Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Hospital admissions are down 6% week on week, the lowest daily since Jan 4th.
Cases are down 20% again week on week, that’s over a week now of drops of this kind of level.
We’ve got a long way to go and deaths are still sadly high - but also remember the daily death rate in any normal year would be higher in Jan than April so try to bear that in mind. But things ARE slowly improving. I believe the government fearmongering is exactly that and they know they really can’t afford more people becoming complacent at the moment. They also know people won’t stand for being told “just three more weeks” again and it turning in to three more months, so they’re trying to be more realistic about where we’re at. This won’t last forever. Keep your head up people... your record of getting through bad days so far is 100% ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Lucyloulucy

Chatty Member
He just phoned me and we were speaking for an hour. He said he “doesn’t like who I am as a person” and that I “need to go back into therapy” because I’ve stopped as it was only via Zoom. I don’t like that he is using my therapy as a stick to beat me with. He feels like I’ve disrespected him and that he doesn’t want to be with me anymore at this point, which is why he wants a week break to figure out how he feels. Brutal. I told him that if he doesn’t like me as a person then why even ask for a break, why not just call it off completely? I don’t know how you can come back from a comment like that. I have low self esteem at the best of times and it felt like a punch to the chest. Using my therapy as a way to basically call me insane and negate any responsibility feels unfair. I’m sad that he feels I’ve disrespected him. I was fighting for our relationship but I guess I fought too hard.
Honey if a guy “doesn’t like who you are as a person”, do not give him the privilege of a week to decide whether he does or not. The hell does he think he is?? Take control of the situation, your emotions and also being able to move on from this with you head held high and end the relationship. Sorry if my 2 cents aren’t appreciated on this but if you were my friend I’d be telling you in no uncertain terms to get him to fuck.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

leoladyxo

VIP Member
To those who were following my relationship posts. He dumped me by text this afternoon and then blocked me on everything before we could even discuss it. I had some things of his here so I drove round to give them back and hopefully get some closure and nobody would answer the door, so I just left them on the doorstep and went home again. It’s the way he has handled it that is the most messed up part. I’d rather know if this is level of respect for me now than later. I’ve dodged a bullet in that way. What a mess. 🙁

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

openbook1

VIP Member
I just want to say I am really grateful to have this page. There are so many wonderful people. I am currently not working, my husband is very busy WFH so sometimes we don't talk much during the day and it can get quite lonely. I feel less alone on here, as cheesy as it sounds 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
If the vaccine doesn't stop transmission that's it for 2021....

Over the top scare mongering when it is the government who have killed tens of thousands of people and not the behaviour of the public....

The media relaying the government propaganda cannot make anymore clearer that is new normal they have mentioned since last year is permanent.
Its basic gaslighting

We've opened coffee shops to keep the economy turning and so keyworkers can get something, aren't we great! - propaganda poster says buying a coffee kills granny. So it's now your fault.

We've increased the trains so keyworkers can get to work safely, aren't we great! - propaganda poster says covid catches the train too, you're going to kill granny. So now it's your fault

We've given you all eat out to help out vouchers to build the economy and give you freedom, aren't we great! - Boris and Matt tell us that because we've gone out we've killed granny. It's your fault.

We've opened schools because our very clever scientists have said kids don't spread it, aren't we great! - oh, turns out your dirty little kids are quite germy, they've killed granny. It's your fault

We think everyone should be able to meet a mate in the park because fresh air and space is safe - you guessed it! Meeting your mate is now super dangerous and you've killed granny! Your fault!

We think everyone deserves Xmas with family, you'll be fine for one day - nope, because you've followed our rules it's your fault again that you've killed granny!

Its abuse!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member
My best friend called me last night. Her daughter (who is my eldest's best friend) is really struggling with depression. She's 7 years old.

My daughter was the same during the first lockdown, became very withdrawn etc.

I am seriously considering letting the daughter come here for an hour one day.

7 year olds with depression is a very sad sorry state of affairs 😢😢

• Sad

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Happy Monday,

put you kids first, you family first, your own mental health somewhere in there,

if you need to break a rule to survive DO IT!!!!

didn't Cummings make choices for the good of his family.... backed up by government.

have a positive start to the week!
Last week of Jan and then we’re already into February!
Positivity can be infectious, so let’s drag
each other up today 😉

Oh and someone get me coffee, the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

JLXRD

VIP Member
I’ve been trying to not post on this thread as I’m not in a good place, but I’ve been dipping in and out to read.

The tone of everyone’s posts over the last few days really feels different, it’s like we are all experiencing an all time low. It’s very negative and everyone seems very down.

I understand the government need to scare us into behaving and need us to abide by the restrictions right now but it’s getting a bit much, seeing those ads someone posted I feel like I’m not living real life anymore.

If there is hope, they need to put it out there soon. I’m only going off what I see online but it seems mental health is at an all time low and lots are barely coping, or feeling numb. Even those who have coped well so far. It’s very worrying.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I honestly don't know how much more of this I can take. I'm just done with it all. Feeling incredibly low today and struggling to see an end to it all. Missing my family, my mum is terminal and we're unable to be with her and the kids are beginning to really struggle with the thought of no school for months and months and missing their friends. This isn't living, it's just existing

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

LucilleBluth

I REALLY feel for single people... probably the most. How awful being isolated by yourself, and especially if you were hoping to meet someone for the long term.
Yep. I can vouch for this. I turn 36 in a few weeks and I’ve started to feel like it’s stupid to hope that I’ll ever meet someone and be able to have my own family. It just feels like my window of opportunity has shut and there’s no end in sight. That’s a dark feeling.

