Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Will you book to go abroad this year?

• No, I'm not going away in 2021

Votes: 192 37.2%
  • Yes, But in the second half of the year!

Votes: 67 13.0%
  • Yes, I’m booking for the summer!

Votes: 34 6.6%
  • Not sure yet.

Votes: 99 19.2%
  • I’m planning to keep within the UK (my own country)

Votes: 164 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread.
continue here!

love to all!
Bright side!
It’s nearly the weekend, so many extra hours to do absolutely nothing and go absolutely nowhere 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just been informed I’ll be getting my covid vaccine imminently.. I’m NHS admin with no real patient contact. I queried why I was getting so soon (we only started vaccinating last week) and I had the reply “frontline staff aren’t getting the time off the wards to attend their vaccine appts so we have plenty going spare” 😱😱😱 where is the sense in that?!?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Just been informed I’ll be getting my covid vaccine imminently.. I’m NHS admin with no real patient contact. I queried why I was getting so soon (we only started vaccinating last week) and I had the reply “frontline staff aren’t getting the time off the wards to attend their vaccine appts so we have plenty going spare” 😱😱😱 where is the sense in that?!?!
They’ve decided to do this in NI as well

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Probably more sense then having to throw doses away. But they really need to support their staff getting the vaccine. Our trust have done things like free parking etc as an I centive for us to go in on our time off.

Reactions: 13
Probably more sense then having to throw doses away. But they really need to support their staff getting the vaccine. Our trust have done things like free parking etc as an I centive for us to go in on our time off.
Have they said how long you will wait for second dose?

I don’t understand why the vaccine isn’t delivered on the actual ward, the way we do with the flu vaccines. So it is accessible
to everyone who wants it on shift. It’s currently being delivered in a seminar room off site so there won’t be any freezers there.

Reactions: 9
Thats crazy. Surely most staff are on shifts. They should have vaccinators based nearby during the end of shift times so staff can leave their shifts, get their jabs and leave on a booking system. I'm not sure if that's logical as I don't work in NHS but it seems fine in my head lol

Reactions: 9
Thats crazy. Surely most staff are on shifts. They should have vaccinators based nearby during the end of shift times so staff can leave their shifts, get their jabs and leave on a booking system. I'm not sure if that's logical as I don't work in NHS but it seems fine in my head lol
exactly! That’s what we usually do for the annual flu vaccines.

Reactions: 2
We've reduced footfall into the wards as much as possible so people arent going from ward to ward to ward.

Reactions: 5
We've reduced footfall into the wards as much as possible so people arent going from ward to ward to ward.
So have we. All staff now need to wear full PPE in any of the hospital areas. So if I decided to buy a bag of Skips for my lunch (don’t judge) I now need apron mask visor. But we still have visiting and f2f clinics running!! Mind boggling.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
So have we. All staff now need to wear full PPE in any of the hospital areas. So if I decided to buy a bag of Skips for my lunch (don’t judge) I now need apron mask visor. But we still have visiting and f2f clinics running!! Mind boggling.
Jeez you working in England
Your trust sounds backwards

Reactions: 1
Surely that’s a waste of PPE?

My friend is NHS admin (she’s currently on maternity leave) and she had hers a few weeks ago. Crazy how it varies in each trust.

Reactions: 5
That’s mad! We just need mask in communal areas, only full PPE on the wards if in contact with patients

Surely that’s a waste of PPE?
It’s obviously not a waste if it keeps us and others safe, but if that’s the case why has it been implemented this week, 10 months in to the UK pandemic?
Problem with the NHS is, most of the big decisions are made by managers who are not clinical.

Reactions: 4
It’s obviously not a waste if it keeps us and others safe, but if that’s the case why has it been implemented this week, 10 months in to the UK pandemic?
Problem with the NHS is, most of the big decisions are made by managers who are not clinical.
I just think it’s wasteful to wear full PPE to pop to the shop! My trust and most others is just a mask.

We only have to wear full ppe when we are with a woman, but have to wear a maskvat all times. We have to get fully suited up if we go onto the NNU though.

I just think it’s wasteful to wear full PPE to pop to the shop! My trust and most others is just a mask.
We’ve all said we won’t be leaving the dept now unless unavoidable. Except one lady, let’s call her Shirley, who goes to WHSmiths every day to buy the Daily Mail.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.