Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, we’re not going to split up or anything like that. We’re just struggling with having to adopt different roles. He worked before the pandemic, and I looked after the children at home. Now I’m the breadwinner and he’s at home with the children juggling homeschooling and all of that stuff he isn’t used to. I feel immense guilt at leaving my kids to go to work full time right at the pandemic when all I want is to be with them (I’m better at being hands on and doing all the home learning and fun activities). If only I’d known there would be a pandemic, I wouldn’t have gone back to work. OH hates that he isn’t in steady work at the moment. Add to that, not getting enough time alone together, having nothing interesting to look forward to and nowhere to go, mental health issues...

It’s been a real treat. 🙄 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Nothing much to add but I couldn’t scroll past without saying how crappy that is - I hope you’re ok. Stick a film on or go for a walk and listen to a podcast. He will come to his senses soon enough I should hope x
He just phoned me and we were speaking for an hour. He said he “doesn’t like who I am as a person” and that I “need to go back into therapy” because I’ve stopped as it was only via Zoom. I don’t like that he is using my therapy as a stick to beat me with. He feels like I’ve disrespected him and that he doesn’t want to be with me anymore at this point, which is why he wants a week break to figure out how he feels. Brutal. I told him that if he doesn’t like me as a person then why even ask for a break, why not just call it off completely? I don’t know how you can come back from a comment like that. I have low self esteem at the best of times and it felt like a punch to the chest. Using my therapy as a way to basically call me insane and negate any responsibility feels unfair. I’m sad that he feels I’ve disrespected him. I was fighting for our relationship but I guess I fought too hard.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Now this strain is more deadly I’m even more anxious, as I’m sure many of us are. My daughter went on a bike ride on Monday, she touched 2 public gates despite me saying she had to stay on local roads only but she went on some cycling path. I’m now counting 10 days incase any of us get symptoms after hearing it’s more deadly. We don’t leave the house other than to walk the dogs and prescriptions once a month. This bloody virus has caused anxiety in me that I’ve not experienced before. I wish I hadn’t heard the latest news about this strain 😟
I am like this. My husband is sick of it. He's not taking in the take away from the delivery person and refusing to wash his hands to prove a point to me...making me feel even more on edge.

Finally caught up. I'll be honest I don't get the scaremongering thing. I think if anything the truth of what's happening in the hospitals hasn't been reflected that much at all. This week has seen my hospital increase its icu capacity again closing down wards and moving staff from other specialities. In our little bubble we have seen more and more unwell covid women which is putting more pressure on all the other maternity depts and will impact on care. More people are very unwell and more are dying. So I don't get scared by the media as much because they seem to paint it better then it really is at times. I'm glad the hospitals are finally allowing the press in to show what is actually happening.
Can I ask what the process is for a mum to be who's in labour and tests positive? Do you all put PPE on and carry on helping her labour/birth? Or is it recommended that she has a section and then goes onto covid ward?

I'm just curious about the process

• Sad
Reactions: 3
It's easy to get anxious about it (I was very unwell last year as a result of anxiety and ocd around the virus) but I really find putting things into a context helps. I had a meltdown over my son bringing back stones after a walk with his dad last April (anything outside was contaminated with the virus in my head, but the chances of him catching the virus actually was ridiculously small and practically non existant after washing his hands. I did zoflora the stones though 😆

Boris doesn't want to be the bad guy (ironically enough because he's a complete c*nt). I never thought I'd admire Sturgeon but as a leader she has been miles ahead of Boris. I know Boris is a low bar but still.
Haha I’d have done the same. My daughter wore gloves on her bike ride but she would have touched her face, our doors etc when she came in so I was paranoid she had it on her gloves after touching public footpath gates and she would have caught it. It’s been on my mind all week.

I am like this. My husband is sick of it. He's not taking in the take away from the delivery person and refusing to wash his hands to prove a point to me...making me feel even more on edge.

