Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you get income insurance, bear in mind it won't pay out until you have had the policy for a while, six months or a year... Getting it will help in the future, not now.
Yes, I worked in insurances Before and I know those things are a bit tricky so defo will check that with the insurer first. Thankfully we have No Medical history so that is a plus.

Reactions: 1
Same as people use when their kids are off sick.
People will have to share childcare in their local communities for workers who cannot work remotely. People are going to have to just buckle up and do what it takes, forget their sense of entitlement and just pull together as best they can.

Reactions: 7
My GP surgery is on lockdown. Someone’s walked in with suspected coronavirus! So people are still being ridiculously stupid!
It was the same in my surgery this morning. I had to go and see a doctor due to needing another prescription and I was due a check up on this one. When I phoned up this morning to get a appointment luckily there was availability this morning which was a shock in its self. They asked over the phone if I had travelled recently and if I had the following symptoms cough etc. when I got in the doctors it was empty and then a man walked in sat down sneezed everywhere and then rubbed his hands all over the seat. He went into his appointment and I asked the receptionist that maybe they should wipe the seats down. Which they did immediately. All the magazines and children toys and books had also been removed as precaution. It’s really a worrying time x

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
All the news is indicating the uk won’t shut schools.
Nor any travel bans. For me this is good as I’m due to go abroad at the weekend to visit family, but I won’t be going anywhere busy as they are in a very remote village.

How will parents cope if schools are closed and they’re not told to work at home/can’t work at home?

Reactions: 4
My friend works in a school and they’re stopping the students coming in to prevent mass gatherings but teachers who can work in small groups or isolated are going to be expected to come in and mark, plan, deliver work by email etc

Nor any travel bans. For me this is good as I’m due to go abroad at the weekend to visit family, but I won’t be going anywhere busy as they are in a very remote village.

How will parents cope if schools are closed and they’re not told to work at home/can’t work at home?
I guess they use the same plans as when their kids are off school for chicken pox etc. I know they say not to treat school like childcare. Easier said than done I know.

Reactions: 2
From twatter :LOL:

The UK checking for coronavirus at our airports #cornoravirusuk

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Really hoping for no travel bans as well. My husbands sister is getting married, we leave next weekend for the other side of the world.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Guys can I ask a question that I can’t see answer for. We are a family of four with only my husband working at the moment as I am on maternity leave. We rent a house, we are not able to afford to buy, so we rent. We don’t have a lot of savings. No matter what we try there is always something happening and I guarantee we are not spending it on silly things. What happens when we are not able to Pay our rent/bills? If husband’s workplace closes we are doomed. Will we be thrown out to the streets? I know in US they are delaying payments for after the outbreak, but that doesn’t change Antything. It’s just a debt that will grow that I didn’t even wanted to take. The rent payment would be delayed and put on top of new ones, but there will be No salary for that period anyways.
I know landlords can have insurance if someone is not paying rent. And morgage can be Insured as well. They give so much help to those with morgages, what about us Renters? Is there an insurance we could possibly buy or something? Or should I pack already and wait for the worst. This is trully giving me anxiety.
From a landlord perspective, I've already contacted my mortgage company for advice and they're awaiting information from the FSA.
Your landlord should have instructions shortly about where they would stand legally and be able to advise you as tenants.
I have a family in the house I rent out in the same position as you.
I would definitely get in contact with them and be as transparent as you can so there's no difficult or awkward conversations later down the line.
Try not to worry, easier said than done, but there'll be things put in place for you should it come to that.

I generally am very calm about stuff because in my head there is vey little point worrying as I can’t change it.

However, I am a teacher. A secondary one in Scotland who has mostly senior pupils who have exams in May. The SQA has no plans for them not going ahead or the fact pupils won’t have finished the course.
We keep getting emails about teaching from home and while that is totally great it has so many problems mostly that some kids will straight up not do it. And if the SQA aren’t hosting exams, there is no point to it?

on top of that our 3rd years have already started their senior classes in prep for next year so this will have an impact on them as well as the current 4th to 6th years.

on the other hand though, exams can be sat later. Uni can lower entry for one year or we can submit class work as evidence of how they would have done and award on that.

I just want to know what is happening!

Reactions: 5
Really hoping for no travel bans as well. My husbands sister is getting married, we leave next weekend for the other side of the world.
I am a wedding coordinator and our first wedding is in 2 weeks then we are back to back for the whole summer. Lots of couples have family travelling. Everyone is so worried.

Is like the Uk government wants it to spread
It’s irresponsibility on a grand scale. I’m 44 and don’t have any underlying health conditions (so I’m sure I’d be fine if I caught it; however my parents are in their 70’s, my neighbour has MS and I’m i healthcare working with people who have severe neurological diseases - it’s absolutely critical that we all take responsibility for our own actions and protect those around us. It’s a scary time indeed! 😔

Reactions: 7
Mail Headline
BREAKING NEWS: Boris Johnson says he WON'T ban mass gatherings or close schools in fight against coronavirus as health experts say government plan is to LET the disease spread slowly through UK so country gets 'herd immunity'

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
I am a wedding coordinator and our first wedding is in 2 weeks then we are back to back for the whole summer. Lots of couples have family travelling. Everyone is so worried.
The wedding will go ahead, the bride and groom live out there, but of course without her mum, dad, brother, extended family or her bst friend/bridesmaid. It won’t be much of a wedding for her in the end 😖 but we are optimistic 👍🏻

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.