Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, man child is the correct term. He was always a Mummy’s boy but it was at the point where she was telling him (as a 24 y/o man) when he could and couldn’t see me, on what terms and for how long. So I raised it with her to ask for some compromise and that was it, it was WW3. He called me and she was screaming in the background about how much of an awful person I was. Then the next day he wanted the break, then today (one day after) he told me that it was finished. However, he’s dyslexic and bless him, cannot spell for the life of him. Usually his texts reflect this. His breakup text was perfectly worded and not in his own tone. It was very clinical and emotionless. Also mentioned posting my clothes back to me (we only live ten minutes apart) so perhaps making it IMPOSSIBLE for us to ever cross paths. I don’t think he wanted to break up with me. I think she forced him via an ultimatum or was so in his ear that he did anything for a quiet life. Either is rubbish and shows him to not be in my corner and weak. I could never go back there. Not even if he grovelled and begged. The way it has been done is incredibly cruel and even if he didn’t lead it, he still went through with it and that’s just as low. I’m better off out of it and I can see that already.
I’m glad u can already see you are better off without him. Imagine marrying into the family and having her as your MIL. You are much better off out of it , sounds like you had a lucky escape.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Well, man child is the correct term. He was always a Mummy’s boy but it was at the point where she was telling him (as a 24 y/o man) when he could and couldn’t see me, on what terms and for how long. So I raised it with her to ask for some compromise and that was it, it was WW3. He called me and she was screaming in the background about how much of an awful person I was. Then the next day he wanted the break, then today (one day after) he told me that it was finished. However, he’s dyslexic and bless him, cannot spell for the life of him. Usually his texts reflect this. His breakup text was perfectly worded and not in his own tone. It was very clinical and emotionless. Also mentioned posting my clothes back to me (we only live ten minutes apart) so perhaps making it IMPOSSIBLE for us to ever cross paths. I don’t think he wanted to break up with me. I think she forced him via an ultimatum or was so in his ear that he did anything for a quiet life. Either is rubbish and shows him to not be in my corner and weak. I could never go back there. Not even if he grovelled and begged. The way it has been done is incredibly cruel and even if he didn’t lead it, he still went through with it and that’s just as low. I’m better off out of it and I can see that already.
his mum encouraging him to be reliant on her and dictating his relationship, he has no chance! I'm sorry you're going through this, it sounds like you did the best thing for yourself.x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m sorry that you’re having to go through this 💕 it does sound like you’ve had a lucky escape here, especially with his mother (imagine if the relationship continued and she became your mother in law🙄)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I honestly don't know how much more of this I can take. I'm just done with it all. Feeling incredibly low today and struggling to see an end to it all. Missing my family, my mum is terminal and we're unable to be with her and the kids are beginning to really struggle with the thought of no school for months and months and missing their friends. This isn't living, it's just existing

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Totally agree. Boris can keep Professor Doom and Professor Gloom for his briefings as I prefer Hancock getting JVT and Professor Stephen Powis. They explain it well but give some hope.

Six days in a row with an increase on jabs given. I just hope my mum hasn't had her letter lost in the post as five million where being sent out to over 70s this week and she's not got it yet.
Neither have my parents.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I honestly don't know how much more of this I can take. I'm just done with it all. Feeling incredibly low today and struggling to see an end to it all. Missing my family, my mum is terminal and we're unable to be with her and the kids are beginning to really struggle with the thought of no school for months and months and missing their friends. This isn't living, it's just existing
I’m so sorry Sarah, you have had such a difficult time throughout this pandemic. Is there a way that you can arrange to see your mum safely? I know you and your kids are at home, does your husband go out to work? Would there be anyway you could isolate for 10-14 days before seeing her?

Reactions: 9
He’s hoping for a summer holiday but even if borders are open I can’t stand the thought of a holiday having to wear masks etc. If I go on holiday I want to go without having to think about restrictions where I am😩 plus I think prices will just go through the roof! But we will see, if we can get away then it’d be great but after us having 4 holidays (3 abroad, 1 UK) cancelled last year I don’t want to get my hopes up again!
Tbh I went to Greece in September and you only had to wear it whilst walking inside! It was honestly fine and didn’t bother me at all! I know everyone has different but it really was fine x

