Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heresthetea

Chatty Member
Does anyone else actually just feel sick to their stomach with worry .i don’t know if I’m over reacting but I could just burst into tears right now .

• Sad
Reactions: 25

Mizzdee

Nice quick way of getting rid of the old, poor and vulnerable under the guise of a pandemic by their total piss poor approach to all of this, nice one Tories 👍😡

• Sad
  • Angry

Orange Creme

VIP Member
At the start of February when I had a severe chest infection and needed a nebuliser, I wasn't given a facemask til 4 FUCKING HOURS later. I think that's a perfect analogy to how the UK handles things. Every time I visit hospital, it's somehow worse and more disorganised than the last time.
When my mum went to the dr saying she was having difficulty swallowing and acid reflux it took 12 MONTHS for them to realise she had a cancerous tumour. She was dead 6 months later

• Sad
  • Wow

coldasice

my partner was really unwell today. woke up with a fever around 39-40. he went to work as he had no other symptoms but a dry cough and shortness of breath came on really quickly. he was made to go home by HR (anyone with a fever is forced home)

he rang 111 at 2pm. they told him as he hasn’t left the country recently and he hasn’t been in contact with any confirmed cases that he isn’t at risk of coronavirus. his place of work deals with lots of chinese and italian business people (obviously amongst others). 111 advised that he ring his GP and see a doctor for the shortness of breath.

he rang his GP who asked him to go in straight away (!!!) asked him the usual questions regarding travel etc and said again that it was ‘impossible’ to be coronavirus because he hasn’t left the country in the past two weeks. sent him on his way with antibiotics and a diagnosis of flu/chest infection.

i can hear him wheezing and coughing right now through his sleep. this virus is everywhere and we don’t even know it.

• Sad
  • Wow

freddiesmum09

No longer trust the govt with this. No longer trust the NHS 111 advice. And I wouldn’t trust my GP advice. As good intentioned as my GP and all the gps in this country are - they are only as good as the govt they are serving under and their agenda. Their hands are tied.

Things are being quite blaitently kept from the public and I don’t agree with this. There are not enough testing kits. We don’t know the the real numbers of those affected because so many around that are being refused testing. The govt is letting this happen.

Trusting my instinct and going to follow that. Sometimes instinct is the only thing that saves people. Numbers and figures only go so far.

Reactions: 24

Discolights

VIP Member
Everyone around the world is taking drastic measures and us? ‘can the older people not go on cruises please, and Wash your hands guys, cheers.’

Fuming.

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
Wtf is Boris doing? The fella can’t even brush his hair so we’ve got no chance of him managing a pandemic. Ffs Boris, take note of countries with less cases doing more!

• Haha

Cocod28

I have heard it all now!!!!

All Paddy’s Day parades have been cancelled in Ireland and when the MP for Birmingham asked what advice the Health secretary has to people going to watch the Birmingham Parade he said they should be told to sneeze into a tissue and Chuck the tissue away!!!! 🤯🤯🤯🤯 wtaf!!!!!!! I’ve had to turn Parliament live off I’m so cross!!!!!!! Why on earth aren’t these events being cancelled?!?

• Wow
  • Angry

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
Whatever conditions we put in place have to be sustained until we’re through the peak of the outbreak. The peak in the U.K. will be in months, not weeks. How can we realistically sustain schools being closed for that long?
I am not being snarky here, but ask Italy. They are having to decide who the most serious cases are, and who is likely to survive, when choosing who gets the respirators. If there are 7, and 30 people needing them... Decisions are being made based on age, other health factors like diabetes/heart disease etc. They are having to pick who can be saved! Thats the scary part. What if its your family member who is told they have too many other issues to warrant the special equipment that is in short supply? Or they are too old to likely recover?
this is the reason a close down is needed.
I worry for my elderly father in a retirement complex. If one of them gets it, they will all go down!

• Sad

Sabbie

VIP Member
And people in Europe will just get flights to the UK to get to the US so it will add to the spread on the UK. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 23

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I put this on the side thread but I’m gonna put it here as well 🤣

I was in Tesco earlier, a rather large one at that, they had to close the store because it was over capacity and they weren’t covered by insurance, it closed at 1.30 and was due to open again at 3.30. At 2pm there were people queuing to get back in.

between 9am and 12pm they have taken in triple the amount of sales they’ve taken in this month.

It was insane

• Wow

Emlo

You know your child. Trust your gut instinct 100%. If something is telling you that this is not normal for her I would take her to A&E given that she already has asthma. Chest pain/tightness shouldn't be ignored. Sod what anyone else thinks.
Sorry I have to step in in case others are reading this to say this is terribly irresponsible advice (appreciate the mum in this situation has already dismissed this suggestion). Obviously if she is struggling to breath, unable to talk full sentences or asthma out of control in another way the A&E is the way to go but that’s not the case here. As the saying goes “if you hear hoofbeats think horse not zebra”, this is much more likely to be her known asthma than anything else. And even if it were Covid 19 the absolute worst thing you could do would be to take a relatively well 18 year old to a waiting room full of vulnerable frail, elderly or immunosuppressed patients.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
Can someone explain the delay phase to me please as I keep reading conflicting articles
The delay phase, is where the UK government delay taking action in the hope it will all just go away by itself. They are the string quartet that carried on playing as the Titanic sank.

It's to do with the hope that with the population now being extra vigilant, social distancing etc, it will delay the virus spread without taking more drastic actions like China and Italy.

• Haha

Bedshrimp

They are refusing to test anyone with symptoms of corona virus who haven’t travelled. The number of undiagnosed cases could be thousands.

• Wow

Notothefakes

VIP Member
So travel suspended to US but the Uk not included in it. Trump is having digs at the EU. The WHO having digs at the UK. Isn’t it time to drop politics and blame at this point and do what we need to do to protect everybody as much as we can! Petty blame comments can wait until afterwards!

Reactions: 21

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Prepare by doing what? Selfishly stockpiling? No thanks.
It isn't selfish. There may come a point where you have to stay in your house for a month or longer. It is not selfish to prepare for your family. Having enough dried food, cans, food for your pet, etc, to get through a month is not crazy. The people who are unprepared will panic when that happens and it will be too late.

• Haha

Spinidge

VIP Member
Until the government takes this virus seriously, the majority of the general population won't either. The only delay they are doing is to delay making a decision on a proactive course of action. What is their strategy, to carry on having meetings until 50 people die? 100? 1000? More? These are our parents and grandparents who have worked all their lives and should be enjoying a peaceful retirement, who are the ones at risk. The people who are struggling daily with ill health or ones trying to make the last few weeks or months of their lives, last a bit longer to spend precious time with their loved ones. But no, they don't matter to this government because they are no longer economically viable. We'll all bloody end up with it at this rate and take pot luck on how our immune system deals with it. We can wash our hands, self isolate and take it on the chin while the government washes their hands of us.

• Sad
  • Heart

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Since when has it been okay to comment on what people are buying? I’d tell him to mind his business 😂
Off topic but when my step-daughter went off to Uni I made her up a going away ‘parcel’ which was a mixture of basics (pasta, shampoo, chocolate!) and a mixture of silly/joke things (condoms, vodka) and it was only when the online delivery arrived on my doorstep did I consider the reality of what that random shop looked like, more so because the delivery guy was about 19. Honestly, how he kept a straight face and such professionalism while handing a middle-aged woman a shit tonne of vodka, condoms and walnut whips (her fave!) I will never know.

• Haha
  • Heart