Can I ask what the process is for a mum to be who's in labour and tests positive? Do you all put PPE on and carry on helping her labour/birth? Or is it recommended that she has a section and then goes onto covid ward?

I know that one, my eldest has done that with takeaways and said I’m too overly worried. She even drank straight out of the can the driver delivered too. I’m a bag of nerves with these kids 😀

I also feel like now places like the dentist and vets are opening up for routine things , they seem to expect us to jump at the chance to go for an appointment now they have decided they are up and running again, and have clicked their fingers for us , so to speak.
My daughter had an eye test reminder yesterday. Absolutely not.

Reactions: 1
He just phoned me and we were speaking for an hour. He said he “doesn’t like who I am as a person” and that I “need to go back into therapy” because I’ve stopped as it was only via Zoom. I don’t like that he is using my therapy as a stick to beat me with. He feels like I’ve disrespected him and that he doesn’t want to be with me anymore at this point, which is why he wants a week break to figure out how he feels. Brutal. I told him that if he doesn’t like me as a person then why even ask for a break, why not just call it off completely? I don’t know how you can come back from a comment like that. I have low self esteem at the best of times and it felt like a punch to the chest. Using my therapy as a way to basically call me insane and negate any responsibility feels unfair. I’m sad that he feels I’ve disrespected him. I was fighting for our relationship but I guess I fought too hard.
Honey if a guy “doesn’t like who you are as a person”, do not give him the privilege of a week to decide whether he does or not. The hell does he think he is?? Take control of the situation, your emotions and also being able to move on from this with you head held high and end the relationship. Sorry if my 2 cents aren’t appreciated on this but if you were my friend I’d be telling you in no uncertain terms to get him to duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Anyone doing anything exciting today?

Thought I'd do a spot of housework, read the paper, tax myself with a couple of crosswords, watch some TV, then order a takeaway and open a bottle of wine. Just living it up. Hey ho.
That sounds like an awesome day!! Have fun!

Reactions: 1
For those of you that are married/living together how has this impacted the relationship?

I don’t feel I could go through this with another person as I’m constantly having mood swings. I fear there may be a lot of unnecessary breakups during this period.

we are not designed to be cooped up.
My husband seems to think it's inevitable if one of us gets covid, we both will. The other day I caught him sneezing and not covering his face . I called him out on it and he said the sneeze took him by surprise and his hands were full ! ( to me that sums up how/ why viruses spread).

I'm pleased he goes out to work . In all honesty I find it hard having my teenager at home all the time too .
Our house is too small and doesn't have plenty rooms .

• Sad
Reactions: 4
For those of you that are married/living together how has this impacted the relationship?

I don’t feel I could go through this with another person as I’m constantly having mood swings. I fear there may be a lot of unnecessary breakups during this period.

It’s been tough. My partner usually works away over the winter but was sent home last March early and hasn’t gone at all this winter so we’ve spent waaayyy more time with each other than we normally would. We’ve had a fair few fights, we only have a one bedroom house and we’re constantly in each other’s space. But we’ve had some positives come out of it too and have had some good times so it’s just been a bit of a mix. I really miss having human connections with someone else though, and also just having a bit of time to myself.

Reactions: 4
I wasn’t living with my partner but we were initially bubbled but found after the initial lockdown and the pressures of isolation we grew apart and we split up after almost 4 years together. We’ve kind of remained friends since the split in November and still speak (we work together so have had to keep it civil really). I then had a isolation period and bubbled with my mum which has helped my MH.

Just going to keep following the rules, not panicking about the headlines and hope things change for the better towards the autumn once most of the country have been vaccinated.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

If she's well enough then it's labour as normal. The risks of a section would be the same as a negative woman. She will just go into the red ward for antenatal and postnatal care. Then she will go home as normal. We wear ppe for everyone no matter what, the only difference is that we would don ffp mask etc for aerosol generating procedures such as resus or if the woman required a general anaesthetic for section etc.

