Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Drinking my fourth black coffee of the day and about to prep a ginger and spring onion sauce and a spicy gochujang sauce for my Korean porky feast later!

My daughter also now has her own phone and has taken to inviting friends over without consulting me first, so I also need to go and make an emergency trip to go get a jar of pesto...the only food guaranteed to be eaten by every child

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It speaks so much to the state of the 21st century economy, where every single thing people do has to be monetised or presented as a side hustle. Nobody's allowed any downtime anymore, we all have to be working or trying to sell stuff in our 'spare time'.
Omg thank you for posting this (+ @HarderFaster), I really needed to hear it after a sad crappy morning hearing about my boss calling me a problematic employee........because I got signed off for mental health problems whilst heavily pregnant because of him! I know it's absolutely ridiculous and super cunty, I'm literally in therapy for self esteem for the first time in my life at the mo because of this, but it still hurts after working so hard & building so much. And reading about small businesses I was like omg yep I should be thinking about my post mat business proposition/pitch materials/ROI framework (I want to do a web & marketing data/analytics consultancy for SMBs in my ends not do contract jobs for wankers in central) and this is a pleasant reminder that I'm literally a rotund mega ball of flesh rn all I can do is eat and sleep and try to push a baby out whenever she decides to do her thing~

I got a Starbucks frapp tho and my husband took me to the dump (Paris WHO? x) to cheer me up so feeling better. Lunch was tuna sweetcorn, I use greek yoghurt cos the idea of mayo majorly grosses me out and JM definitely didn't help turn those tides around with her #sponcon. No idea what to do for dinner!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Omg thank you for posting this (+ @HarderFaster), I really needed to hear it after a sad crappy morning hearing about my boss calling me a problematic employee........because I got signed off for mental health problems whilst heavily pregnant because of him! I know it's absolutely ridiculous and super cunty, I'm literally in therapy for self esteem for the first time in my life at the mo because of this, but it still hurts after working so hard & building so much. And reading about small businesses I was like omg yep I should be thinking about my post mat business proposition/pitch materials/ROI framework (I want to do a web & marketing data/analytics consultancy for SMBs in my ends not do contract jobs for wankers in central) and this is a pleasant reminder that I'm literally a rotund mega ball of flesh rn all I can do is eat and sleep and try to push a baby out whenever she decides to do her thing~

I got a Starbucks frapp tho and my husband took me to the dump (Paris WHO? x) to cheer me up so feeling better. Lunch was tuna sweetcorn, I use greek yoghurt cos the idea of mayo majorly grosses me out and JM definitely didn't help turn those tides around with her #sponcon. No idea what to do for dinner!
I hope your boss gets dick rot. What a bleeping hole.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Time for a very late lunch - a burrito with refried beans, garlicky rice, Oumph kebab pieces and salsa. I made the refried beans with black beans instead of pinto beans because I'm a maverick like that :cool:
That sounds so good!

Reactions: 4
Still catching up but I had to chime in with the crisp talk! I hate grown up crisps, thought I was alone because everyone i know is obsessed with kettle chips and poncy flavours 🙄 but I have found my people! Kettle crisps always taste stale to me, the texture is all wrong.
Anyway, top tier for me are monster munch (any flavour, but pickled onion will always be my number one). Worcestershire sauce walkers, I dearly miss pickled onion walkers too, they were immense. Niknaks, wheat crunchies and Skips and salt and vinegar chipsticks.

I also live for the day they bring back prawn cocktail wotsits, I bloody loved them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Still catching up but I had to chime in with the crisp talk! I hate grown up crisps, thought I was alone because everyone i know is obsessed with kettle chips and poncy flavours 🙄 but I have found my people! Kettle crisps always taste stale to me, the texture is all wrong.
Anyway, top tier for me are monster munch (any flavour, but pickled onion will always be my number one). Worcestershire sauce walkers, I dearly miss pickled onion walkers too, they were immense. Niknaks, wheat crunchies and Skips and salt and vinegar chipsticks.

