Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dammit even the Isle of Wight is infected now. Can't go hide there any more

Because Tattle is VERY influencer based, thought this was interesting to read

Good. Get a real job and stop sponging.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There’s a joke there somewhere about enjoying the protection of being on an island.....but the data does not support that theory right now! #UKshambles

Reactions: 2
I think what they’re angling for is to have the schools closed just after the Easter break. I don’t know why, it’s just a feeling.

Reactions: 4
I want to be closed down by 22nd, i've got a in law family party at the other end of the country and really don't wanna go.
Plus I know FIL will not take any of this seriously and be hugging and kissing and just laughing at everyone being stupid. :(
I wouldn't go even if the country isn't closed down. You're allowed to say no

Reactions: 2
Bugger! I’m going on holiday there end of the month and that had been my first thought. The ferry was only £22 return which might be telling me something!

I nipped into tesco to get some milk and bread and decided this was my last shop for a while, I couldn't cope with the panic. Bought some filtered milk and some crumpets for the freezer oh and some tonic water for my gin. I feel I might need it!

There was no loo roll, no wipes, only a few bottle of bleach. I got one of the last packets of pasta that I dropped off in the food bank bin.

Why are people going so crazy, do people have nothing at all in? I always have a spare and my parents go to costco regularly and get my 24 cans of tinned tomatoes, loo roll and kitchen roll. Its brilliant and my husband is a crazy user of both :rolleyes:
Some people actually don’t. This has come as a huge surprise to me as I was always brought up to have a rolling stock of essentials. My mum always used to tell us stories of the build up to the military coup in Nigeria, the food shortages, the power outages and the general civil unrest. Having had to leave the country very suddenly with 3 kids in tow, she’s always brought us up to have a sense of preparedness, even if only for next week. As she says, “If you’ve got a roof over your head and food in your belly, you’re lucky. The rest can be dealt with afterwards!”.

My friend on the other hand, has always just bought enough shopping for the following 2 days. Never any more than that and doesn’t ever have the basics in. She’s not short on money, she just very particular about spending and always has been. She’s genuinely ran out of bog roll, is short on food and is now about to join the panic buyers! There’ll be lots more like her who just don’t see the benefit in having a basic stock until the tit hits the fan! 😬

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Some people actually don’t. This has come as a huge surprise to me as I was always brought up to have a rolling stock of essentials. My mum always used to tell us stories of the build up to the military coup in Nigeria, the food shortages, the power outages and the general civil unrest. Having had to leave the country very suddenly with 3 kids in tow, she’s always brought us up to have a sense of preparedness, even if only for next week. As she says, “If you’ve got a roof over your head and food in your belly, you’re lucky. The rest can be dealt with afterwards!”.

My friend on the other hand, has always just bought enough shopping for the following 2 days. Never any more than that and doesn’t ever have the basics in. She’s not short on money, she just very particular about spending and always has been. She’s genuinely ran out of bog roll, is short on food is now about to join the panic buyers! There’ll be lots more like her who just don’t see the benefit in having a basic stock until the tit hits the fan! 😬
My grandma always said 'stocks as good as cash dear'. Going to my mums used to be like going to my own shop when I was a student. All hell breaks lose if the kids and my husband run out of their favourite showergel/hair gel etc. Not that it would cross their mind to let me know it was getting low!

My FIL is like that, only shops for that night. Except he doesn't have any cash but still shops at Waitrose :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Rumours going around here that schools will close Monday! Really awful timing for gcse and a level students and think this will massively impact on everyone. Schools don't really need to close as kids are not catching the virus at the rate of adults. But school closures will certainly grind the country to a halt, that includes healthcare staff. I don't think it's the right thing to do. Kids who have low immunity should be kept off, and those with any concerns. If my kids school closes I will have no choice but to wfh.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.