Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just want to say I am really grateful to have this page. There are so many wonderful people. I am currently not working, my husband is very busy WFH so sometimes we don't talk much during the day and it can get quite lonely. I feel less alone on here, as cheesy as it sounds 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 34
This page is a lifesaver. It’s hard to catch real
People in the same mood as you in the real world

Reactions: 21
I just want to say I am really grateful to have this page. There are so many wonderful people. I am currently not working, my husband is very busy WFH so sometimes we don't talk much during the day and it can get quite lonely. I feel less alone on here, as cheesy as it sounds 🥺
I feel the same too! I don’t post often but always keep up with the threads. We are in it together! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If adverts like this come on I will just mute or switch it over. I really don’t want my children having to see it, it’s hard enough for them as it is. Maybe a picture of himself in ICU is what Boris needs to be showing us.
they’re very disturbing.
apparently we’re not worried about the rising cases of anxiety in adults and children this week 🤷‍♀️

I’m just here for the snacks and tit irish posts 😕

Reactions: 6
I wonder why these communities aren’t being called out for their actions more. I’ve seen several stories where other religions have had mass gatherings and they have been photographed shamed etc but why is this hardly publicised when this culture are doing exactly the same thing.
I took my grandsons to Chessington in October for the younger ones 14th birthday treat. For the 1st time since COVID appeared I was frightened for my health. Chessington had taken a booking for a 500 group of Jewish people to celebrate one of their religious holidays. Social distancing went out of the wind that day. Every time I sat down a family would come and sit right next to me. When I mentioned social distancing they looked at me as if I was threatening them. We ended going back to the hotel. I did Compton customer services and they told me there's nothing they could do unless I got their names. They also said they had social distancing marshalls which I did see on my way out. I had checked before I went on how Chessington was handling social distancing and I felt safe enough to go. Unfortunately, I didn't check the Jewish holiday dated. This reads as being against the Jewish religion but it's 100 % not.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
fully believe the NHS/HSE staff are working themselves to the bone,
but this all feels so forced, everything about it feels forced right now and i do think its having the opposite effect to what it’s designed to do,
My ITU are struggling more with lack of staff this time (as very few caught covid during the 1st waves) rather than so far being overwhelmed with critically ill patients, though they are increasing daily and the staff that are on shift are exhausted and mentally drained 😩

Reactions: 5
I took my grandsons to Chessington in October for the younger ones 14th birthday treat. For the 1st time since COVID appeared I was frightened for my health. Chessington had taken a booking for a 500 group of Jewish people to celebrate one of their religious holidays. Social distancing went out of the wind that day. Every time I sat down a family would come and sit right next to me. When I mentioned social distancing they looked at me as if I was threatening them. We ended going back to the hotel. I did Compton customer services and they told me there's nothing they could do unless I got their names. They also said they had social distancing marshalls which I did see on my way out. I had checked before I went on how Chessington was handling social distancing and I felt safe enough to go. Unfortunately, I didn't check the Jewish holiday dated. This reads as being against the Jewish religion but it's 100 % not.
There was a similar issue with Hutterite people here early in the pandemic. They would refuse to wear masks, not distance and not really believe in covid. They are deeply religious communities and live in rural areas. It took a lot of education for them to get the seriousness of it. They complained that people were stereotyping them but that wasn't the case.

Reactions: 1
our ITU are struggling more with lack of staff this time rather than so far being overwhelmed with patients and the staff that are on shift are exhausted 😩
My ITU are struggling more with lack of staff this time (as very few caught covid during the 1st waves) rather than so far being overwhelmed with critically ill patients, though they are increasing daily and the staff that are on shift are exhausted and mentally drained 😩
interesting to see it reported last week that there are a lot of staff on leave due to not having childcare, and also being a close contact of a case.

Reactions: 2
I can definitely relate to feeling crappy now. I feel very lucky as I've coped really well throughout. I'm not a very social person anyway and I like the comfort of my own home. In that sense, I'm fine, but the constant news of new strains and the uncertainty is just exhausting. It just feels constant at the minute and with the uncertainty of the vaccine with spreading and new strains and all that tit. It's not that it feels never ending cause there will be an ending but I hate the limbo of it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Did they quantify how much deadlier the new strains appear to be?
I think they said if you were 60 years old with the old strain you had 10 in 1000 chance of dying. Same person new variant 13 in 1000

Reactions: 1
Older people are lucky in that sense, as they have managed to do so much already. lol.
Or you could say the opposite they don't have long left compared to us and they are spending their last few years locked inside alone. At least we have everything to look forward to

Reactions: 12
Surely if it was SO bad none of the members of parliament would actually be in work everyday? Can’t they work from home and hold meetings on zoom like the rest of us have to?
None of them wear masks inside the Houses of Parliament and there’s really no need for the 3 of them to stand in a room with cameras and other staff!!
The vaccine is seemingly nowhere near the golden ticket they insinuated it would be.
They just keep building us and knocking us down again. It’s actually starting to feel like we’re being gaslighted.
The idea of being locked down and forced to keep our children out of school 2 years ago would have been deemed as outrageous and unthinkable. Yet look at where we are, not even flinching at the thought of us being locked down a year on.
The damage this is doing to the economy, relationships, mental health, education and fod knows what else is criminal.
How far will they push us? How far will they go? When will this actually end?

Reactions: 24
C15F8312-9222-4D34-BF26-44C204C35198.jpeg

The seven day average of infection has fell 25.3% in one week. The seven day average for hospitalisations has fell for the last eight days. Deaths are always going to be the last thing to follow. More people will die and unfortunately the numbers will increase.

Of course the gov aren’t going to focus on anything positive because they want you to be scared, they want you to feel like this is it for the next year because they want people to follow the rules. They don’t want people to feel like it’s getting better because they think it’s more likely we won’t follow them. The statement that they feel the new variant is more severe is based upon limited data, they have no evidence of increased hospitalisations due to the variant.

Things are beginning to improve. It’s slow and steady but the information they put out there for us are showing changes. It is never going to be immediate.

Turn off the TV, stop consuming yourself with the doom and the gloom. Mute people on here who you feel are detrimental to your mental health or drown every ounce of hope you may have. It’s the best thing you’ll ever do. It’s tit out there, I know that very well, but what I do see day to day is small grains of hope to take, lower admission numbers in my own hospital. There is still a lot to be thankful for and be positive about.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I feel so anxious after tonight's briefing stupidity thought it would be so much better by the spring now it's just one step forward 10 back 😢 the unknown is the worst

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve been trying to not post on this thread as I’m not in a good place, but I’ve been dipping in and out to read.

The tone of everyone’s posts over the last few days really feels different, it’s like we are all experiencing an all time low. It’s very negative and everyone seems very down.

I understand the government need to scare us into behaving and need us to abide by the restrictions right now but it’s getting a bit much, seeing those ads someone posted I feel like I’m not living real life anymore.

If there is hope, they need to put it out there soon. I’m only going off what I see online but it seems mental health is at an all time low and lots are barely coping, or feeling numb. Even those who have coped well so far. It’s very worrying.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.