Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I mean is people oblivious they have it, just passing it on unbeknownst to themselves ..It's obviously rampant now , but that chart is very interesting indeed..
Sorry I misunderstood 😂 but yes I completely agree , only testing people from certain countries is ridiculous. These people have been in the community and probably passed it on to people who had no idea they were amongst someone with the virus

Reactions: 4
In Bristol a student has tested positive and shared with 5 others of which 4 are all showing similar symptoms! The 1 not, is still going to lectures- as will all of them prior to symptoms starting.... can see it speeding like wildfire now through the university!
You're kidding me?! I'm a Bristol student! I just got the email and it said only one person was positive, this is insane.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I personally don’t think the schools will close, I still think there holding out for the Easter holidays and maybe extend from that?

Reactions: 7
You're kidding me?! I'm a Bristol student! I just got the email and it said only one person was positive, this is insane.
1 positive person as they called 111 and was tested. All 4 others have exact same symptoms but so far not been tested as students have 'assumed' if 1 person is positive then then all are? Remaining housemate showing no symptoms and carrying on as normal!

• Wow
My GP surgery has just rang me to tell me that my appointment will be over the phone next week as it has shut down due to the Corona virus!? I'm in Worsley, Manchester. Do we think that there has been a case at my GP practice? They wouldn't tell me!

Reactions: 3
I’ve just found out there’s a case in the next town to us, and possibly more they were in contact with so they’re being tested, unsure if they’d travelled or not. This is concerning. 111 last night when I rang about my daughters sudden dry cough and tight chest, they wouldn’t test her despite her having parents with health issues that needed to know. She hadn’t traveled out of the UK so said it’s just a cough or her mild asthma that’s not triggered in years. Maybe so but I’d rather have peace of mind. They’re testing people that haven’t been abroad if they are in hospital with such symptoms.

I’m still worried if my daughter is ok, she’s 18, fine in herself just has a dry cough. Her tight chest has eased a lot now, it only lasted 2 days and it started the same time as the cough. Her coughs still lingering but she’s had no fever. I’m hoping this is all a good sign it’s not coronavirus. Maybe a different virus or maybe her mild asthma flared suddenly but it hasn't in a long time. They say children get it more mild but as she is 18 I’m clinging onto the fact technically she’s an adult so would have a fever of some sort and her tight chest has eased today.
I think around 2% of the people tested have been positive. I’m only saying that to try and provide some reassurance that it’s entirely possible and quite likely that it’s something else (not to downplay what you’re saying). I hope your daughter feels better soon.

• Heart
My GP surgery has just rang me to tell me that my appointment will be over the phone next week as it has shut down due to the Corona virus!? I'm in Worsley, Manchester. Do we think that there has been a case at my GP practice? They wouldn't tell me!
Ours is closed just now as someone walked in with symptoms

• Sad
Reactions: 4
They are refusing to test anyone with symptoms of corona virus who haven’t travelled. The number of undiagnosed cases could be thousands.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Ours is closed just now as someone walked in with symptoms
Our surgery has a huge notice on the front door stating if you have any symptoms of cold/flu etc DO NOT come into the surgery, phone instead. Apparently it's been ignored in the most part.

Reactions: 1
Our surgery has a huge notice on the front door stating if you have any symptoms of cold/flu etc DO NOT come into the surgery, phone instead. Apparently it's been ignored in the most part.
I hate people. It’s so selfish.

Reactions: 6
They are refusing to test anyone with symptoms of corona virus who haven’t travelled. The number of undiagnosed cases could be thousands.
Unless in hospital with respiratory conditions, or a member of the cabinet apparently

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Same here in Liverpool.

So does ours 🤦🏼‍♀️ I honestly didn’t think people were that stupid but apparently are lol

I am in Australia and had been cautious but not freaked out - the gov has been okay so far, and the stimulus package is a good move to protect our economy. I am worried we’re not testing enough and am worried about our healthcare systems managing if things get worse.

So I was all alert but not alarmed and then I read this article on Medium and it has me thinking everywhere should be channeling Italian levels of shutdown...

Trying not to catastrophise is hard :oops:

I work at a hospital and we have been advised not to go out anywhere unless necessary.

I am meant To be having a girly night out, the first since I’ve had my baby, on Saturday and my friends think I’m mad to cancel. I don’t know what to do 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Has anyone else seen this? As usual the NMC is being extremely vague, but I’ve heard that they are apparently looking into letting third year student nurses qualify six months earlier so that they can help out on the wards.

I’m also a little worried that this tweet might mean nurses who work in other areas (e.g. mental health, community, paeds etc) will be drafted in to help staff the ITUs and testing pods that will inevitably have to be set up the way things are going.

I’m a bit concerned as this will mean we will have underskilled workers working in a highly skilled area, where the risks of mistakes being made and the consequences of those mistakes being quite serious.

I’m a mental health nurse myself and my friends mum is a community health visitor and I believe she has been told that if things carry on they may have to scrub up and get on the wards!

Worrying times

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.