Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

heatmagazine

Chatty Member
I am shoving multipacks of sweets and Coke Zero down my neck every day. It’s the only thing getting me through work, through home, through kids, though corona life right now. You might do joe wicks PE lessons and YouTube meditation, but if I add that on my list to do I’ll have a nervous fucking breakdown. Sugar and crap is essential.... to the soul. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Yes don’t be fooled...... we will be paying for this for years and years. Our children will be paying for this!
On a more positive note..., we’ve had no cold callers to our house for weeks. #lookforthepositives

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Sallydally

VIP Member
To be fair, she might have been looking everywhere for those waffles for a child who may have additional needs and may not eat any thing else or any other brand of waffle.

I do think we need to be careful about becoming a nation of curtain twitchers after this.
Yes! My son has autism and only eats very limited food. The looks I got in Aldi because I had a basket full of hula hoops, Jaffa cakes and weetabix.....what is not essential to one person may be very essential to another. X

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
The premiership are pushing for the go ahead in may, apparently if they don't sort themselves out soon they lose money from sky and by TV. I think it's ridiculous everyone else is taking a massive pay hit, why can't they. These people make weekly what most normal people can only dream off after lotto win. I think Boris should step in a ban any sports till after the summer and stop then from trying to take it on themselves. If some football teams don't survive well that's that. Their bosses should have insured them properly against all and any issues. I know we could say the same for us, but we don't make billions everytime we walk out the door. I really think some people need to give themselves a wobble and think of the bigger picture.

Try and keep your normal routine, get up, get showered dressed, get whatever breakfast you have and go to work, make a pack up or arrange something to have a lunch time so it mirriord your normal lunch and then log off when you normally log off. I have been keeping to my routine and it's working
Our friends son is a premier league footballer, I won’t say who as it’s too outing. He is also team captain. They were all asked to take a pay cut to 50% of their wages, to be paid at a later date. Only four in the team agreed. This is a true story.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26

Londoncailín

VIP Member
He’s one of the biggest PRICKS Iv come across on social media, he is HUGELY benefiting from covid 19 ( even though he says he will donate money to nhs) I watched his first “PE” class and he mentioned/promoted everything that he sells and does I quickly turned off 😡 😡😡 yeah so it’s safe to say I don’t rate him 🤛🏻
Any grown man who calls broccoli “midget trees” is an absolute twat. Cringe

• Haha

Daire

Where are the govt suddenly getting all this money from? No money for NHS, public services, etc usually. But now we got billions for lost wages and now they've announced 77 million to get people back to UK who are stranded abroad!
It's coming from the future tax collections :(

• Sad

coconochanel

VIP Member
Look if Im walking around a supermarket in gloves and a hot uncomfortable mask I will buy as much bloody chocolate and junk food I like!

• Haha
  • Heart

Kermy5

You would be better off thanking your Government who did very little to halt the spread initially. China didn't send the virus here.
Well they did, by covering up the fact there was even a virus while continuing to have flights out of the country. Sorry but unless their disgusting markets are somehow regulated or closed down this will just continue to happen, with world changing consequences. I'm not saying other governments and countries are blameless, far from it, but we're allowed to be more than a little bit fucked off with China right now. It's not exactly the first virus to originate there.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Jane565

Chatty Member
I know this will sound really awful but after todays figures and hearing the wet markets in china are back in operation and seeing a man frying a live dog in a large pan i wish we could bomb china.

• Wow
  • Sick

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I’ve seen a lot of health care professionals advising against wearing gloves when shopping and now I’ve just seen this on Facebook...

Walking around the Supermarket I was amazed at just how many people were wearing disposable gloves. Now I work for a disposable glove manufacturer, so I have a bit of experience with these products.
Firstly, I get that everybody is worried about and scared of Covid-19 but this is a virus that is not going to be stopped by some disposable gloves.
Disposable gloves are just that, disposable. Designed to be worn for a short period of time and then thrown away. What happens if you wear them when you go and do your weekly shop is that they stop being used as they were designed to be. You touch your trolley/basket, you pick up your groceries, you then by instinct touch your face/rub your eye and the chance of you getting Covid-19 is just as great as if you weren’t wearing it the glove in the first place. The only way a disposable glove will help to prevent you getting the virus is if you wash your hands before putting it on, take it off as soon as you’ve touched something, wash your hands as soon as you’ve taken it off and put a fresh one on straight away.
Unless this is something you do every day, as part of your job for example, it is highly unlikely you will get into the habit of using the glove as above in time to stop you picking up the virus. And therefore a disposable Glove will make no difference to you and you would be much better off by simply just washing your hands as regularly as you can.
Where they will make a difference is to the frontline NHS staff or to carers who are looking after vulnerable people where they are trained through practice to use the gloves as they should be used in order to protect themselves and their patients.
Right now, Disposable Gloves, are in incredibly short supply and are greatly needed by the Health professionals and those in the care profession so if you have bought any to wear while you go about your weekly shop, please consider donating them to the care industry or the your local health service. They won’t protect you from the Virus while you do your
Weekly shop but they could contribute to saving someone else’s life by giving the professionals the tools they need to continue to do their job.

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
I went out for my walk today like most days which is usually very quiet and it was full on people dodging. Lot's of older pensioners out walking togged up with backpacks and walking gear and people with kids on scooters and bikes, it was like a bank holiday. It's like you tell people to limit what they can do and suddenly they all want to do it.
I'm very tired. I read that as "full of people dogging." Was rather shocked at your choice of location, not to mention the lack of social distancing ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 24

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Are they isolating the travellers they are bringing back to the UK or not?

Bobbie from Towie came back from tenerife last week and went for a wonder round the shops and no quarantine.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24

grumpycat

VIP Member
Isn't it just.
Couldn't believe it. You wouldn't know any different in terms of 'setting'.
Theyve done a phenomenal job. The same is being mirrored in Wales, Scotland and Manchester too.
Incredible.
Really amazing. The next decade + is gonna suck for tax and everything else after this, but it’s really amazing to see people pulling together so much.

I hope this is what we remember to tell our kids when they’re grown and learning about this in school.
Weird to think one day we’ll be the oldies talking about this situation like our grandparents talk about the war etc

Reactions: 23

I_Like_Tractors

VIP Member
The US always want to make the UK health system look bad so their citizens think they're getting a better deal with their shonky insurance based system rather than healthcare being available free at the point of care to all who need it.

I've visited the states to see friends a few times over the years and ended up being quizzed by their family about the NHS, saying things like 'don't you have to wait forever for surgery' and 'I feel for you because your healthcare is so bad' they were shocked when I explained limited prescription charges, 18 week waits for treatment (2 week wait for cancer testing etc etc). They're brainwashed so they don't complain.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Got stopped by the police when walking with my boyfriend even though we live together, apparently households should be 2m apart? Anyone know if this is correct??
I don’t think it is correct? Like I doubt you’re two metres apart if you share a bed so it’d be pointless to walk two metres apart in public

• Heart