But, I will say that Tattle has made a huge positive impact to my mental well-being the last few months, as others have said! 🥰 So that’s a massive plus.

• Heart
  • Sad

Bla bla bla yawn

Just been informed I’ll be getting my covid vaccine imminently.. I’m NHS admin with no real patient contact. I queried why I was getting so soon (we only started vaccinating last week) and I had the reply “frontline staff aren’t getting the time off the wards to attend their vaccine appts so we have plenty going spare” 😱😱😱 where is the sense in that?!?!

• Wow
  • Sad

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
I hate life as it is. I hate lockdown. I hate wearing a mask and being looked at as though I’m a serial murderer or something if I get closer than 2m to somebody.

But I’d rather stay in lockdown until Spring if it means that’s the end and no more in and out of lockdown, shake it all about etc.

Reactions: 30

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
“This is a worrying development isn’t it”
anyone else think “honestly no....next 😕

It’s not that I don’t care about the latest updates, I just don’t worry about them anymore,
at this point the death figures don’t even phase me, I’m not scared of catching anything, I’m not scared to go places.

I’m so over it I don’t care anymore.
Is that just me? Am I broken?

(please don’t think I don’t care, I just... don’t dare anymore if that makes sense 😪)

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Gembo

VIP Member
This is the absolute lowest I’ve felt I think this started. That wasn’t a very optimistic briefing was it. I don’t know how much I can take and I feel really guilty saying that because my lockdown is not hard in terms of having children to homeschool, I have no close family I desperately miss, but I just feel so sad and hopeless tonight 🙄😔

I noticed they talked about maybe taking further measures with the borders, why do they always wait. It’s not that I want the borders shut but if things are this bad 🤷🏻‍♀️Fuck all these influencers swanning off to bloody Dubai, their trip is not fucking essential!!!

• Heart

xoxo GG

VIP Member
C15F8312-9222-4D34-BF26-44C204C35198.jpeg

The seven day average of infection has fell 25.3% in one week. The seven day average for hospitalisations has fell for the last eight days. Deaths are always going to be the last thing to follow. More people will die and unfortunately the numbers will increase.

Of course the gov aren’t going to focus on anything positive because they want you to be scared, they want you to feel like this is it for the next year because they want people to follow the rules. They don’t want people to feel like it’s getting better because they think it’s more likely we won’t follow them. The statement that they feel the new variant is more severe is based upon limited data, they have no evidence of increased hospitalisations due to the variant.

Things are beginning to improve. It’s slow and steady but the information they put out there for us are showing changes. It is never going to be immediate.

Turn off the TV, stop consuming yourself with the doom and the gloom. Mute people on here who you feel are detrimental to your mental health or drown every ounce of hope you may have. It’s the best thing you’ll ever do. It’s shit out there, I know that very well, but what I do see day to day is small grains of hope to take, lower admission numbers in my own hospital. There is still a lot to be thankful for and be positive about.

• Heart

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Is anyone else seriously losing social skills? :LOL: I just had a phonecall with my friend, and it was so awkward - kept interrupting each other and I really didn’t have anything interesting to talk about. I feel like a socially awkward teenager again. I’m not even that isolated, I still go to work and mix with people but not many people my age or similar to me... so I’m out of practice. Give me an 85 year old to chat to and I’m fine 😂

• Haha

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Maybe his fucking gland is just swollen after getting the vaccine? Bet she hasn't thought about that. She probably doesn't even know there are glands in your armpit.
No he’s defo being tracked because Bill Gates wants to know what Michael, 84, is up to in and around Bradford 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 28

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I’m in bits this morning. I had a falling out with my boyfriend’s Mum and now my boyfriend wants to take a break. My lockdown just got even more lonely. 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 28

JLXRD

VIP Member
The media speculation at the moment seems worse than ever, they are really running with the fact the government haven’t laid out their plans yet as a way to wildly speculate (particularly in headlines to get clicks).

I feel like stuff like this (in times like this) should be a bit more regulated. Some of it is just irresponsible.

I hope someone somewhere is doing a study on the impact of the media on public mental health at the moment and how negatively it is impacting many of us at this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Skyeball

Chatty Member
I've been offered the vaccine next week!! I'm so relieved.
I'm not telling anyone else about it, the only people I have told, all excited because I don't want to die in my 40s have all got pissed off saying other people need it more.
My mum and dad really want me to have it, but we're openly jealous that they hadn't got it. (Hello, I am your ACTUAL child. And if I cack it you'll be full on raising your grandchildren)
The background of my vaccine offer is that I work in a public service role, partly at home but also mostly outside visits occasionally in groups of over 100 people, trying to scoot out the way to keep to 2m distance.
I have a neurological condition post brain injury, an autoimmune thyroid condition that gave me permanent tachycardia and high BP which I am medicated for, and I have autoimmune arthritis, with periods of time (on and off) high dose steroids to sort it out.
Put those things in an equation with Covid 19 and it adds up to a pair of orphans.
...and no-one who is meant to love me is relieved on my behalf.
This pandemic has brought out some awful reactions in usually lovely people. It's so sad, but I am keeping my relief for myself.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27