Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As before, links you might find useful....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads
coronavirus)
Users are encouraged to use our support threads if you’re struggling, feeling overwhelmed or lonely, remember nobody here is qualified to give medical/psychological advice and we’re all just here to support each other 🙂

Reactions: 2
Government briefing is on now (ROI) looks like a long road for us all with a lot of “we’re reviewing as we go”

so many freaking out on twitter because “we’re gonna be on lockdown till June”

Get off the daily mail and the metro and read what was actually said 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I tried to Register my Mum in her 80's for the shopping thing as she doesn't live near family members but it says she's not eligible as it only allows you to register if they come under the following medical problems:

Me Too. My dad is 86 my mum is 82, just tried to do the same, wont let me register. I have been arranging for someone to get shopping for them but can’t keep asking them long term. My dad attempted to visit Sainsbury’s during ‘elderly‘ hour 7 till 8am and he couldn’t even get in the car park it was so busy. He has a walking stick and arthritis in his legs, it wouldnt take much to knock him over and I worry that in all the madness he will have an accident. I understand that there are so many people needing help, Im happy to pay for the assistance but getting it is a nightmare. No delivery slots, not vulnerable enough for a food parcel. I will try the Morrison’s box delivery.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Me Too. My dad is 86 my mum is 82, just tried to do the same, wont let me register. I have been arranging for someone to get shopping for them but can’t keep asking them long term. My dad attempted to visit Sainsbury’s during ‘elderly‘ hour 7 till 8am and he couldn’t even get in the car park it was so busy. He has a walking stick and arthritis in his legs, it wouldnt take much to knock him over and I worry that in all the madness he will have an accident. I understand that there are so many people needing help, Im happy to pay for the assistance but getting it is a nightmare. No delivery slots, not vulnerable enough for a food parcel. I will try the Morrison’s box delivery.
I know...my Mum doesn't have the internet and doesn't even have a mobile phone. I have tried to do an online shop for her but can't get a slot. For now, nearest family members are having to do her shopping.

Reactions: 2
Raab just licked his finger to turn over his paper. LOL. Really shaking my head.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I thought that if you had previously registered with a store for online shopping you could just tell them that you are vulnerable due to age, mobility, disabilities, receiving PIP etc not just what is listed in the Government list.

Reactions: 1
Just found a bag of rice in the cupboard and never felt such joy 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Update on what each cubical looks like within the Excel Centre in London.
Unbelievable what they've created in such a short space of time.
Said it before, I'll say it again..I am SO glad I'm in the UK.

Screenshot_20200330_172202.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.