I also live for the day they bring back prawn cocktail wotsits, I bloody loved them.
wheat crunchies! How could I forget about wheat crunchies

for my bday this year my boyfriend bought about 20 different bags of crisps and blindfolded me and challenged me to identify them all. Yes this was a lockdown birthday, yes it was very fun and yes, I aced the test

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I hope your boss gets dick rot. What a bleeping hole.
hahaha thank you, these sorts of petty thoughts keep me going. I know this is awful but you know on Amazon they sell those dead bugs to feed snakes, do you not ever think when someone wrongs you how perfect it'd be to send them those? I'd live in eternal fear after doing something so bad tbh, I'm a total pussy, but imagining the scene always makes me feel better no matter what?!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
hahaha thank you, these sorts of petty thoughts keep me going. I know this is awful but you know on Amazon they sell those dead bugs to feed snakes, do you not ever think when someone wrongs you how perfect it'd be to send them those? I'd live in eternal fear after doing something so bad tbh, I'm a total pussy, but imagining the scene always makes me feel better no matter what?!
100% I am a very calm, placid person but I do sometimes have little fantasies where some tit bag gets their comeuppance! Recently heard my neighbour being really horrible to his wife, and spent that evening imagining him falling down the stairs/getting a dick injury/stacking it in front of our cool neighbours who I know he is scared of! So cathartic! I actually think it's a pretty good way to relieve stress without being confrontational.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
A forum I frequent always used To threaten prawns when a member had been wronged. You had to assume that the intended had hollow curtain poles, the theory being that someone would unscrew the ends, insert prawns in shells and rescrew. And over time the prawns would rot creating an awful smell which couldn’t be located.

so the cry would always be 'shall we send prawns 🦐 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Omg thank you for posting this (+ @HarderFaster), I really needed to hear it after a sad crappy morning hearing about my boss calling me a problematic employee........because I got signed off for mental health problems whilst heavily pregnant because of him!
I read this as your boss had got you pregnant and was like "whoa, plot twist"

What a head though, seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have a story about itchy revenge insects for sale on the internet that would completely triangulate me but know that people do it (not me!)

🦀

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
It's muck heaps amongst my friends. I have three horses, they have a considerable output(!) and since the muck heaps occasionally spontaneously combust, I'm pretty sure they'd rot down a corpse with no problems.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
wheat crunchies! How could I forget about wheat crunchies

for my bday this year my boyfriend bought about 20 different bags of crisps and blindfolded me and challenged me to identify them all. Yes this was a lockdown birthday, yes it was very fun and yes, I aced the test
Omg wheat crunchies! Do these still exist?!

Reactions: 7
I got bacon wheat crunchies the kids the other day and a few packets might have fallen into my mouth.

but I haven’t seen the tomato ones for years and they were the superior flavour ☹

• Haha
Reactions: 6

What an hole hope you’re ok @heretotreaditall2019

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m in the car being antisocial and enjoying a catch up - my other half is wondering what I’m reading and is now very suspicious because I told him it’s a gossip forum about crisps 😂

edit - also @heretoreaditall2019 sorry to read about your rubbish day, posted before I read it x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Trainer information - Adidas have changed the sizing on the youth gazelles (cheaper because no VAT charged). I was a size 5, but the length has been increased. I’m now a 4.5. The largest youth size is 6. £75 ish for adult, £43 for youth size.
Hope someone can save some cash.

Reactions: 11

The new series of Masterchef Australia starts on W channel in the UK on MONDAY (with the new judges)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thank you guys for being so lovely, can't wait to sleep the day off but kind thoughts have really helped!

Also @Toebeans on forums about crisps - this is definitely TMI but this morning there was a really bad smell and my husband goes 'have you farted?!' obviously I hadn't as it was so bad if I'd done that I'd have texted my midwife tbh, but I laughed cos I remembered what I'd written about how much easier life would be if I lived with a woman who would know no human was capable of creating that smell?? I tried to explain but he said I wouldn't laugh if I hadn't done it, so I blame this thread.

Also relevant to a lot of your interests & stolen from the SODs thread:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.