Reactions: 2
I’m so sorry Sarah, you have had such a difficult time throughout this pandemic. Is there a way that you can arrange to see your mum safely? I know you and your kids are at home, does your husband go out to work? Would there be anyway you could isolate for 10-14 days before seeing her?
My husband is still working so I couldn't risk going to see her. We were able to isolate before Christmas as he took holiday days

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My husband is still working so I couldn't risk going to see her. We were able to isolate before Christmas as he took holiday days
I wish I could think of a solution. This whole thing is so crappy and incredibly unfair. I don’t fully know your mums situation but I send you all love, I can appreciate how hard this is and I hope that you can find a way to see her 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can't see school's heading back in March, definitely don't think it will be this side of Easter.
There are too many people taking the piss this time around and hospitals are too far in the tit. Last time it was March/April when the pressure was at it's worst, the end of the nhs winter pressures, this time around we're slap bang in the middle of it.

Home learning this time around is literally like being a 1-1 TA, well with young children who cannot do the work independently. We have a full day, from 8.30-3.15 of teams meetings, my 5 year old has 6 teams meeting, 3 of those are live lesson starters, then he has an alloted amount of time to complete the set taskS and I put a big S because it's never just one thing. ALWAYS multiple things, like us parents are just sat around, twiddling our thumbs. My Year 2 child has 7 teams meetings a day and 4 live lesson starters, both need me to sit with them and keep them on task. I have to sit the night before and go through all their lessons, writing out everything that needs to be done, otherwise we fall so far behind we're still working to catch up at 6pm! It's absolutely draining me of every last bit of mental strength I have. I've had a constant headache since Friday.
Also why is learning just so god damn boring now, why are they spending 12 days on the most boring shitting story ever for English? Don't we want our children to enjoy English at 7, not be bored half to death with it. I just can't muster any enthusiasm for it.
I know why they have to be at home, I don't disagree with it but if this goes on into April then I'm not partaking in it. The school have said they have to be doing this much, their hands are tied. Lovely, brilliant, perfect. Happy bleeping Sunday 🥴

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Can anyone give me their positive stories about receiving the vaccine? I’m 30 years old and having mine done Tuesday... I just worry about long term side effects & I want more children in the future

Reactions: 3
The amount of homework my two are getting is ridiculous. They're sat at home 5 days a week doing live lessons from 8.40 until 3 then are expected to spend hours on a weekend completing assignments, key marked pieces and homework sheets. I appreciate that they're in years 8 and 9 but give us a break!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Can anyone give me their positive stories about receiving the vaccine? I’m 30 years old and having mine done Tuesday... I just worry about long term side effects & I want more children in the future
Bruised arm, mild headache and that was it. No evidence at all to back up any fertility issue.

Reactions: 13
I had mine last week and I’m fine, I can’t really say about long term but I came on my period today if that’s any consolation 😂 (TMI?) so I guess it hasn’t rendered me sterile! They have debunked the theory that it affects fertility, and many friends/colleagues who have had theirs want children in the near future😊

Reactions: 7
Not sure if it counts as a positive story but I had mine in Dec and nothing negative to report. The experience is like getting any other vaccine, for something that is so momentous. There was an excellent thread posted a few pages back regarding the myths around fertility.

The amount of homework my two are getting is ridiculous. They're sat at home 5 days a week doing live lessons from 8.40 until 3 then are expected to spend hours on a weekend completing assignments, key marked pieces and homework sheets. I appreciate that they're in years 8 and 9 but give us a break!
Outrageous! We still set one piece of homework a week but we have told all the kids, they don't have to do it. (And none of them do! 😂 ) This is Primary so obviously different from year 8/9. But personally, I find live lessons so mentally draining so I have no idea how some kids are coping. I can tattle all day but actually staring at a screen and doing a lesson over teams has me ready for a nap by lunch break! Some secondary schools are giving kids a measly 10minutes "screen break" every morning and afternoon. My cousin is in Y12 at the moment and completely overwhelmed. She is the most studious person I have ever met but can't seem to keep up with the pace anymore bc its all unorganised and online, as well as the jump from GCSE to A-levels.

Its the lack of general cohesion within the educational setting for me. All down to that twit Gavin Williamson and partly some schools SLT.

If this is true I will probably cry manly tears :D It's the first article I have seen mention an actual date for old pre March 2020 normality and you can rely on the Torygraph as they have excellent contacts. I would be delighted if at Easter I could meet at a pub without having a substantial meal in a group of six mates, with old life back for July.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.