Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been offered the vaccine next week!! I'm so relieved.
I'm not telling anyone else about it, the only people I have told, all excited because I don't want to die in my 40s have all got pissed off saying other people need it more.
My mum and dad really want me to have it, but we're openly jealous that they hadn't got it. (Hello, I am your ACTUAL child. And if I cack it you'll be full on raising your grandchildren)
The background of my vaccine offer is that I work in a public service role, partly at home but also mostly outside visits occasionally in groups of over 100 people, trying to scoot out the way to keep to 2m distance.
I have a neurological condition post brain injury, an autoimmune thyroid condition that gave me permanent tachycardia and high BP which I am medicated for, and I have autoimmune arthritis, with periods of time (on and off) high dose steroids to sort it out.
Put those things in an equation with Covid 19 and it adds up to a pair of orphans.
...and no-one who is meant to love me is relieved on my behalf.
This pandemic has brought out some awful reactions in usually lovely people. It's so sad, but I am keeping my relief for myself.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I’m not understanding what the point of the vaccine is. If you’ve had it you still can’t mingle, still have to wear a mask and have to social distance.
They can’t tell if it will stop you getting covid and whether you can still transmit it? So it’s literally not going to change a single thing in terms of how we are currently living.
Remind me again why I should get it?!?!
They aren’t giving the second dose for 12 weeks so that means the mainstream population will be waiting months, if not years before both doses have been administered?!
We cannot live like this anymore!!!!!

It reduces the severity, reducing the likelihood of hospitalisation and death. (I believe)

Reactions: 6
I'm not telling anyone else about it, the only people I have told, all excited because I don't want to die in my 40s have all got pissed off saying other people need it more.
My mum and dad really want me to have it, but we're openly jealous that they hadn't got it. (Hello, I am your ACTUAL child. And if I cack it you'll be full on raising your grandchildren)
The background of my vaccine offer is that I work in a public service role, partly at home but also mostly outside visits occasionally in groups of over 100 people, trying to scoot out the way to keep to 2m distance.
I have a neurological condition post brain injury, an autoimmune thyroid condition that gave me permanent tachycardia and high BP which I am medicated for, and I have autoimmune arthritis, with periods of time (on and off) high dose steroids to sort it out.
Put those things in an equation with Covid 19 and it adds up to a pair of orphans.
This pandemic has brought out some awful reactions in usually lovely people. It's so sad, but I am keeping my relief for myself.
The more people that get the vaccine the better. It’s not for me to question who’s offered it before who. If I was offered it I would absolutely have it.
Let us know how you get on.

Reactions: 17
I’m not understanding what the point of the vaccine is. If you’ve had it you still can’t mingle, still have to wear a mask and have to social distance.
They can’t tell if it will stop you getting covid and whether you can still transmit it? So it’s literally not going to change a single thing in terms of how we are currently living.
They aren’t giving the second dose for 12 weeks so that means the mainstream population will be waiting months, if not years before both doses have been administered?!
I think it'll make people who would be really ill and die not get such severe symptoms.

I am so fed up of hearing that slogan at every opportunity.
Most people are doing it, there’s not much more I can stop doing. Perhaps I could cut down on the number of trips to the fridge but that’s another thread altogether.
What have I missed, what slogan?

We are staying in lockdown for ages aren't we? 😢😢

I can cope with the lockdown, but the thought of homeschooling with no end in sight is frankly killing me

• Sad
Reactions: 24
So sorry you've had negative reactions. I'm happy for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The more people that get the vaccine the better. It’s not for me to question who’s offered it before who. If I was offered it I would absolutely have it.
Let us know how you get on.
Thanks I will, I have two members of staff on the team that I manage who have had it this week and they both report no side effects except a sore arm. One had the Pfizer Biontech and one had the Oxford Astra Zeneca. Very encouraging 👍

Reactions: 5
Thanks I will, I have two members of staff on the team that I manage who have had it this week and they both report no side effects except a sore arm. One had the Pfizer Biontech and one had the Oxford Astra Zeneca. Very encouraging 👍
My parents had it last week, both over 80. My mum had no side effects, my dad a sore arm for a few days but nothing more. You’ll be fine I’m sure

Well it is thought/hoped that at the very least, the point is that it readies your body for the 'rona so that if you get it, you fight it off easily and don't need hospital and don't die.

Not enough known yet to say whether it stops the spread, have to wait and see. If it does, that would be a great bonus.

Where Johnson, twit Mancock and the rest of the government have been somewhat disingenuous, is their implications before Christmas that "yay we've approved a vaccine, so now it's going to be all back to normal by March" etc. It's becoming clearer that that was never true.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If the R rate is down, shouldn’t the date for restrictions being lifted be reconsidered? They seem dead set on “late spring” that’s a long time away.

Reactions: 9
If the R rate is down, shouldn’t the date for restrictions being lifted be reconsidered? They seem dead set on “late spring” that’s a long time away.
Youd think so wouldnt you. Guess they dont want it to soon incase numbers shoot up again to quickly.
Late spring just sounds awful though

We are staying in lockdown for ages aren't we? 😢😢

I can cope with the lockdown, but the thought of homeschooling with no end in sight is frankly killing me
It feels different this time. Homeschooling from 9-3.30 with half hour lunch inbetween. It’s dark outside once we’ve finished for the day and we can’t do our hourly walk (which we could do over summer). Talks of stronger virus, vaccine lottery, restrictions etc etc
I’m on furlough and been told I was ‘overpaid’ so they are taking a chunk out of my wages this month to get the money back 😡. Yeah I here you.
I’ve started not watching the evening news before bed and keeping busy busy in the evenings to block it all out. I miss family like many others so I zoom/FaceTime as much as I can oh and I watch cooking vlogs on YouTube. Sending hugs 🤗 I know how you feel xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I wonder if the £500 if you catch covid question will be asked.
All three of them are waffling a lot at this briefing, even Whitty.

cause the NHS is still struggling to cope. Also I understand late spring as if they say sooner and that's not the case everyone is going to fuming. If they say late spring, we'll have vaccinated a lot of people by then, the weather will be warmer, and they should have a better idea of things

Reactions: 7
I hate life as it is. I hate lockdown. I hate wearing a mask and being looked at as though I’m a serial murderer or something if I get closer than 2m to somebody.

But I’d rather stay in lockdown until Spring if it means that’s the end and no more in and out of lockdown, shake it all about etc.

Reactions: 30
Isn’t it because the newer strain is more virulent? We’ve had a huge increase in cases over the last two weeks so they are ‘predicting’ that everyday up to 28days after hospital admissions will rise and unfortunately deaths will too has it has a higher rate of mortality?
Until seven day averages of case numbers fall and vaccine administration increases I foresee lockdown at least until end of March.

Not to be doom and gloom but this is what I’m expecting and any sooner will be a bonus.

I’m not an expert but that’s what I got from the briefing

Reactions: 1
It will hopefully stop you getting a very bad case of covid. It is to reduce symptoms (and hopefully spread but they need more research on that). If symptoms are reduced, less people dying and less in hospital. Meaning we can reopen things but may still have to wear masks for a while yet. Way better than the horrible situation we are currently in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.