switch to chrome where it doesn’t happen.

@Badlyplatedflapjacks congratulations!!

Placebo❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not to rub salt in anyone's employment wounds but I had an interview today and got the job! I interview much better over Zoom it turns out.
Aww congratulations Flappers! I remember your redundancy woe and am so pleased for you! Maybe you could consider a Cotswold bedside table or mini bookcase as a stepping stone celebration?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Morning meine Fraus! I am terrible are remembering who recommended what, so forgive me, but whoever said to add a little bit of butter to the pan when you're making rice absorption style, I thank thee! Had it two nights in a row with my burnt aubergine chilli (from the freezer) and all the accoutrements (jalapeno, coriander, creme fraiche with lemon juice added to make it into soured cream) and what can I say other than HUBBA HUBBA?!

• Heart
Morning meine Fraus! I am terrible are remembering who recommended what, so forgive me, but whoever said to add a little bit of butter to the pan when you're making rice absorption style, I thank thee! Had it two nights in a row with my burnt aubergine chilli (from the freezer) and all the accoutrements (jalapeno, coriander, creme fraiche with lemon juice added to make it into soured cream) and what can I say other than HUBBA HUBBA?!
that was me, thrilled!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Morning frauen! I'm feeling very happy today BUT will pop this under spoiler tag for ED mention just to be on the safe side.

I had quite a traumatic experience a couple of years ago, and it led to me gaining a load of weight and then struggling for ages with relapses into bulimia (which causes more weight gain because bulimia really is tit). Anyway, since I moved house a couple of months ago I've been working on taking control of myself in a healthy way. Nothing obsessive but through good food, exercise and better habits, I have gradually been getting back to my old self. Today I am wearing a dress I haven't fit into since 2017. It's a little tight but duck me, I'm feeling ecstatic to be putting the bad times behind me!

20200731_101149.jpg

PS I made the dress myself. I do fear triangulation, but honestly, what are the chances that Jack would click on a thread about Food & Drink?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
A post mine was deleted a couple of days ago but the notification didn't mention any points so I don't know if I'm on the naughty list.

Anyway. Food and drink. I'm going to drunkenly create some sort of 3am snack. It won't be slop though.

EDIT: Made my snack and it was bloody lovely. Some very scrappy hand-pulled noodles using some of the dough that I have resting for tomorrow's pasta. In a broth made from these magic stock cubes, some light soy sauce and a little bit of garlic oil.
I'm torn between being ashamed at the lack of effort I put into my midnight snacks compared to you (a slice of toast or a whole pack of biscuits usually, or the chippy if I'm drunk) and wanting to move in with you post haste!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Morning frauen! I'm feeling very happy today BUT will pop this under spoiler tag for ED mention just to be on the safe side.

I had quite a traumatic experience a couple of years ago, and it led to me gaining a load of weight and then struggling for ages with relapses into bulimia (which causes more weight gain because bulimia really is tit). Anyway, since I moved house a couple of months ago I've been working on taking control of myself in a healthy way. Nothing obsessive but through good food, exercise and better habits, I have gradually been getting back to my old self. Today I am wearing a dress I haven't fit into since 2017. It's a little tight but duck me, I'm feeling ecstatic to be putting the bad times behind me!

View attachment 197598

PS I made the dress myself. I do fear triangulation, but honestly, what are the chances that Jack would click on a thread about Food & Drink?
Wow, lovely dress, I am in AWE of anyone who can create something like this with their bare hands.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Haha I wish it had been something brilliant, but I made a post many many mother threads ago asking for advice. I had come on that morning to a notification requesting I switch off my ad blocker. Totally happy to do so to support the site, but then I had a problem with a big ad on the left that was just wide enough to obscure the usernames on all the posts. I couldn't close it/refreshing didn't help etc.

So, I posted in the forum saying that i was happy to switch off the ad block but did anyone have any tips on closing the sidebar ad only cos I couldn't see who was who and thought I may have missed something obvious etc etc.

I received a warning notification from admin for 2 points for moaning about ads. But the notification doesn't click through into anything, and there is nothing anywhere to say you can't discuss ads, what points mean, and more specifically I wasn't being negative.
I asked on the board I used because I thought I might be missing something easily fixable, I think my post may have also been deleted, I didn't see it again post warning.

It was a little deflating haha, but I haven't seen the side ad since that day either?
I am also only posting for context and not to complain as I have found some things confusing here, and I have seen other members posting on the celeb threads discussing the ads so maybe it was okay after a bit?
whatdod
Morning all.
Thinking about having cake for breakfast.
do it, its almost theweekend !

Reactions: 5
I had a bite of the cake. It was dry. How disappointing.

(edit for spelling)

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

View attachment 197598

What a gorgeous dress... we have such talented cabal! It really suits you :)

Morning frauen! I'm having homemade blackberry coulis for breakfast with soya yoghurt and it's delicious!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh I love simple things like that 😋. Buttery, garlicky green beans are a fave of mine, and I can eat a whole bowlful of buttered peas on their own, with plenty of white pepper, sometimes some mint. Ooh and simply stir-fried broccoli ☺ Love green veggies.

Anyone make kale chips? Love those too with Maldon salt and cayenne pepper.
Drool to all of that! I love kale chips but recently managed to spend half the day at work with a big bit stuck to my front tooth. Nobody told me 🙈!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

View attachment 197598

What a gorgeous dress, you look lovely 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 13

View attachment 197598

You look bloody fabulous! Very talented too! Hope you have a wonderful day in the sunshine. ❤

Ps. HOOTING at the fact Jack would never read here

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.