Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the absolute lowest I’ve felt I think this started. That wasn’t a very optimistic briefing was it. I don’t know how much I can take and I feel really guilty saying that because my lockdown is not hard in terms of having children to homeschool, I have no close family I desperately miss, but I just feel so sad and hopeless tonight 🙄😔

I noticed they talked about maybe taking further measures with the borders, why do they always wait. It’s not that I want the borders shut but if things are this bad 🤷🏻‍♀️duck all these influencers swanning off to bloody Dubai, their trip is not bleeping essential!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m not understanding what the point of the vaccine is. If you’ve had it you still can’t mingle, still have to wear a mask and have to social distance.
They can’t tell if it will stop you getting covid and whether you can still transmit it? So it’s literally not going to change a single thing in terms of how we are currently living.
Remind me again why I should get it?!?!
They aren’t giving the second dose for 12 weeks so that means the mainstream population will be waiting months, if not years before both doses have been administered?!
We cannot live like this anymore!!!!!
It will stop as many people getting as seriously ill which is stop hospital admissions and deaths
People will still get it it will still be around just like flu or a cold but it won’t cause such an issue because it won’t kill many people or put people in hospital (like flu, was a pandemic, now a vaccine, some people die every year but a manageable amount)

Reactions: 3
The 7 day average has fallen. It is currently 38,270, compared to 40,485 yesterday. It’s declined 25.3% in a week

Reactions: 12
My thoughts are by the time they do the feb half term review things will be a lot more clearer, as thats 4 weeks away, I think numbers are just still too high now for them to comment on when things can be lifted but hopefully as we are seeing some levelling off and dropping in all areas, the speed of them will become more clear over the next few weeks to give a better projection of the future
We’ve got to just sit tight with this uncertainty and crappy way of living

Reactions: 12
All flights between UK and Netherlands axed from tomorrow ....just the beginning after that news.

Reactions: 3
This cannot go on forever, it really can't. To those currently struggling, hold on to that fact 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Did anyone else audibly groan at the prospect of the schools opening “as a first priority”? It’s obvious to me that rates spiked in September just as the kids went back and everyone started mixing again. It would be the definition of madness to do the same thing again and expect a different result. I think we need to have vaccinated a lot more people before we can even consider sending the children back to school. With that being said though, I don’t have children myself and even though I have been struggling mentally with some of the aspects of this lockdown (not having seen my Mum for over a year, not being able to cuddle with my boyfriend), I have real sympathy to everyone on here who is homeschooling. It sounds stressful enough for those not currently working, let alone those of you who are also trying to juggle working from home. It makes me feel like I have it easy, even though I have days where I cannot bear to get out of bed and face the day.

I am category four and I spoke to my GP surgery this week, who told me I should expect a call in the next few days to book me in for a vaccine. I am hoping that receiving this will make me feel overall more positive.

I am also pro the idea of closing the borders. It’s worth a try for a month to see if it makes any difference in my view.

Reactions: 21
Did anyone else audibly groan at the prospect of the schools opening “as a first priority”? It’s obvious to me that rates spiked in September just as the kids went back and everyone started mixing again. It would be the definition of madness to do the same thing again and expect a different result. I think we need to have vaccinated a lot more people before we can even consider sending the children back to school. With that being said though, I don’t have children myself and even though I have been struggling mentally with some of the aspects of this lockdown (not having seen my Mum for over a year, not being able to cuddle with my boyfriend), I have real sympathy to everyone on here who is homeschooling. It sounds stressful enough for those not currently working, let alone those of you who are also trying to juggle working from home. It makes me feel like I have it easy, even though I have days where I cannot bear to get out of bed and face the day.

I am category four and I spoke to my GP surgery this week, who told me I should expect a call in the next few days to book me in for a vaccine. I am hoping that receiving this will make me feel overall more positive.

I am also pro the idea of closing the borders. It’s worth a try for a month to see if it makes any difference in my view.
I can't see schools opening especially if this new strain is carried by kids there's no way they'll open this side of summer

• Sad
Reactions: 8
There was a clinical epidemiologist on the live Scottish briefing page on the BBC today saying that being in lockdown until summer was "always going to be the case".

Followong on from yesterday, Nicola was asked about Glastonbury and what that means for large events this year and she said it would be a no to them.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The only thing getting me through the day is the (perhaps naive) thought of restrictions being eased like last summer 🤞🏽

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe what I’ve just read over on Mumsnet. A thread asking about whether or not they’ve booked holiday holidays! Some bint asked if she eas being ‘over optimistic’ spending £300 on a trip to Italy. Well if you can afford go waste that kind of money on a holiday that probably won’t happen. They don’t live in the real world.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Boris basically saying if new variants appear we have to keep living under restrictions.new variants of Covid will appear for years to come. There will be a Tattle variant announced at some point no doubt. We aren't getting out of this and back to normal life again. The press conference today made so called conspiracy theorists look more right.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I can’t believe what I’ve just read over on Mumsnet. A thread asking about whether or not they’ve booked holiday holidays! Some bint asked if she eas being ‘over optimistic’ spending £300 on a trip to Italy. Well if you can afford go waste that kind of money on a holiday that probably won’t happen. They don’t live in the real world.
You need to stay off mumsnet, it’s like an extension of the Daily Mail.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This cannot go on forever, it really can't. To those currently struggling, hold on to that fact 💜
I am more scared about job security than the virus. My husband works in oil and gas which is a fragile industry at the best of times and now it is even worse :(

• Sad
Reactions: 10
“This is a worrying development isn’t it”
anyone else think “honestly no....next 😕

It’s not that I don’t care about the latest updates, I just don’t worry about them anymore,
at this point the death figures don’t even phase me, I’m not scared of catching anything, I’m not scared to go places.

I’m so over it I don’t care anymore.
Is that just me? Am I broken?

(please don’t think I don’t care, I just... don’t dare anymore if that makes sense 😪)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Boris basically saying if new variants appear we have to keep living under restrictions.new variants of Covid will appear for years to come. There will be a Tattle variant announced at some point no doubt. We aren't getting out of this and back to normal life again. The press conference today made so called conspiracy theorists look more right.
I absolutely don’t believe that for a minute. People just won’t live like this forever. Something will give, whether thats us getting better at treating it, more effective vaccines, it mutating to be less threatening. I don’t think we’ll always be living under such harsh restrictions.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.