Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re school work. My 11 year old has about 8 pieces of work a day on teams, zero input from the teachers. They are glued to computers all day long to get it done and I hate it.
School posts photos of the kids who are in and they’re baking, cooking and making things 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: 8
My 9 year old is on zooms for 9:15 for maths has a break then back on at 10:30 for English lunch break and then back on at 1- 2 for topic (either art, history or pshe) to be honest her teacher is lovely and the routine is really helping her during the week. And then we usually go for a walk after.

my youngest it’s all work sheet based (she’s in reception) and it’s soooo bloody hard. I’ve said numerous times on here we have a lot of problems with her so her having the attention span to sit down and fill in worksheet without her getting frustrated or distracted is just short of a miracle.
To make matters worse a message on tapestry to parents saying they are judging attendance on the work submitted on there.... these kids are 4 and 5!

You're allowed an informal childcare bubble there's influencers do it ,the kids are allowed to stay overnight with grandparents it's allowed as long as they keep to one bubble and not have any other grandkids to stay ...Doesn’t say you have to be working it’s just childcare https://www.gov.uk/guidance/making-a-childcare-bubble-with-another-household
thankyou so much! I did not know this. I will mention this to them tomorrow.

my Younger sister still lives at home and mentioned earlier she wishes they could come and stay as she’s really suffering too. So I think they will all be over the moon to hear this I think

Last edited:
I’m just going to be honest here and say they are giving the vaccine to the wrong groups first. Our children are suffering drastically with no end in sight, getting them back to school should be the number one priority. My daughter has looked depressed all week.
Absolutely agree. It is heartbreaking to think how much disruption children are facing not being in school, and then the in and out of bubbles popping.

Reactions: 4
I just can't help but think things must be really bad if not even Easter is the case.
Considering how adamant all 4 nations were about keeping school open so much so that during ni circuit break/ Welsh firebreak and November English mockdown they were kept open.
How do school go from totally safe Friday and Sunday to closed on Monday but they still safe.
As parent its wrong to have our borders open while school are shut.
Its a obvious measure to take as we all done our bit and paid the price.
People holidaying and spending money in uk is better for our economy.

Reactions: 9
I absolutely think that it will. It did last year (I remember your boyf went to Corfu?)

Pros - vaccine, the drugs they've discovered that help (dext.....).

Cons - new varients (but there's apparently hundreds of these)
No Corfu from me! Our holiday last summer was Benicassim festival in spain so that was obviously cancelled, then Malta in December which was cancelled.
I know the vaccine is a massive plus but I’m worried about them saying it is needed to travel when we will both be one of the last to get it (wary 20s and no health conditions). I also don’t want to go away if I have to wear a mask in a hot country, I can only just deal with it here🤣

Reactions: 1
Happy Monday,

put you kids first, you family first, your own mental health somewhere in there,

if you need to break a rule to survive DO IT!!!!

didn't Cummings make choices for the good of his family.... backed up by government.

have a positive start to the week!
Last week of Jan and then we’re already into February!
Positivity can be infectious, so let’s drag
each other up today 😉

Oh and someone get me coffee, the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
As long as case numbers are down and how many people are in the hospitals I don’t see why schools can’t reopen after Feb half term on a phased basis like last year but keep everything else closed until Easter maybe. They said come February half term 15 million people will have been vaccinated so surely the very most vulnerable will have some protection. I understand their are other factors and maybe I’m just hoping too much as I want my kids back to school.

Reactions: 6
So if they bring in Aussie style quarentine hotels, who would still go abroad on holiday? Extra expense, extra time off work, I'm guessing very few !!
Influencers will be unaffected, obvs!!😜

Reactions: 3
Or don’t reopen schools yet and allow children to bubble up with a friend in the interim?

Reactions: 3
So if they bring in Aussie style quarentine hotels, who would still go abroad on holiday? Extra expense, extra time off work, I'm guessing very few !!
Influencers will be unaffected, obvs!!😜
This is the situation with Thailand - my friend told me this last week as they live there at the moment
Screenshot_20210125_075823.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Seeing the news about the raves in london has really pissed me off this morning. Selfish pricks the lot of them.

Tonight has been hard my 9 year old daughter is struggling badly :(. I’ve already spoken to the doctors as she’s been suffering from quite severe anxiety, but this evening she’s just broken down crying like literally sobbing.... She has no motivation to do anything at the moment she says all she wants to do is lay in bed :( I’ve tried everything, I’ve never seen her like this. Home life is hard for her ( like a lot of kids at the moment) her sister who is 5 has behavioural problems (waiting for a diagnosis of autism, but again has been pushed further back due to Covid I’m guessing) she misses her nana and grandad and desperately wants to stay with Them she’s gone from seeing everyday before I was furloughed to not seeing them at all.

just don’t know what to do for the best for her at the moment love her little heart.

she went for a little drive with dad to have a break, some fresh air and got a Couple of sweeties and a magazine to try and cheer her up
My 17yr old daughter suffers very badly with her mental health, like the worst you can imagine.
We don't have a support network, my dad lives far away and my mum passed away 16yrs ago, so its just friends and her boyfriend that can help me pull her through with things to look forward too and live for.

My advice to you is to firstly talk to your daughter and try and find out what it is thats really upsetting her.. she might not know though, so don't put too much pressure on her. If your mum instincts say something isn't right then ring your GP and ask to speak to a doctor who is best in mental health. That way you as a mum has support as well, it's really helped me!

Then I would do what you feel is right. I've had to weigh up the risk of covid with the risk of my daughter keeping herself safe.
So people can shoot me down, I don't care, but I've allowed her to see one friend who lives very locally and her boyfriend. If I didn't then her MH is that bad that she probably wouldn't be here. Your daughter isn't like mine, so don't worry.. my point is that having something to look forward to helps in a few ways.. First, you can bargain motivation with seeing a friend/relative - so do 1hr of school work and you can see whoever later. Second you have given her something to look forward too, meaning she has a purpose and that will help motivation.
Obviously the decision is yours, but baring in mind that she's only 9 means you can control how any meetings happen and keep hand hygiene up ect.

I really do wish you all the luck, this is heartbreaking to watch our young people x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is the situation with Thailand - my friend told me this last week as they live there at the moment View attachment 401448
My friends dad lives there and said exactly the same. He hasn’t been back to the UK for over a year because of this as he doesn’t want to stay nor pay for the quarantine hotel on his return.

Reactions: 2
Or don’t reopen schools yet and allow children to bubble up with a friend in the interim?

But a family with 3 kids each bubbled up with a different child from a different family means 4 families already....perhaps a better approach would be as in Scotland where kids under 12 can mix outside?

Reactions: 5
But a family with 3 kids each bubbled up with a different child from a different family means 4 families already....perhaps a better approach would be as in Scotland where kids under 12 can mix outside?
My two are 12 and 14 and struggling massively with not seeing their friends. I dread to think what their mental state will be by the end of this. I don't know what the answer is but we can't carry on like this for much longer.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.