Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally agree on feeling like they are losing social skills whoever said it before!
Does anyone else feel like they are losing their personality? You can do so few hobbies now, see so few people, we aren’t able to do much so I feel like I can’t have proper interests anymore 🙈
Sounds so dramatic but I’ve definitely felt like this!

Reactions: 18
I know it's impossible to say, but if there was a set in stone date of when life would be back to normal, I'd feel better. Something to aim towards, you know? (And yes conspiracy theorists, before you start, it WILL get back to normal!) When does everyone think it'll be realistically? Next year?
Around September/October this year I think.

Reactions: 2
I’m in bits this morning. I had a falling out with my boyfriend’s Mum and now my boyfriend wants to take a break. My lockdown just got even more lonely. 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I’m in bits this morning. I had a falling out with my boyfriend’s Mum and now my boyfriend wants to take a break. My lockdown just got even more lonely. 🙁
Nothing much to add but I couldn’t scroll past without saying how crappy that is - I hope you’re ok. Stick a film on or go for a walk and listen to a podcast. He will come to his senses soon enough I should hope x

Reactions: 8
Anyone doing anything exciting today?

Thought I'd do a spot of housework, read the paper, tax myself with a couple of crosswords, watch some TV, then order a takeaway and open a bottle of wine. Just living it up. Hey ho.
My bubble is coming over and cooking us a 3 course meal.
Daughter is at dads so I'm taking some much needed child free time to rest and recuperate

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I know it's impossible to say, but if there was a set in stone date of when life would be back to normal, I'd feel better. Something to aim towards, you know? (And yes conspiracy theorists, before you start, it WILL get back to normal!) When does everyone think it'll be realistically? Next year?
Hard to tell. They mention new variants popping up as one of the things that stops lockdown restrictions. But new variants will continue for years to come so if they really think that we will always be under restrictions. It's been reported if every single person in the country takes the vaccine we'd still only get the R rate down to 1.3 so the current vaccine isn't working as well as we'd hope but it's better than nothing. Whilst those in power can continue to make millions off the back of contracts to their pharma mates why would they care enough about the rest of us to relax things?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Hard to tell. They mention new variants popping up as one of the things that stops lockdown restrictions. But new variants will continue for years to come so if they really think that we will always be under restrictions. It's been reported if every single person in the country takes the vaccine we'd still only get the R rate down to 1.3 so the current vaccine isn't working as well as we'd hope but it's better than nothing. Whilst those in power can continue to make millions off the back of contracts to their pharma mates why would they care enough about the rest of us to relax things?
i thought yesterday they reported the R as being between 0.8 and 1 now?

Reactions: 4
If the vaccine doesn't stop transmission that's it for 2021....

Over the top scare mongering when it is the government who have killed tens of thousands of people and not the behaviour of the public....

The media relaying the government propaganda cannot make anymore clearer that is new normal they have mentioned since last year is permanent.
Its basic gaslighting

We've opened coffee shops to keep the economy turning and so keyworkers can get something, aren't we great! - propaganda poster says buying a coffee kills granny. So it's now your fault.

We've increased the trains so keyworkers can get to work safely, aren't we great! - propaganda poster says covid catches the train too, you're going to kill granny. So now it's your fault

We've given you all eat out to help out vouchers to build the economy and give you freedom, aren't we great! - Boris and Matt tell us that because we've gone out we've killed granny. It's your fault.

We've opened schools because our very clever scientists have said kids don't spread it, aren't we great! - oh, turns out your dirty little kids are quite germy, they've killed granny. It's your fault

We think everyone should be able to meet a mate in the park because fresh air and space is safe - you guessed it! Meeting your mate is now super dangerous and you've killed granny! Your fault!

We think everyone deserves Xmas with family, you'll be fine for one day - nope, because you've followed our rules it's your fault again that you've killed granny!

Its abuse!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
i thought yesterday they reported the R as being between 0.8 and 1 now?
That's because of restrictions. The past two days media have reported that SAGE said if every single person in the country took the vaccine including children the R rate would only go down to 1.3 if we went back to normality. This is a scary thought too.....

The government have scared the public enough that they would give up privacy to go back to normal. Great result for the gov who can gather more information on us all than ever before all free of charge to sell on to third parties as they wish.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Its basic gaslighting

We've opened coffee shops to keep the economy turning and so keyworkers can get something, aren't we great! - propaganda poster says buying a coffee kills granny. So it's now your fault.

We've increased the trains so keyworkers can get to work safely, aren't we great! - propaganda poster says covid catches the train too, you're going to kill granny. So now it's your fault

We've given you all eat out to help out vouchers to build the economy and give you freedom, aren't we great! - Boris and Matt tell us that because we've gone out we've killed granny. It's your fault.

We've opened schools because our very clever scientists have said kids don't spread it, aren't we great! - oh, turns out your dirty little kids are quite germy, they've killed granny. It's your fault

We think everyone should be able to meet a mate in the park because fresh air and space is safe - you guessed it! Meeting your mate is now super dangerous and you've killed granny! Your fault!

We think everyone deserves Xmas with family, you'll be fine for one day - nope, because you've followed our rules it's your fault again that you've killed granny!

Its abuse!
If we had thread titles here I’d channel south park and suggest
“who killed kenny granny” 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 14

The government have scared the public enough that they would give up privacy to go back to normal. Great result for the gov who can gather more information on us all than ever before all free of charge to sell on to third parties as they wish.
Clever isn't it how they can scare people into losing all their basic rights. It's also something the conspiracy theorists said would happen and many didn't believe it

If we had thread titles here I’d channel south park and suggest
“who killed kenny granny” 😐
I'm surprised The Sun haven't come up with it already 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This isn’t the point that the previous poster was making. She was saying that Mark would be classed as a covid stat as he has Covid, which is correct.
However, the Government and in the media he is being portrayed as someone who is gravely ill with covid, which is incorrect.
He has gone to hospital due to cutting his hand and just so happens to test positive. This is not the same as someone who has gone to hospital because they have covid and can’t breathe.
Oh I haven't seen anything like that in media, so my apologies. I've seen them mentioned the stats in the press conference but again never made out that those people are gravely ill.

Reactions: 1
Hello I’m tipping point and I’m addicted to animal crossing, super mario party and 51 worldwide games 🤷🏼‍♀️
What do you play on 51 WG? We’re all addicted to 6 ball puzzle and have a little tournament every evening. We used to say that our 8yo could stay up until he lost a game. But now he’s a pro so we’ve had to change those rules 😂 the other day he won 12 in a row 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Clever isn't it how they can scare people into losing all their basic rights. It's also something the conspiracy theorists said would happen and many didn't believe it
They aren't daft the government. Make things look far worse than they are and then people will do whatever is asked no matter how intrusive it is.

If vaccinating everyone in the country doesn't get R below one what chance normality? I would say very low. I expect many sports teams will cease to exist like Football teams. It's OK for the premier league with their TV deals but the leagues below if they cannot sell season tickets to have restriction free packed stadiums in August for the new season clubs that for over a century have been a big part of the community of where they are from may not be around.

• Sad
What do you play on 51 WG? We’re all addicted to 6 ball puzzle and have a little tournament every evening. We used to say that our 8yo could stay up until he lost a game. But now he’s a pro so we’ve had to change those rules 😂 the other day he won 12 in a row 😂
we like backgammon and yacht (which is yatzhee) and mancala!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.