Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Is that 18 or 19 countries that have now closed all schools, uni and mass gatherings?

Meanwhile over at Cheltenham 😬
cheltenham.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 78

Sp20191

VIP Member
What is the point?!

What’s the bloody point of having a meeting to decide to do nothing?!

What’s the point of asking the top scientists what we should be doing and then ignoring it??

What is the fucking point of boris bloody Johnson?!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38

Kbird

VIP Member
Seems like i'm the weird one, but I don't need 50 loo rolls, 90 packa of pasta etc. It's selfish in my opinion.

Reactions: 38

50sGirl

VIP Member
For anyone that can't watch it, in a nutshell

View attachment 94692
My dad is an older person in poor health but hey, guess what Boris? He CANNOT stay home because he needs to attend hospital 3 times a week, every week for treatment! 😡
He CANNOT self isolate because he needs carers in his home daily!
I’m too scared to kiss, hug or even touch my dad right now in case I’m carrying it.
I fear my dad will end up another statistic “man in his 80’s with underlying medical conditions...”
It is not acceptable, just because they are old does not make this okay. 😢

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 37

Influenced

Chatty Member
Stockpiling food is outrageously greedy and selfish. No you don't need 50 loo rolls or a cupboard full of pasta. What about the other people who need food and provisions? Just shows the worst of humanity.

Reactions: 33

memoii11

VIP Member
I'm angry about all those that have gone to Cheltenham. It should've been cancelled.

Reactions: 31

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
No I don't think I would. Nor do I see the need for 6 packets of pasta in my cupboard. If I am self isolating with my hungry children then I will feed them with the food in the house and should I need more I can ask for someone to deliver some to me that is unless everyone takes the view that they must ransack the supermarkets now for no good reason. What use is all that extra food and supplies to you if you don't get sick and don't need to isolate. Even as bad as things are in Italy you can still go to the shop. This isn't the apocalypse. Life will still go on for the majority of people who will be relatively unaffected by this.
In our household the extra food will simply be used once isolation is complete. Not everyone has family and/or friends nearby to deliver to their door.

If self-isolation is necessary then my family will not need to place any burden on others in terms of food or supplies because we have planned sensibly and with a sense of perspective. I have around 2 weeks of basics in our garage and that feels propotionate given the information available to us thus far. If that's viewed as selfish by others than they can kiss my ass 🙋‍♀️😆

P.S yep I do have around 6 packs of pasta #familyoffive 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

memoii11

VIP Member
Embarrassing and selfish 🤷🏽‍♀️
Can we stop with this now please?! Berating anxious people isn't helpful in these worrying times. Lots come to this thread for reassurance and support, not to be made to feel worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Yel

Chatty Member
It's either going to go down as the UK made the best decision and outsmarted every other country, or the UK made the worst decision ever and people have died as a result.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

sarahboo

On a lighter note, I've just finished a night shift & my bosses gave me a bottle of prosecco.... That's going straight in my stock pile which brings me to 8 bottles of prosecco (+ a few bottles of gin). Might add a few different bottles of alcohol on my trip to sainsburys this morning, if I'm gonna get looks for buying loo roll that I actually need I might as well get judged for the booze as well ;)

• Haha
  • Heart

Globe

Someone in my family has come down with the symptoms quite suddenly (cough, fever, shortness of breath). They've had contact through work with people who came back from Italy before they went into self isolation (no idea they didn't isolate immediately after return). She phoned 111, half an hour wait so phoned the 0800 coronavirus helpline and got told to treat it like any other viral infection and forget about coronavirus.

• Wow
  • Angry

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Can't believe the difference in attitude of the two governments...Ireland are talking about the dead getting cremated straight away and holding a funeral service at a later date,cancelling weddings ,first communions etc..No visitors at hospitals literature everywhere on how to contain/stop the spread even the cinemas are leaving an empty seat nxt to every person to try and contain it .Haven't seen any extra measures from the British..
Yes you are right, Ireland are taking it seriously. My friend lives in Ireland and she’s about to give birth any minute. She’s absolutely heartbroken because she’s been told her mum can’t come in the delivery room with her, she understands why, but it’s so hard for her because her fiancé died a few days before she knew she was pregnant. 😞

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

cakebytheocean

Slovakia with only 16 cases has now shut its borders to non residents! No one allowed to fly in or out. Our government needs to WAKE UP!!

• Wow

Albs

Yes there is alot of stealing going on at the minute in hospitals. I have probably seen about 30+ people ( patients family members) filling up their hand gels bottles from the pumps on the walls in the last week. Not for one second thinking that other people are going to need this before entering wards where there are very sick/dying people. One lady had about 6 empty bottles lined up ready to fill, then called us a disgrace because she was asked to leave. The mind boggles with some peole.

• Wow
  • Angry

Yel

Chatty Member
Mail Headline
BREAKING NEWS: Boris Johnson says he WON'T ban mass gatherings or close schools in fight against coronavirus as health experts say government plan is to LET the disease spread slowly through UK so country gets 'herd immunity'

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25