Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I nipped into tesco to get some milk and bread and decided this was my last shop for a while, I couldn't cope with the panic. Bought some filtered milk and some crumpets for the freezer oh and some tonic water for my gin. I feel I might need it!

There was no loo roll, no wipes, only a few bottle of bleach. I got one of the last packets of pasta that I dropped off in the food bank bin.

Why are people going so crazy, do people have nothing at all in? I always have a spare and my parents go to costco regularly and get my 24 cans of tinned tomatoes, loo roll and kitchen roll. Its brilliant and my husband is a crazy user of both :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7
Righto, I'm ready to wake up from this now! 😩
It's just going to get worse, we haven't seen anything yet. Italy started with more than twice the number of ICU than we have and more than 6 times the spare capacity. If you can save all your money so yous can be prepared to stay at home to stay safe. Ppl think the NHS is magic and will just fix them. If it gets overrun it can't hope with it at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I have heard it all now!!!!

All Paddy’s Day parades have been cancelled in Ireland and when the MP for Birmingham asked what advice the Health secretary has to people going to watch the Birmingham Parade he said they should be told to sneeze into a tissue and Chuck the tissue away!!!! 🤯🤯🤯🤯 wtaf!!!!!!! I’ve had to turn Parliament live off I’m so cross!!!!!!! Why on earth aren’t these events being cancelled?!?
Can't believe the difference in attitude of the two governments...Ireland are talking about the dead getting cremated straight away and holding a funeral service at a later date,cancelling weddings ,first communions etc..No visitors at hospitals literature everywhere on how to contain/stop the spread even the cinemas are leaving an empty seat nxt to every person to try and contain it .Haven't seen any extra measures from the British..

Reactions: 17
Sorry I have to step in in case others are reading this to say this is terribly irresponsible advice (appreciate the mum in this situation has already dismissed this suggestion). Obviously if she is struggling to breath, unable to talk full sentences or asthma out of control in another way the A&E is the way to go but that’s not the case here. As the saying goes “if you hear hoofbeats think horse not zebra”, this is much more likely to be her known asthma than anything else. And even if it were Covid 19 the absolute worst thing you could do would be to take a relatively well 18 year old to a waiting room full of vulnerable frail, elderly or immunosuppressed patients.
The comment was about the chest tightness.

Reactions: 1
Yes there is alot of stealing going on at the minute in hospitals. I have probably seen about 30+ people ( patients family members) filling up their hand gels bottles from the pumps on the walls in the last week. Not for one second thinking that other people are going to need this before entering wards where there are very sick/dying people. One lady had about 6 empty bottles lined up ready to fill, then called us a disgrace because she was asked to leave. The mind boggles with some peole.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
I can't quote the person from the last thread. Their post was basically that the trust she works for has next to no capacity for beds.
My sister works high up for a trust and she's been petrified for weeks of this!! There's not a chance they will cope if we become like Italy over here. It's complete bullshit about the NHS being ready and prepared. It's no where near ready and humongously unprepared and chronically nunder resourced. My sister says the delaying tactic is a good idea, but for it to work they would have to delay and spread out the cases over 48 years for them to be able to cope!! Very grave days for the NHS ahead I'm afraid.
What do you think the bare minimum of patients would be manageable?

I nipped into tesco to get some milk and bread and decided this was my last shop for a while, I couldn't cope with the panic. Bought some filtered milk and some crumpets for the freezer oh and some tonic water for my gin. I feel I might need it!

There was no loo roll, no wipes, only a few bottle of bleach. I got one of the last packets of pasta that I dropped off in the food bank bin.

Why are people going so crazy, do people have nothing at all in? I always have a spare and my parents go to costco regularly and get my 24 cans of tinned tomatoes, loo roll and kitchen roll. Its brilliant and my husband is a crazy user of both :rolleyes:
I couldn't believe the panic either no toilet roll,pasta,cereal,washing powder ,soap,handwash cleaning products paracetamol flying off the shelves and this wasn't just Tesco everywhere .People were manic I dread to think what it's going to be like nxt week ..

Reactions: 5
I just wish we could keep the kids off if we choose but our school is saying until the government confirm it it’s unauthorised . My husband and me are both now working from home wish the kids could be home too .

Reactions: 5
Can't believe the difference in attitude of the two governments...Ireland are talking about the dead getting cremated straight away and holding a funeral service at a later date,cancelling weddings ,first communions etc..No visitors at hospitals literature everywhere on how to contain/stop the spread even the cinemas are leaving an empty seat nxt to every person to try and contain it .Haven't seen any extra measures from the British..
Me either! My husband is Irish and so he’s much more up to speed with what the Irish papers are saying and the advice my in-laws are getting.

I fully admit I’ve become obsessed but I honestly feel as though I’m watching a tsunami coming towards us and I’m screaming at everyone to move and they can’t see it. I’ve finally got my elderly Mum with lots of health issues to not go to her keep fit class today (I had to use a LOT of emotional blackmail to stop her from going as she was adamant that she was going) but my sister is going on road trip to the States tomorrow! She doesn’t want to loose money! I’m worried she won’t get back in the country as she’ll be gone for almost 3 weeks.

I was the laughing stock at work last week and told I was hysterical and obsessed and now everyone’s admitting that I was right. I just hope and pray I’m completely wrong about what’s coming next

Reactions: 18
Could you tell me what the signs mean?
Amber=Suspected
Green=Recovered
Red=Confirmed
Skull= Deceased
Burgandy=Quarantine (most commonly a cruise ship(

Click on 'View Map Legend' on the bottom of the map for this info.

Reactions: 1
I work from home around my daughter but my husband travels to different buildings for meetings a lot. I could keep us both safe but he’s around people a lot that’s where my worries lie

Reactions: 3
I just wish we could keep the kids off if we choose but our school is saying until the government confirm it it’s unauthorised . My husband and me are both now working from home wish the kids could be home too .
It's a shame because from a policy perspective I'm sure that this would be agreed in principle but the problem is that in terms of being a priority the detail of stuff like this will just be too far down the list to action at this stage. Having worked in education and with some knowledge of how local authorities absence penalty system works I would advise you that your local authority are quite unlikely to impose any fines or follow-up absence of this kind. My opinion only. Put simply, they have bigger fish to fry and there is a bigger picture at play.

Reactions: 3
Me either! My husband is Irish and so he’s much more up to speed with what the Irish papers are saying and the advice my in-laws are getting.

I fully admit I’ve become obsessed but I honestly feel as though I’m watching a tsunami coming towards us and I’m screaming at everyone to move and they can’t see it. I’ve finally got my elderly Mum with lots of health issues to not go to her keep fit class today (I had to use a LOT of emotional blackmail to stop her from going as she was adamant that she was going) but my sister is going on road trip to the States tomorrow! She doesn’t want to loose money! I’m worried she won’t get back in the country as she’ll be gone for almost 3 weeks.

I was the laughing stock at work last week and told I was hysterical and obsessed and now everyone’s admitting that I was right. I just hope and pray I’m completely wrong about what’s coming next
They'd need to wake up and fast ,allowing that racing festival etc to go ahead is sheer carnage ..Not much point worrying about the economy if everyone's 6ft under...Take each day as it comes..

Reactions: 6
The likemiljan family with three young kids are still posting away. Walking through that would give me so much anxiety.

1583958857357.png

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.