Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's either going to go down as the UK made the best decision and outsmarted every other country, or the UK made the worst decision ever and people have died as a result.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I read that in Italy neighbours are sharing childcare, taking it in turns for people who absolutely have to go to work etc. People will need to lean on their neighbours. If you know someone vulnerable, offer help. Even dropping off a few tins of soup might help calm down people who can’t get out and about. I’m sure parents at childcare facilities can club together and find ways to manage at least in the very short term.
we aren’t allowed to do this here tho are we? Technically friends can’t look after kids if it’s deemed as childcare

Reactions: 1
If we are weeks away from the most dangerous period - please forgive me for being a bit thick here - but why aren’t we doing more to stop it now?

Reactions: 14
The NHS is gonna take a severe battering from this. Operations and out patient appointments may not go ahead to deal with the influx of patients suffering with Coronavirus. Elderly people most probably will just be left and the sick will get sicker. The impact of patient services and diagnostic treatments will fall behind and people who have treatable illnesses won’t get picked up in time and will result in increased mortality from other illnesses which aren’t getting the treatment they would have had previously.
Why is Boris suck a bleeping wanker! The man hid in a fridge ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
what sector do you work in if you don't mind me asking? My office is considering letting us work from home but I doubt they will... they don't care abotu their employees at all
We're an office based function of a large
NHS organisation, we will be working from home and using video conferencing etc.

I've been off work this week with flu and called 111. They said that as I hadn't been abroad it was unlikely to be coronavirus. Must admit I was a bit nonplussed by this response because I work in a large open plan office with about 200 people who could have been anywhere!!!

After that I had to phone my GP. They told me not to visit the surgery but to wait for a triage call. Eventually a the GP called back, went through a load of questions and then concluded that I probably just have ordinary flu and should take some Ibuprofen.

Thankfully I'm starting to feel a bit better now but it's worrying to think that they are only testing people who have been abroad to places like Italy. I bet many people have now got it who haven't been out of the country recently.

Reactions: 5
People with minor symptoms are not going to stay at home. The pressure from bosses and colleagues to go in to work will be insane. I’ve shared an office with a woman who has complained of a sore throat all week and thinks the whole thing is a fuss over nothing 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 14
If we are weeks away from the most dangerous period - please forgive me for being a bit thick here - but why aren’t we doing more to stop it now?
We need to delay the peak- prevent the NHS from being overwhelmed essentially. Also if we do “too much too soon” people will become fatigued and it will lose effectiveness.

All of the testing will focus on people who are in hospital, anyone at home self isolating will not be tested. BUT they will test based on severity, regardless of their travel history.

Reactions: 3
It's either going to go down as the UK made the best decision and outsmarted every other country, or the UK made the worst decision ever and people have died as a result.
I totally agree, either our experts know something the others don’t or they’ll allow a load of people to die and in 100 years children will be writing essays on what the Tory government did wrong in 2020

Reactions: 13
Is it me or did he look a lot healthier last week?

1584033391953.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Exactly! High stakes gamble 😬

It feels like they are seeing other countries figures as a challenge not a threat

My anger is through the roof 🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: 7
I totally agree, either our experts know something the others don’t or they’ll allow a load of people to die and in 100 years children will be writing essays on what the Tory government did wrong in 2020
It will be a bloody long essay!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We have to be unique. It’s a tale as old as time.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.