Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
The 400 people wedding infuriates me. Not just because our industry is collapsing under this pandemic, but also that 400 people agreed to go to a wedding despite restrictions! Which brings me to the conclusion they are also happy mixing households, maybe worshipping together and having other gatherings. Then they are out and about in normal society infecting us rule abiders!!!

Reactions: 22

Tublet83

VIP Member
Been for my local walk with a friend the sun was shining, had a hot chocolate, bought some local ice cream and chocolate brownies on the way back and the world seems better 😊

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
This is awful on everyone but singles struggle as we are losing a lot of time & the opportunity to meet someone.

It feels so wasteful,
I REALLY feel for single people... probably the most. How awful being isolated by yourself, and especially if you were hoping to meet someone for the long term.

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
Opened a new four pack of water bottles from Chavsda earlier and it had a (used) blue disposable face mask in the empty space between the four bottles!

Need to get a picture of me holding it at arms length with my best Daily Mail Sad Face on, and see how much compo I can get.

Is this the future, free facemasks in our food :ROFLMAO: 😷

• Sick
  • Wow

rivermonster

VIP Member
Older people are lucky in that sense, as they have managed to do so much already. lol.
I just saw this - bugger off, I am old and have not manged enough yet and have stills lots to do and it might get me soon.♥ We should have been in Spain in Sept/Oct. Goa in India from mid October to 26th Dec. German New Year river cruise from 29th Dec to 5th Jan. A week in York in Jan - then off to Vietnam for TET for 3 months.
Honestly we are mid 70's and this is the first winter we have spent in UK for 20 odd years and it is awful. We are used to being out walking all day in the sunshine but instead we are stuck indoors as I hate the cold, not sleeping well and absolutely pissed off with life.

• Heart
  • Sad

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I had a dentist appointment today. Was the most exciting trip I’d had in a whiles I got dressed up and put some make up on for the occasion.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

birdiefly246

VIP Member
I can definitely relate to feeling shitty now. I feel very lucky as I've coped really well throughout. I'm not a very social person anyway and I like the comfort of my own home. In that sense, I'm fine, but the constant news of new strains and the uncertainty is just exhausting. It just feels constant at the minute and with the uncertainty of the vaccine with spreading and new strains and all that shit. It's not that it feels never ending cause there will be an ending but I hate the limbo of it all.

• Heart

leoladyxo

VIP Member
Did anyone else audibly groan at the prospect of the schools opening “as a first priority”? It’s obvious to me that rates spiked in September just as the kids went back and everyone started mixing again. It would be the definition of madness to do the same thing again and expect a different result. I think we need to have vaccinated a lot more people before we can even consider sending the children back to school. With that being said though, I don’t have children myself and even though I have been struggling mentally with some of the aspects of this lockdown (not having seen my Mum for over a year, not being able to cuddle with my boyfriend), I have real sympathy to everyone on here who is homeschooling. It sounds stressful enough for those not currently working, let alone those of you who are also trying to juggle working from home. It makes me feel like I have it easy, even though I have days where I cannot bear to get out of bed and face the day.

I am category four and I spoke to my GP surgery this week, who told me I should expect a call in the next few days to book me in for a vaccine. I am hoping that receiving this will make me feel overall more positive.

I am also pro the idea of closing the borders. It’s worth a try for a month to see if it makes any difference in my view.

Renata

VIP Member
This page is a lifesaver. It’s hard to catch real
People in the same mood as you in the real world

Ding

VIP Member
Sometimes I wish I'd not read stuff on here...blood clots, thickening blood like tar, EVERYONE seems to know someone that has covid now..... it all seems as scary as it was in March atm and I hate it. Think I will take a break from the thread for a bit.
Sending love to all ♥

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
It still doesn’t make a difference there’s obviously a reason the hospital’s are full I don’t think they’d put people in hospital without a need there must be data to back it up ,that’s what they base the lockdowns on .I thought they tested everyone on admission, they do here.
There is a difference though.

Joe goes in with a broken leg, is tested as a precaution and is positive despite no symptoms. He spends a week in traction and is sent home. He is a "covid admission" for those 7 days when his covid wasn't treated at all while he was there.

Fred tests positive at home, 5 days later can't breathe and goes to hospital. He receives oxygen therapy and fluids while admitted for 5 days

Dave is in hospital with kidney problems. He was negative on admission but 4 days later starts coughing and later tests positive.

Mark cuts his hand with a saw whilst doing DIY, he goes to A&E and has to stay overnight so he can have surgery the next morning. He tests positive on admission. He leaves hospital 18 houra after coming in.

There is a HUGE difference between these cases. Yet all are classed as covid 19 hospital admissions

• Heart

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
The NHS has been on its arse for years. I’m not sure a pandemic is what anyone expected but one day sooner or later, something was bound to happen and show how underfunded and badly run the NHS actually is.

I can’t see myself voting in a general election ever again and I’m always the first to encourage people to vote, especially women as I think it’s so important and something that was fought for. But nah. Never again. They’re all liars.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Feeling a lot more positive today after my miserable day yesterday. Took myself out on a walk and walked for over an hour through the forest near my house and it really helped. I realised half way through the walk that one day this whole thing would be something I tell my grandkids about like my nan does with me about the war. Decided from now on I'm just going to live day by day and do what I can to make myself feel good, long walks, lots of veg, lots of water etc and just take it as it comes.

• Heart

Gembo

VIP Member
My exciting thing today is going to the bike shop to pick up a new bike for one of my kids. For some reason they aren’t offering delivery so have to collect. Typically it snowed last night so probably won’t get to take them out on it today😅

Can’t face food shopping this week so I’ve booked a slot with Iceland for tomorrow. Never shopped online with them before but thought why not with their free delivery.

Literally the most exciting things that are happening in my life right now🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
Last night my husband and I spent about 25 mins watching a YouTube video of a digger digging another digger out that had got stuck in mud. This is what Friday nights are now 😩 I just remembered that my husbands car has to go in for a service next month and I will have to follow behind in my car to bring him home then take him back again when it’s finished. Almost as excited as if we were going on holiday! We won’t know ourselves when we can actually go on a holiday or to a gig again! 😄

• Haha

Jamhead

VIP Member

This isn't looking good at all, a month in a coma now. All the while, that little baby will be forming crucial bonds with everyone but his mum 😔

• Sad

xoxo GG

VIP Member
Neither do I, and apologies if I offend just trying badly to crack some humour 🤦‍♀️🥴😬
My toddler is feral so it wouldn’t surprise me if she was a super spreader. She emerged from sitting in her toy box today with a half eaten banana, couldn’t give you a time frame for how long it’s been there, it looked like she had just squatted and taken a dump as opposed to finding food. She still took a good bite and said it was yum though. 👀😂

• Haha

jazyblu

Chatty Member
I said when we were sorted as we've got enough pre purchased for everyone here to have a handful each. Although people have suffered with the Pfizer one if you click the link to see the replies or search the hashtag...

A twitter with the handle #sheep #redpilluk and 'make Britain great again' posting a collection of facebook screenshots may not be the best source for information.

Last edited:
  • Haha