Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the exercise thing should be banned as well, like in the other countries. I'm sorry that I have to say this. I went out to the supermarket yesterday, and there were a ton of people running, nearly knocking me over, on the main road! It wasn't even in the park. They don't keep any distance at all and don't seem to care about the people walking around them. At the very least, excercising should be strictly allowed in the parks only. Not in residential areas/streets.

Reactions: 8
Are you all wiping down all your groceries and parcels you receive? I’m hating any deliveries but hard to avoid them with our big family. My eldest decided to order a new computer to build while we’re stuck at home so that’s arriving in dribs and drabs this week. Thats even worrying me, or am I worrying unnecessarily about parcels? I saw a doctor in American saying wash all your food.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I drove my husband to the supermarket yesterday as we desperately needed food. I watched a women go in and all she bought was frozen waffles ffs. Hardly essentials. And today, my elderly next door neighbour was out gardening in her back garden with the elderly man from across the road. I dont understand why people cant abide by the regulations? I'm going insane being stuck in, and I fall under the 12 week category. But needs must.
To be fair, she might have been looking everywhere for those waffles for a child who may have additional needs and may not eat any thing else or any other brand of waffle.

I do think we need to be careful about becoming a nation of curtain twitchers after this.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I just got an email saying I had been approved as an NHS volunteer. The app is a bit confusing as it is actually an app for off duty medical professionals to volunteer to be a first responder to potential cardiac arrests. The email said they are updating it in the next few days. Also it says my profile expires on 01/01/2100, so it’ll outlive me 🤣
thank you for volunteering, you will be of great interest to everyone with your expiry date !

Reactions: 3
Are you all wiping down all your groceries and parcels you receive? I’m hating any deliveries but with a busy family we ended them. My eldest decided to order a new computer to build while we’re stuck at home so that’s arriving in dribs and drabs this week. Thats even worrying me.
I’m not. Not sure if that’s me being careless.

Reactions: 8
To be fair, she might have been looking everywhere for those waffles for a child who may have additional needs and may not eat any thing else or any other brand of waffle.

I do think we need to be careful about becoming a nation of curtain twitchers after this.
These were my thoughts exactly.

Reactions: 12

This is true. My son has additional needs and is quite limited with what he eats. Obviously he loves pasta and bloody rice, typical. I just meant it in terms of limiting the times you frequent the supermarket. We've had a few curtain twitching comments on our local village site and I half expected a post about us to go up yesterday as my husband doesnt drive so to go to the supermarket we had to take the kids too.

Reactions: 5
My Grandad has diabetes and apparently is determined to go to Aldi! Both my Dad and I have been on the phone to him this morning asking him not to go outside and I think it’s finally hit home. It’s so stressful when they don’t want to listen to the advice.

My Dad is going to do their shopping for them as they are struggling to get a delivery slot.

I would help but now live three hours away so sadly not possible.

Reactions: 2

Yel

I drove my husband to the supermarket yesterday as we desperately needed food. I watched a women go in and all she bought was frozen waffles ffs. Hardly essentials. And today, my elderly next door neighbour was out gardening in her back garden with the elderly man from across the road. I dont understand why people cant abide by the regulations? I'm going insane being stuck in, and I fall under the 12 week category. But needs must.
Thank god you didn't see me in Iceland yesterday just buying potato alphabites :LOL:

I know I shouldn't, but the people the mail keeps "shaming" for buying things in B&M I find way too funny. They were berating a guy for buying a lava lamp 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Yes! My son has autism and only eats very limited food. The looks I got in Aldi because I had a basket full of hula hoops, Jaffa cakes and weetabix.....what is not essential to one person may be very essential to another. X

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I just got an email saying I had been approved as an NHS volunteer. The app is a bit confusing as it is actually an app for off duty medical professionals to volunteer to be a first responder to potential cardiac arrests. The email said they are updating it in the next few days. Also it says my profile expires on 01/01/2100, so it’ll outlive me 🤣

I got approved a few days ago. I don't think the scheme is live yet. I'm not sure they have thought it out properly and it's not clear how it will work. There are far too many volunteers at the moment and apparently the whole recruitment process is on hold now as well.

We get through a lot of waffles in my house - I feel judged 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Are you all wiping down all your groceries and parcels you receive? I’m hating any deliveries but hard to avoid them with our big family. My eldest decided to order a new computer to build while we’re stuck at home so that’s arriving in dribs and drabs this week. Thats even worrying me, or am I worrying unnecessarily about parcels? I saw a doctor in American saying wash all your food.
No ! the NHS advice said packages and food pose little risk..

• Heart
We get through a lot of waffles in my house - I feel judged 😂😂
Oh I'm sorry I didnt mean to judge. It's true that essential to one person isnt to another. I literally just meant that it was the only thing purchased and they've advised not to pop in for one thing. No judgement here, should have worded it better. Xx

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think the exercise thing should be banned as well, like in the other countries. I'm sorry that I have to say this. I went out to the supermarket yesterday, and there were a ton of people running, nearly knocking me over, on the main road! It wasn't even in the park. They don't keep any distance at all and don't seem to care about the people walking around them. At the very least, excercising should be strictly allowed in the parks only. Not in residential areas/streets.
I’m running around the block where I live , in my defence I’m up early and if I see anyone approaching ( not more than 4 people at that time that I’ve seen ) I move first . It’s all about being considerate.

Reactions: 6
Your neighbours probably saw both you and your husband leaving the house together and thought it was also unnecessary...

This is the problem with all the people on here complaining about their neighbours when they don't know the full situation and the chances are they themselves are bending the rules when they need to. It doesn't achieve anything and just pits people against each-other.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
No ! the NHS advice said packages and food pose little risk..
I love this 😀 Such a relief, thank you.

I watched the influencer Laura someone on Instagram who has Covid and she said she hadn’t left the house in over 16 days so she thought she caught it from deliveries, it worried me.

My next door neighbours, both in their 80’s, had an electrician at theirs all day yesterday and he returned at 9.30am today and is still there.
What is so vital that they would risk their health?
It should be emergency call outs only.

To be fair it isnt against the rules for the electrician to be working as long as hes keeping his distance.

Your neighbours probably saw both you and your husband leaving the house together and thought it was also unnecessary...
Yes I thought they would assume that also, hence I expected a post on our local page to go up shaming us 🙄

Reactions: 2
Got stopped by the police when walking with my boyfriend even though we live together, apparently households should be 2m apart? Anyone know if this is correct??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.