Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
One of my best friends is a prison officer and covid is absolutely rife around their prison. The majority of prisoners have it. They locked down the prison (it’s low cat) and it caused riots and the prisoners were kicking off massively. She ended up getting punched trying to get someone in from the exercise yard and it took another prisoner to pull him away from her!! It’s her first year on the job and said it’s been hell. She’s had covid twice, both times from work as she doesn’t go anywhere else due to her high exposure. I do think prisoners should be vaccinated but more for the sake of the prison officers than anything else.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Jamhead

VIP Member
This cannot go on forever, it really can't. To those currently struggling, hold on to that fact 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Now this strain is more deadly I’m even more anxious, as I’m sure many of us are. My daughter went on a bike ride on Monday, she touched 2 public gates despite me saying she had to stay on local roads only but she went on some cycling path. I’m now counting 10 days incase any of us get symptoms after hearing it’s more deadly. We don’t leave the house other than to walk the dogs and prescriptions once a month. This bloody virus has caused anxiety in me that I’ve not experienced before. I wish I hadn’t heard the latest news about this strain 😟
It may be more deadly (or it may not be). But them saying more deadly can mean next to nothing. So for example (bear with me) if you are pregnant and your waters go you are told that the risk of infection to your baby will double after 24 hours. Which sounds terrifying. However the risk of infection in general is tiny so a doubling of that still means a tiny number. Not so scary. Same with this the word more simply means that it is showing some higher risk but the number can still be very small. If that makes sense.

Plus it is still a virus at the end of the day and washing your hands with soap will still kill it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Hopping12

Tonight has been hard my 9 year old daughter is struggling badly :(. I’ve already spoken to the doctors as she’s been suffering from quite severe anxiety, but this evening she’s just broken down crying like literally sobbing.... She has no motivation to do anything at the moment she says all she wants to do is lay in bed :( I’ve tried everything, I’ve never seen her like this. Home life is hard for her ( like a lot of kids at the moment) her sister who is 5 has behavioural problems (waiting for a diagnosis of autism, but again has been pushed further back due to Covid I’m guessing) she misses her nana and grandad and desperately wants to stay with Them she’s gone from seeing everyday before I was furloughed to not seeing them at all.

just don’t know what to do for the best for her at the moment love her little heart.

she went for a little drive with dad to have a break, some fresh air and got a Couple of sweeties and a magazine to try and cheer her up

• Sad
  • Heart

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Just ugly cried on my doorstep after my best friend surprised me with a little visit and a bag full of treats. Didn't know she was coming either. She only stayed a few minutes and stood at the gate but it was just the pick me up I needed

• Heart
I just saw this - bugger off, I am old and have not manged enough yet and have stills lots to do and it might get me soon.♥ We should have been in Spain in Sept/Oct. Goa in India from mid October to 26th Dec. German New Year river cruise from 29th Dec to 5th Jan. A week in York in Jan - then off to Vietnam for TET for 3 months.
Honestly we are mid 70's and this is the first winter we have spent in UK for 20 odd years and it is awful. We are used to being out walking all day in the sunshine but instead we are stuck indoors as I hate the cold, not sleeping well and absolutely pissed off with life.
I'm not surprised you're pissed off. Life is so difficult for everyone. So, some young ones haven't lived yet and are pissed off they are missing out, single people are missing out, people who want to start a family are missing out, those that had children early and have been desperately waiting until retirement to have the freedom to do all the things they always wanted to do, those that brought children up, then were immediately thrown into caring for an elderly relative...

I think what I'm trying to say is that everyone is affected in one way or another. Everyone is missing out on something and it's shit. Really shit.

*I'm not suggesting you were claiming to be the only one affected, just to clarify. More a I understand and isn't it crap kind of vibe.

Reactions: 24

Tots

VIP Member
I’ve been ringing an elderly lady for chats twice a week since April (volunteer scheme but not the nhs one), she’s housebound and she had her vaccine yesterday! So pleased for her as she has carers visit 5 times a week which would put her at risk. She sounded like a new woman today!
She thought all her arthritis pain had gone as a result of having the vaccine? Has anyone read or heard anything similar?!

• Heart
  • Wow

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Whilst they’re throwing money around and letting the national debt rack up with every day in lockdown. I’d really welcome someone with the purse strings to tell me what exactly will be spent and out in place for next winter, in fact the next ten winters, to ensure our NHS isn’t quite so on the brink of collapse. This can’t have come as a huge shock to the government but it’s the one thing they’ve stayed quiet about (shock!) - how much easier this would have been to manage if our NHS was better managed & had more funding in some areas. God knows it’s going to need resources and money thrown with the amount of people waiting for treatment for conditions that will get worse. I’m sick of it being the elephant in the room and nobody’s uttering a word of what the plan is for the precious NHS that we’re all living in misery to save, because soon people are going to think they’d sooner take their chances on a bed IF they need one than live like this. It’s not only our job to save the NHS - it’s the government’s - and their silence on this topic speaks very loudly.

• Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member
We are staying in lockdown for ages aren't we? 😢😢

I can cope with the lockdown, but the thought of homeschooling with no end in sight is frankly killing me

• Sad

Gembo

VIP Member
For those of you that are married/living together how has this impacted the relationship?

I don’t feel I could go through this with another person as I’m constantly having mood swings. I fear there may be a lot of unnecessary breakups during this period.

we are not designed to be cooped up.
Quite honestly I have been and still am a bit worried about my marriage. We’ve had a really rough few years prior to the pandemic (not problems with the marriage but outside things such as both my parents becoming terminally ill at around the same time, bereavment, house moves, a legal issue, a house renovation) and it’s never rocked us once, we’ve always had a super strong marriage. But now we are both at home all day every day and it’s taken it’s toll. Like you my emotions are all over the place, my husband who is always a really happy go lucky optimistic kind of guy is now really low in mood and thoroughly fed up, we live in a really small house and it feels like there’s no getting away from each other in separate rooms, we never argue and shout but we’re both prone to sulking and not talking a lot, there’s nothing to look forward to, nothing to do, TMI but my sex drive has been virtually non existent since my parents died and that has understandably really got to him, it’s all just really difficult and it feels like our marriage isn’t happy anymore.

Last year was supposed to be our year after years of looking after my parents and dealing with lots of other incredibly difficult things. I’m not moaning (or maybe I am🤷🏻‍♀️) but we had something planned for pretty much every month and we had discussed how it was time for us to kind of take control and put as many positive things into our lives as possible to make up for the previous few years. I really feel our relationship would be in a really good place now. I always felt we’d survive anything but I am genuinely worried most days the pandemic will be the thing that breaks us 😔😔😔😔😔

• Heart
  • Sad

Wtf123

Surely if it was SO bad none of the members of parliament would actually be in work everyday? Can’t they work from home and hold meetings on zoom like the rest of us have to?
None of them wear masks inside the Houses of Parliament and there’s really no need for the 3 of them to stand in a room with cameras and other staff!!
The vaccine is seemingly nowhere near the golden ticket they insinuated it would be.
They just keep building us and knocking us down again. It’s actually starting to feel like we’re being gaslighted.
The idea of being locked down and forced to keep our children out of school 2 years ago would have been deemed as outrageous and unthinkable. Yet look at where we are, not even flinching at the thought of us being locked down a year on.
The damage this is doing to the economy, relationships, mental health, education and fod knows what else is criminal.
How far will they push us? How far will they go? When will this actually end?

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Bloody love JVT (I think he might be my favourite CMO). I love how he peers over his glasses and that he has to stand on a box at the briefings

• Haha
  • Heart

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I just feel sad tonight. I've mentioned before about my mum been really ill and I just feel like I'm missing out on making these final memories with her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
What occurred to me is that we are following the science with regards to keeping us locked down, but we are ignoring the science by choosing to delay the second dose of vaccine. We either follow the science or we don’t. We can’t use it just to suit our agenda.

Reactions: 23

Jamhead

VIP Member
I can't see school's heading back in March, definitely don't think it will be this side of Easter.
There are too many people taking the piss this time around and hospitals are too far in the shit. Last time it was March/April when the pressure was at it's worst, the end of the nhs winter pressures, this time around we're slap bang in the middle of it.

Home learning this time around is literally like being a 1-1 TA, well with young children who cannot do the work independently. We have a full day, from 8.30-3.15 of teams meetings, my 5 year old has 6 teams meeting, 3 of those are live lesson starters, then he has an alloted amount of time to complete the set taskS and I put a big S because it's never just one thing. ALWAYS multiple things, like us parents are just sat around, twiddling our thumbs. My Year 2 child has 7 teams meetings a day and 4 live lesson starters, both need me to sit with them and keep them on task. I have to sit the night before and go through all their lessons, writing out everything that needs to be done, otherwise we fall so far behind we're still working to catch up at 6pm! It's absolutely draining me of every last bit of mental strength I have. I've had a constant headache since Friday.
Also why is learning just so god damn boring now, why are they spending 12 days on the most boring shitting story ever for English? Don't we want our children to enjoy English at 7, not be bored half to death with it. I just can't muster any enthusiasm for it.
I know why they have to be at home, I don't disagree with it but if this goes on into April then I'm not partaking in it. The school have said they have to be doing this much, their hands are tied. Lovely, brilliant, perfect. Happy fucking Sunday 🥴

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

malolo

VIP Member
I think there are a lot of things to consider when it comes to prison vaccinations.

Social distancing must be near impossible in that situation so an outbreak would be hard to contain. You've then got a potential outbreak infecting staff or having them off isolating which makes staffing issues a problem.

Then there's the logistics of having prisoners needing to be hospitalised. They would need to be guarded round the clock which means having officers in a more vulnerable place for catching it and takes staffing away from the prison. Not to mention the potential for escape if they were that way inclined and were able to at some point.

It might not be a popular thing to do but the bigger picture makes sense.

Reactions: 22