Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slovakia with only 16 cases has now shut its borders to non residents! No one allowed to fly in or out. Our government needs to WAKE UP!!

• Wow
Reactions: 26
yeh i totally agree, I have been unable to eat the last 2 days as I feel so sick with nerves... I am literally shaking with fear on my commute every time i hear someone cough or sneeze.. reading accounts from Italy doesn't help at all...
I’ve been off my food too and last night I felt shaky with anxiety. I’m trying to eat toast and plain foods. Hope you feel calmer soon so you can eat a bit, I know it’s hard x

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know what self employed people can do if schools end up shutting or we are told to stay home? It’s all well people saying they hope it happens, but how are people actually supposed to manage money wise if we are shut in at home?!

Reactions: 8
I just popped to a big tesco on my lunch break,no loo roll, handwash, paracetamol, pasta, wipes (i didn't need any of these) but the shop was quiet. I picked up bread, fruit, eggs bits to freeze & oats & a snickers multi pack, ate one on the way back.

Reactions: 9
Och poor you - this really puts everything into perspective. What have the hospital advised?
They've not given me any advice. My worry is that I have to catch 2 buses each way to and from the hospital just to get my treatment. I don't drive so I've no other option.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
They've not given me any advice. My worry is that I have to catch 2 buses each way to and from the hospital just to get my treatment. I don't drive so I've no other option.
Is there anyone who can give you a lift? Does your hospital have a shuttle bus?

• Sad
Can they offer you safe transport at least one of the ways?
I'm sure they'll understand your worry and share your concerns.
❤

Might be worth calling them & asking if they can provide some sort of transport for you given your circumstances? I feel for you :(

Just been to tesco and there was no toilet roll which I actually need 😭 Im going to have to monitor how many sheets the kids use and there were no super noodles which I guess I will live without. There was a man being told to put something back as it's one per customer but not sure what it was....

• Sad
The ftse 100 has gone down 10% today 😲

I can't believe people are still not taking this seriously and sharing tit on social media. We've never seen something like this before in all of our own lives.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I’m in Indonesia at the moment. On the way out we weren’t tested at Gatwick, we weren’t tested at Doha either, but were tested arriving at Bali and again when going to Lombok.
what’s Bali like at the minute?? Supposed to be going in 3 weeks but looks like we’re going to have to cancel

Reactions: 2
Just heard from a friend working in a pharmacy that their suppliers are rationing calpol and other flu and cold meds.

Reactions: 4
Im in leeds i went to bnm and home bargains they had loads of toilet roll.

Reactions: 2
Might be worth calling them & asking if they can provide some sort of transport for you given your circumstances? I feel for you :(
@SarahGard83 Sometimes they do have volunteer civilian drivers - definitely worth asking. At least talking to someone there explaining your transport problems and now this bloody virus might help you. Really really hope something gets sorted for you. x

I'm a nursery teacher in Scotland and I work within the local authority and we've been sent emails today saying ensure all parents emergency contact details are up to date and to hand today/tomorrow as we could be closing. My sons school have also text me a few hours ago to ask if they have the correct contact details and his school is within a different local authority to my work so I think they are considering a full close.

Reactions: 7
I can ask family for lifts but most work so it's not always that easy. Saw my oncology doctor today and we can't postpone treatment as this needs to be treated sooner rather than later. I don't qualify for hospital transport

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.