If a mum tests covid positive at any point in pregnancy she does automatically become high risk and we need to provide a low molecular weight heparin to reduce the risk of venous thrombosis, and we are also providing them with a Sats monitor in case of silent hypoxia. They get a daily phonecall whilst they are positve to check they are well. We have had to care for some who have required oxygen but the only time we need to intervene and birth baby early with a section is of the mother's health is of real concern.

Postnatally if a mum is covid positive and not unwell (doesn't need treatment) we don't separate mum and baby, we encourage breastfeeding and the use of masks when feeding if coughing or sneezing etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Honey if a guy “doesn’t like who you are as a person”, do not give him the privilege of a week to decide whether he does or not. The hell does he think he is?? Take control of the situation, your emotions and also being able to move on from this with you head held high and end the relationship. Sorry if my 2 cents aren’t appreciated on this but if you were my friend I’d be telling you in no uncertain terms to get him to duck.
This is where my head is at as well. That isn’t a comment that you can come back from easily.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is where my head is at as well. That isn’t a comment that you can come back from easily.
Sorry to hear this I’ve seen you posting and it was clear that you really cherished your relationship. Could he have meant more he didn’t like how you’ve acted with his mum in this circumstance?

sad to see so many people struggling at the moment, it’s just so sad feels like things never going to get better. I just hope the vaccine wasn’t all for nothing with the new strains and pray for some summer normality!

Reactions: 3
Thank you, and to Renata above. We haven’t talked about it much recently but I think we need to. I’ve really felt a distance from him lately and feel a bit scared in case I try to talk and he tells me he doesn’t want to be with me anymore. I’m probably being silly. But I did think this week that now this lockdown is looking like it’s going to last a lot longer we may need to make some plans of what we can do to make things feel easier, maybe even look at changing things in the house.

We live in a 2 bed and he uses the lounge as an office. He’s on calls most of the day so I feel like I’m stuck in the bedroom because if I go in the lounge I can’t have the tv on or make a noise so I just end up spending the day sat on the bed and I don’t think that’s doing me a lot of good. I do exercise most days for around an hour so I’m not on the bed all day but I do feel like I have to be quiet a lot. Others have it much worse so I’m not complaining, I dont feel like I mind it that much but I do realise it probably gets me down more than I realise and that if this is going to last longer some changes might need to be made. He could maybe set up in the spare room, I think it’s just when this all started we thought it would only be a few weeks so it seemed fine as it was but as it goes on and on maybe it’s time to rethink.
it’s sounds like a very stressful and limiting situation to be in. Maybe a ch age around would be good- I would go insane stuck in the bedroom for most of the day.

I understand that fears that having a big conversation as 8 call it can bring, it’s always vulnerable and risky, but often very good at clearing things or knowing where you stand.
Have you ever read or listened to Brene Brown? She a personal hero of mine and always helps me when I feel stuck.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

We have been OK, I’m actually surprised because we are quite independent and have separate hobbies so don’t spend all of our time together outside of work pre lockdown.

It has probably brought us closer, we are both good at recognising when the other is having a bad day and will spend time in the other room (1 bed flat so one in bedroom and one in the living room 🤣).

We don’t have children though and I do think that if we did it may not have been quite as harmonious!

Reactions: 2
Feeling a lot more positive today after my miserable day yesterday. Took myself out on a walk and walked for over an hour through the forest near my house and it really helped. I realised half way through the walk that one day this whole thing would be something I tell my grandkids about like my nan does with me about the war. Decided from now on I'm just going to live day by day and do what I can to make myself feel good, long walks, lots of veg, lots of water etc and just take it as it comes.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Another day, another.... “meh”
**turns attention to what to have for lunch**

“The company was expected to deliver to the 27 EU countries about 80m doses by the end of March but informed the EU of the reduction to 31m doses on Friday, the official, who was involved in the talks, said.
The company had also agreed to deliver more than 80m doses in the second quarter, but on Friday was not able to indicate delivery targets for the April-June period due to the production issues.
The issues were blamed on production problems”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.