Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rang 111 again about my daughters cough that she’s had since Tuesdsy. No other symptoms now as her tight chest has gone today but the cough is lingering. Again because she hasn’t been to an affected country she can’t be tested despite having a parent with a chronic illness and father with asthma. We’re supposed to just sit and wait to see if I get it. I said well isn’t the UK now an affected country?? On the news it says there could be 5-10k infected and not tested. Absolutely disgusting.

Now on the news being told to self isolate for 7 days even if you have a cough, and the family too.

My son is too afraid to go to school tomorrow, we’ve a few cases as of today in our next town. He is upset and doesn’t want to go. What a horrible situation this is as a parent when your children are afraid. He snow scared incase his sister has coronavirus and he won’t let her in his bedroom, so we’re having to resssure him it’s likely just her mild asthma because her tight chest has now gone and today she’s coughed far less, all good signs. I understand his fears as I’m now watching myself closely for 14 days and I won’t lie I’m terrified having chronic illness.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
It will be interesting to see how long it takes for Boris and Trump to contract it 🧐
I think Trump may have it already. He did not sounds too good during his speech and has been in close contact with someone who has been confirmed as having it.

Reactions: 3
I rang 111 again about my daughters cough that she’s had since Tuesdsy. No other symptoms now as her tight chest has gone today but the cough is lingering. Again because she hasn’t been to an affected country she can’t be tested despite having a parent with a chronic illness and father with asthma. We’re supposed to just sit and wait to see if I get it. I said well isn’t the UK now an affected country?? On the news it says there could be 5-10k infected and not tested. Absolutely disgusting.

Now on the news being told to self isolate for 7 days even if you have a cough, and the family too.
Well the woman confirmed who has it in my city is an elderly lady who never leaves the house 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
For anyone that can't watch it, in a nutshell

View attachment 94692
I’ve had a persistent cough for 2.5 weeks but no other symptoms. I get the same bloody cough every year at about this time so honestly haven’t been worried, and still am not, concerned about it being Corona, but I guess I should self-isolate now?! Genuine question.....

*edit to add that obvs I haven’t been abroad or in direct contact with anyone who has tested positively (to my knowledge). I phoned 111 last week and it basically said that unless the aspects I mentioned above are relevant then just keep calm and carry on, which is exactly what I’ve done 😇*

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
For anyone that can't watch it, in a nutshell

View attachment 94692
My dad is an older person in poor health but hey, guess what Boris? He CANNOT stay home because he needs to attend hospital 3 times a week, every week for treatment! 😡
He CANNOT self isolate because he needs carers in his home daily!
I’m too scared to kiss, hug or even touch my dad right now in case I’m carrying it.
I fear my dad will end up another statistic “man in his 80’s with underlying medical conditions...”
It is not acceptable, just because they are old does not make this okay. 😢

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
I think Trump may have it already. He did not sounds too good during his speech and has been in close contact with someone who has been confirmed as having it.
Me too, but he always sounds like he's been up all night doing cocaine so 🤷‍♀️ 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Given his breathing last night during that clip, I wouldn't be at all surprised

Here it is for anyone that hasn't seen it

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Jesus the death toll in Italy is now 1000.. the rate it is escalating so quickly makes me terrified...also as someone pointed out earlier they were (in terms of ICU provision)more prepared than we are in the UK

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I use Patient Access to book and check my doctor appointments, I have one soon and wanted to double check the time, logged in and all appointments had vanished - I panicked a bit because the appointment I have is essential, I called my GP (took 87 times calling before I got through) and they told me I still have my appointment but they've shut Patient Access/online appointment bookings down as they are now going triage patients for appointments because of the Coronavirus. This has happened overnight as it was up and working yesterday, thankfully I had managed to get the appoint. a week before :oops:
Same with my GP. I got a text message this morning about it.

So if anyone in the house has a cough we have to stay inside for 7 days?
Cant see that happening can you?

immunity isn't even guaranteed because a Chinese patient had it, got better, and got reinfected! shocking
I was just reading about that a couple of days ago,they said they think the virus lies dormant and then reappears but that the patient isn't contagious so maybe that's a plus..

I have 2 hospital apps back to back at the end of March and I'm scared to go.

• Sad
They expect the mortality rate to be 1 percent ! Jesus what's 1 percent of 60 million!

I am confused why's it now 7 days not 14.
I have had cough since end December.i char self isolate as my husband has to workand I have to take the kids go schools.
I'm shocked other countries are in lockdown and we are not.
Don't ring 111 check internet that will panic some.
Can only be tested if in hospital might mean a overstretched a &e.
It's all very well saying if you ill stay at Home.
But what if you need medical treatment?

Cashier In aldis said worst queues since Xmas.
Another lady travelled 1 end of city to mine to coop get spaghetti.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.