Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Update on what each cubical looks like within the Excel Centre in London.
Unbelievable what they've created in such a short space of time.
Said it before, I'll say it again..I am SO glad I'm in the UK.

Screenshot_20200330_172202.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I drove my husband to the supermarket yesterday as we desperately needed food. I watched a women go in and all she bought was frozen waffles ffs. Hardly essentials. And today, my elderly next door neighbour was out gardening in her back garden with the elderly man from across the road. I dont understand why people cant abide by the regulations? I'm going insane being stuck in, and I fall under the 12 week category. But needs must.
To be fair, she might have been looking everywhere for those waffles for a child who may have additional needs and may not eat any thing else or any other brand of waffle.

I do think we need to be careful about becoming a nation of curtain twitchers after this.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Kermy5

Anyone else looking forward to all the influencers botox and fillers wearing off during this? Can't wait to see everyone's real lips again 😂🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
They'll be literally slapping peoples back pockets nxt ;)
Asda staff are bellowing at people at my local who are not standing 2 meters apart, that's both at other staff and shoppers.
It's terrifying, you walk on tenterhooks waiting for someone to holler at/across/around you.
I walked into My local supermarket and the queue outside the store is marked with smiley faces for where people should stand,
The manager was standing at the top of the queue beside the gloves and sanitizer spray welcoming people and cracking jokes.
He told one person the gloves were 17c each or two for 50c and the amount of sprays you use will be added to your total at checkout.
Said there are toilet rolls hidden behind the stuff they’re trying to shift and if we need anything just shout from a distance and for the love of god don’t cough to get our attention..

it was brilliant 😆😆 exactly the atmosphere you need.

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Danielle1

So was talking to a friend on the phone about lockdown expection vs reality anyone else feeling like this? 😂

At the start of lock down I was like I need to be positive and think of productive things I can do in the house. I thought "I will make myself a timetable like what mums and dads are doing for their kids. I will make sure I have a good sleeping and eating routine. I'm going to practise my cooking skills, learn more sign language, do at home workouts, write poetry and a journal during this time. I will stay in touch with people as much as possible so I don't feel alone. I will apply for college starting in September and hope lock down is over by then"

One week later - I'm laying in bed all day, scrolling through Facebook, Instagram and Tattle. I am roughly having a five minute panic every hour. 😂 Trying to stay positive yet thinking I won't be here in two weeks and I need to message everyone goodbye it's been nice knowing ya. 😪 My biggest accomplishment's during this time is probably every laugh reaction ive had on here. 😂 I spend hours debating in my head if it's safe to order chips and cheese driving myself mad. I think my legs are gonna seize up from not moving from my bed. 😂 Was so annoyed with myself tonight because I went to tesco for the first time in a week for an unnecessary but felt necessary snack of Jaffa Cakes worrying about who touched the box before me thinking shit what if I die because I caught corona on my trip to the shops all for some fucking Jaffa Cakes. Although 10/10 they were gid. I feel like I'm back on day 0 since I've left the house now and even more convinced that I caught it on my trip out and have two weeks to live. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

chocolate choux

VIP Member
You know people have been getting kids to paint rainbow pictures and put in the window? Well locally people have done a thing where you pop a teddy bear in the window....for the little ones to see as they’re out walking. Of course there’s always one person who has to take it a bit far, right? So my husband brought down this huge fucking teddy bear from the loft that we won in a raffle years ago, and has placed it in the drivers seat of our car out front. The amount of people walking past who have just stopped, stared, peered in, stopped again, then moved on is priceless! I can see their thought process like “Is that a teddy? Why is it there? A real teddy? Why? Is that for real? Weird. Oh well, worlds gone mad, move on”.
Things could always be worse

71951F8A-8629-410A-95FC-B42A86F6922A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

KateESJ

VIP Member
Gosh this made me cry. That poor, poor boy all alone without anybody in his final moments. And all the lovely people donated to his GoFundMe in a time like this were income is so unstable too. All around so sad.
it made me cry too. I know he probably wasn't aware but both when my son was sick, and in his final days, all he wanted was me and his Dad close, even when he was really confused. it breaks my heart for both him and the family. I can't imagine not being able to be there. Watching your child die is horrible but knowing that I was there with him is a huge comfort for me, and I hope it was for my son too.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Jamhead

VIP Member
Ive spent most of my days in my nightie (not the same one!) if im honest.
I do this little thing now, where i get out early to get the washing on the line so i can stay in it. I always feel a little bit proud of myself when i step back inside, like a little nightie washing ninja. All the neighbours peacefully sleeping, whilst im out there, lording it up in my bedtime best.
Then i chuckle to myself when i see them outside, fully dressed, pegging their's up a few hours later. I feel like I've won some sort of competition 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, i realise that is pathetic and sad but it brings me joy so 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 43

SkankHunt42

I'm absolutely broken and feel distraught. Myself and my partner work in healthcare and in a supermarket. We've been working such long hours for the last few weeks that we've barely seen each.
I started the first thread on tattle life ages ago and it quickly became apparent that this was nothing like flu with how it attacked the lungs. People here belittled me and told me to shut up when I warned about what would happen in a few weeks. It brings me no joy to have been absolutely spot on, I wish to god I was wrong. Shame on some of the people here that were spreading damaging advice like they worked for the NHS and it was nothing to worry about and just media whipping up something. I'm so upset about the ignorance that's been spread that is killing so many people.
Please everyone treat others with compassion, supermarket and NHS workers are just trying to do their best and are getting a lot of abuse. What you can't see is what is going on behind the scenes and the very good reasons for new policies. They are to help people and haven't been invented for any other reason other than for everyones health.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
I'm wetting myself laughing!😂
You know people have been getting kids to paint rainbow pictures and put in the window? Well locally people have done a thing where you pop a teddy bear in the window....for the little ones to see as they’re out walking. Of course there’s always one person who has to take it a bit far, right? So my husband brought down this huge fucking teddy bear from the loft that we won in a raffle years ago, and has placed it in the drivers seat of our car out front. The amount of people walking past who have just stopped, stared, peered in, stopped again, then moved on is priceless! I can see their thought process like “Is that a teddy? Why is it there? A real teddy? Why? Is that for real? Weird. Oh well, worlds gone mad, move on”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
The fundraiser for the 13 year old who died is now at £55K 😱 it was to raise money for his funeral (although apparently the government pay for funerals for under 18 year olds?) and now says any extra money will go to the family.
I don’t think his family should get the money. I hope that isn’t heartless but I think the money should be passed onto the NHS.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Londoncailín

VIP Member
This is where I’m currently at;
My neighbour just walked past my kitchen window, at the exact time I was eating some leftovers with a giant serving spoon, straight out of a wok.
There was eye contact made mid binge..

Level of fucks I give...absolutely zero.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Yel

Chatty Member
Let's leave the arguments, else police in pastel uniforms will need to be called in :sneaky:

fb83f99b755ecc23bfdffc80e1b08a30.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Where are the govt suddenly getting all this money from? No money for NHS, public services, etc usually. But now we got billions for lost wages and now they've announced 77 million to get people back to UK who are stranded abroad!
I suspect the country will be paying for this for years and years to come

• Sad
Reactions: 37

coconochanel

VIP Member
I hope our bosses realise when we go back to work we will need 6 snack breaks, This Morning on in the back ground and endless access to Tattle. :giggle:

• Haha
  • Heart

Casperron

VIP Member
My mental health is awful. One of my neighbours decomposed body was found today. I live alone with baby and I am so scared. I don’t even want to go do my exercise anymore

• Sad
  • Wow