Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Evenin’ all!

I made a note of all the comments I wanted to reply to and then somehow deleted it 😭
Anyway love to all who have had issues with JM and other life stuff.

Congratulations to anyone who has had good stuff happen, like the poster that is moving in with their other half (I’ve forgotten the user name sorry)

My grandad has been taken to hospital so I’ve been here skim reading to try and distract myself but not had much patience to type up a reply. A part from now and then it all disappeared!!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Regarding the common comments.on the mother thread, surely the old classic: "where is Mrs J?" 😂

What was dinner this evening people? I made Thai turkey burgers and we had rice with them as I'd forgotten to buy sweet potatoes 😣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Regarding the common comments.on the mother thread, surely the old classic: "where is Mrs J?" 😂

What was dinner this evening people? I made Thai turkey burgers and we had rice with them as I'd forgotten to buy sweet potatoes 😣
I made a very basic bolognese for lunch as I am on a budget this week. No lorne sausages were harmed in the production.

ETA: found this site for anyone who wants to play Jack Monroe https://www.randomlists.com/food

20200803_201511.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Edinburgh was like the Jack renaissance wasn't it! We were even treated to about three different variations of slop!

Sending you loads of love @Toffee finger, sorry to hear about your Grandad ❤

Inspired by the Nandos chat the other day we're having homemade mushroom and halloumi burgers! Partner is cooking them right now and I am salivating at the thought of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Tea tonight for me was katsu chicken fillets (bought) with Brussels sprouts and carrots I forgot to cook last night and a few broad beans my 8 yr old planted.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Toffee finger hope your grandad is ok!!

@heretoreaditall2019 I’m so sorry you had a stressy hospital but happy that your dr is able to take part - rooting for you and Eaglet xx

The Mother T is kinda fucked really, I think there’s a few discontinued crisps rearing their heads here and twitter and it’s a bit dark? I’m over it. Where’s Mrs J? Has she filed her accounts yet was a particularly gammon flavoured bowl of crisps, no? Old AF. Anyway, I’m having pasta for dinner and garlic bread and I had chips for lunch 😭😭😭😭

has anyone had the pizza flavoured walkers? I’m disappointed in a big way, fraus. You can’t beat the classics.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

We went for a walk by the sea earlier, but before we left Mr A prepared a beef daube and it cooked in the Pressure King Pro while we were out. So we had beef daube with cabbage, mashed swedes and carrots, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and a red wine gravy; it was bloody delicious! I’m very fortunate that Mr A is such a marvellous cook and pretty much does all of the cooking in our house.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is this the little chap who arrived very early? He is lovely xxx
Thank you, lovely. Baby Joe arrived nearly 7 weeks early and will have to have some treatment for his poor little froggy feet but he is thriving. I really do feel for all the women having babies in these awful times x

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Edinburgh was like the Jack renaissance wasn't it! We were even treated to about three different variations of slop!

Sending you loads of love @Toffee finger, sorry to hear about your Grandad ❤

Inspired by the Nandos chat the other day we're having homemade mushroom and halloumi burgers! Partner is cooking them right now and I am salivating at the thought of them!
omg we did fake Nando’s for dinner tonight, too! I’m jealous if yours, though, we did chicken & I still don’t like eating meat (never really have had it?) but have been trying in the lead up for birth (which is now pointless lol)

View attachment 201003This is baby Joe, he's been here for 5 weeks now, @LennyBriscoe. Good luck to @heretoreaditall2019, such a scary time for you but it sounds as if you are getting really good care.
He's so cute omg, congratulations again! I remember because he was due around my dates and that was the first time I clocked they could even come so early!

I've just got off the phone to my midwife who'll be in the section with me so super super relieved now, just going to chill until the event - gonna change my bedding as nothing beats fresh bedding but that's it!

My kindle fraus - where does cute cases please? I folded mine up in a tshirt to take it to hospital today! I'm not gonna bother taking it in my hospital bag as there's no chance I'll be in any fit state to read but realised it's probs a good idea!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@heretoreaditall2019 that's fab you get your midwife in with you. Under our trust in this area we see the community midwives as per usual but they don't come to the hospital for births. Think they possibly attend the home births though.

Reactions: 7
I am soooo broody. Stupid body! We are slaves to our hormones.
It's not stupid at all. I had all three of my babies in my early twenties and was a granny in my forties. You can have a baby if you want to without needing a partner now!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's not stupid at all. I had all three of my babies in my early twenties and was a granny in my forties. You can have a baby if you want to without needing a partner now!
I too had all three of mine in my twenties, although I’m not a grandma yet and don’t expect to be for a good few years hopefully.

Reactions: 5
@heretoreaditall2019 that's fab you get your midwife in with you. Under our trust in this area we see community midwives as per usual but they don't come to the hospital for births. Think they possibly attend home births though.
I've been really lucky with mine and I think she's doing it through choice which is ridiculously kind of her, she is working that day anyway so said she'd come in but said if I start beforehand and get rushed in for an emergency to call her personal phone and she'll still come?! It's a really weird set of circumstances as the surgeon doing it was actually at my ovarian tumour op (loads were cos I was like a medical freak show cos they were so big) and the tit post op diagnosis process that took weeks, she's been my cancer / pregnancy consultant throughout so I actually know her too!! I am ridiculously lucky but also never doing this tit ever again loool

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.