Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack thread is not fun today, and I've got some Tinder lad who I haven't met in person inviting himself to come over for dinner and sleep on my couch...maybe enough internet for one evening?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I’ve still not cooked properly for myself I feel poo. Also my daughter being a hormonal pre teen has made my period go awol and I’ve had PMT for a month now. I’d think I was up the duff if I’d had a sniff of cock

(sorry tmi fraus!)
Sorry for your troubles Alan, but that last line made me hoot, thus the laughing emoji. Hope you feel better soon x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
It was flying ant day here yesterday, they swarmed as I was returning from a nice long walk and I then had to spend time picking them out my hair 🤮

I’m another one who doesn’t get the hype of Nando’s. It’s ok, but not worthy of the price.

And I always eat pizza with my hands!

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Yeah definitely still happens.🔺 I used to live in a house where the garden backed on to the local park🔺, and ohhhh... The swarm was terrible.

I wish mosquitoes were like flying ants though, two days of hell and then you never see them again. 😒

I do love a Nando's. Obviously it's not haute cuisine, but it's relatively cheap, cheerful and fantastic for groups (paying separately when ordering!), and their chicken is alright. One thing that I love the most about Nando's however is their mayonnaise, and I'm not talking about the stuff you can buy in the supermarkets. But their bog standard mayonnaise you ask for and get for free is THE BEST MAYONNAISE, and I consider myself quite the mayonnaise connoisseur (which probably isn't something I should boast about... 🙄).

Also Zizzi is great because they always have offers. I refuse to pay full price in there as there is always a 20-40% discount code floating about. Love their calzones! 😍
Also perinaise- which I can never read without thinking of perineums. Soz fraus.

Eta. Just seen the sniffs of cocks above and feel less guilty for lowering the tone.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I used to really love Nando’s but the last few I’ve had have just been a bit meh.

i swore after lockdown that I’d onlygo to independents but truthfully I like a place where I know how it works and what I’m doing wherever I am in thé country- i dont know if it’s an anxiety thing or just a me being stupid thing but I quite like routine!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Was it just me or did a new member called I’MBUSY just post something quoting the post about Barbara on the mother thread? I’ll probably get reprimanded for this, but it’s gone now. Don’t know if it was just me?
I saw it but it was just quoting and nothing added.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
i haven't seen flying amt day since i was a child, anyone else in London still get it??
Yes, we had it the other week! Had an outdoor-social distance night out with my friends, and we spent half the time shouting OH GET OFF! at the ants. Bloody annoying twits 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Thanks for confirming - I thought I was seeing things!
No, definitely was there. Sometimes people seem to get muddled posting so it's just a quote with nothing added - I can talk, I have sausagey fingers when texting which is why I pretty much always Tattle from a laptop ;)

Flying ants - I remember them when I was a child in Sussex - HORRIBLE THINGS. They'd come in the house and be all over the windows. Ughhhhhhhhhhh horrid horrid horrid. I've not seen them in the North East of England, thank goodness.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No, definitely was there. Sometimes people seem to get muddled posting so it's just a quote with nothing added - I can talk, I have sausagey fingers when texting which is why I pretty much always Tattle from a laptop ;)
I sometimes press the wrong reaction like a 😄 when I mean ❤ or a 🤢 when I mean ☹ and then think, tit!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Not to rub salt in anyone's employment wounds but I had an interview today and got the job! I interview much better over Zoom it turns out.
Very small celebration because I'm in one of the areas *triangulate me* that has last minute lockdown restrictions and that could jeopardize my summer job and side hustle (I'm very BUSY right now) so no plans to buy a Cotswold sideboard yet but hopefully I'll be able to go from one job to the other without losing any money.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
omg so many fun topics, so far behind! bullet points:
  • Nando's food is 100% over rated, but I've always had such a nice time with mates / colleagues there that I do love it? Toilets defs anxiety inducing though they need to turn the volume down.
  • As a child (in south London - surely this isn't a London only thing?) flying ant day terrified me, I remember the terror in the school playground at lunch time & crying they were touching me, and running home terrified too. They should have let us with anxious dispositions stay at home?!
  • On pizza - have you guys seen those £££ ooni ovens? The pizzas look SO GOOD but omg £200, is it bad I'm hoping there's some sort of cheap rip off sometime soon? Sorry ooni but you gift them to influencers so it's what u deserve x
  • Jack is giving me the heeby jeebies again I don't wanna read her venom :( !!
ETA: @Badlyplatedflapjacks massive congratulations, what lovely news!! x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Not to rub salt in anyone's employment wounds but I had an interview today and got the job! I interview much better over Zoom it turns out.
Very small celebration because I'm in one of the areas *triangulate me* that has last minute lockdown restrictions and that could jeopardize my summer job and side hustle (I'm very BUSY right now) so no plans to buy a Cotswold sideboard yet but hopefully I'll be able to go from one job to the other without losing any money.

NICE ONE! :D :D :D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Just to bring it back to the ‘alleged’ topic for a sec, I had an entire pack of sugarsnap peas for dinner, steamed and smothered in butter, lemon juice and salt and pepper. It was one of those randomly quick and simple things - I’ve been BUSY - but they were so so delicious 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 18
congratulations that’s fantastic

I’ve never heard of flying ant day but I grew up in the north east so the ants were poss too cold to shag

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Congrats @Badlyplatedflapjacks 🥳

I’ve skim-GL because I'm BUSY! (Not really but had tickets to watch Dermot Kennedy virtually tonight which was fab - I think I might actually prefer being at a concert in my living room eating Jelly Tots than going to the real thing)

I do enjoy a Nando's. It's not amazing but it's cheap and family friendly, especially when you have a toddler who only eats beige food. And I'm a sucker for any restaurant with unlimited refills of soft drinks. Nando's did a gravy at Christmas which I could I have happily eaten by the bucketload with a plate of chips. As far as high street chains go in restaurant parlance, I prefer TGI Fridays. Their sesame chicken is amazing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.