Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a theory, someone shoot me down if I’m wrong but... how little confidence there seems to be in the vaccines, despite the entire country, and the world putting so much resource into it makes me wonder if they do know that it will stop the spread but want everyone to follow the restrictions. Because throughout the pandemic, the young have been told to protect the old and vulnerable by following the rules. If the vulnerable and old are then vaccinated first and told that they’re then free to go about their lives as normal, it’s those who are less likely to be seriously ill or die from covid that have had the restrictions for the longest. I wonder if we’re being given as little positive information as possible to try and keep everyone compliant. Just a thought.

Reactions: 18
Bloody love JVT (I think he might be my favourite CMO). I love how he peers over his glasses and that he has to stand on a box at the briefings

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
My boyfriend just text me and asked if I think we’ll have any chance of a holiday this year 🥺 don’t think that’ll be happening. Feel like my early 20s are just being taken from me😭 so over it all now :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
My boyfriend just text me and asked if I think we’ll have any chance of a holiday this year 🥺 don’t think that’ll be happening. Feel like my early 20s are just being taken from me😭 so over it all now :(
Holiday to where and roughly what time of year was he thinking? Unless you want to go to Australia next week you will be fine in my totally non scientific experience.

Reactions: 7
Yobs in Netherlands, have burnt the testing centre to the ground. Those protesting against the lockdown, do they not realise that the lockdowns will continue.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I'm not hopeful for my May holiday but I'm keeping things crossed for August. If not we will holiday in the UK again, we had an amazing time last year.

Reactions: 12
Holiday to where and roughly what time of year was he thinking? Unless you want to go to Australia next week you will be fine in my totally non scientific experience.
He’s hoping for a summer holiday but even if borders are open I can’t stand the thought of a holiday having to wear masks etc. If I go on holiday I want to go without having to think about restrictions where I am😩 plus I think prices will just go through the roof! But we will see, if we can get away then it’d be great but after us having 4 holidays (3 abroad, 1 UK) cancelled last year I don’t want to get my hopes up again!

Reactions: 3
We moved our july holiday to next october. Im not taking the risk of waiting all year and it being cancelled.

Reactions: 2
We moved our july holiday to next october. Im not taking the risk of waiting all year and it being cancelled.
I’ve said there could be potential for a winter holiday, just not a summer one until next year! Maybe a city break or something round November time. It’s so disappointing when they get cancelled and such a faff getting money back so I’m the same and would rather wait until a time I know for sure I can go!

Reactions: 5
Just a theory, someone shoot me down if I’m wrong but... how little confidence there seems to be in the vaccines, despite the entire country, and the world putting so much resource into it makes me wonder if they do know that it will stop the spread but want everyone to follow the restrictions. Because throughout the pandemic, the young have been told to protect the old and vulnerable by following the rules. If the vulnerable and old are then vaccinated first and told that they’re then free to go about their lives as normal, it’s those who are less likely to be seriously ill or die from covid that have had the restrictions for the longest. I wonder if we’re being given as little positive information as possible to try and keep everyone compliant. Just a thought.
I definitely can see this. The vaccine plan seems to be going better than expected here, but the biggest message seems to be all about compliance and toughening police fines ect. It’s like their not being positive because they don’t want people to stop complying, maybe because the nhs is so under pressure and they can’t risk it getting worse ? I’m not sure

Reactions: 7
In my area of Scotland we are suppressed so having between 0-2 cases a week! I’m feeling slightly better about going my weekly shop as it had got to the point I was frightened to step foot over my front door!

Reactions: 6
I think early March for kids back to school, have done since the beginning. To be honest large swathes of the country could go back after Feb half term the way rates are but London/SE/Liverpool etc can’t and I disagree with regional openings, it’s should be national.

Reactions: 10
I think a summer holiday is totally off the cards. I think by autumn/winter things might be more hopeful as everyone should have, in theory, been vaccinated.

Reactions: 1
The media speculation at the moment seems worse than ever, they are really running with the fact the government haven’t laid out their plans yet as a way to wildly speculate (particularly in headlines to get clicks).

I feel like stuff like this (in times like this) should be a bit more regulated. Some of it is just irresponsible.

I hope someone somewhere is doing a study on the impact of the media on public mental health at the moment and how negatively it is impacting many of us at this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Don’t lose hope! I know it’s hard to imagine at the moment but last summer we were in a very different place to now, and we didn’t have the vaccine. I wouldn’t rule anything out.

Reactions: 12
He’s hoping for a summer holiday but even if borders are open I can’t stand the thought of a holiday having to wear masks etc. If I go on holiday I want to go without having to think about restrictions where I am😩 plus I think prices will just go through the roof! But we will see, if we can get away then it’d be great but after us having 4 holidays (3 abroad, 1 UK) cancelled last year I don’t want to get my hopes up again!
I would think late Summer early Autumn at the latest foreign travel should be restriction free as most of Europe should have had at least one vaccine by then. UK holidays should be fine. I still got in two UK seaside holidays in the third quarter of last year and so this time around with vaccines around it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: 3
onwards and upwards to you. I broke up with a man child a year ago and once the upset subsides, the sense of relief and peace is everything. the joke is on him!
Well, man child is the correct term. He was always a Mummy’s boy but it was at the point where she was telling him (as a 24 y/o man) when he could and couldn’t see me, on what terms and for how long. So I raised it with her to ask for some compromise and that was it, it was WW3. He called me and she was screaming in the background about how much of an awful person I was. Then the next day he wanted the break, then today (one day after) he told me that it was finished. However, he’s dyslexic and bless him, cannot spell for the life of him. Usually his texts reflect this. His breakup text was perfectly worded and not in his own tone. It was very clinical and emotionless. Also mentioned posting my clothes back to me (we only live ten minutes apart) so perhaps making it IMPOSSIBLE for us to ever cross paths. I don’t think he wanted to break up with me. I think she forced him via an ultimatum or was so in his ear that he did anything for a quiet life. Either is rubbish and shows him to not be in my corner and weak. I could never go back there. Not even if he grovelled and begged. The way it has been done is incredibly cruel and even if he didn’t lead it, he still went through with it and that’s just as low. I’m better off out of it and I can see that already.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.