Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wimbledon has been cancelled for the first time since WW2. The scale of this is genuinely crazy.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Are you all wiping down all your groceries and parcels you receive? I’m hating any deliveries but hard to avoid them with our big family. My eldest decided to order a new computer to build while we’re stuck at home so that’s arriving in dribs and drabs this week. Thats even worrying me, or am I worrying unnecessarily about parcels? I saw a doctor in American saying wash all your food.
Im using anti bac wipes on all mine

Reactions: 2
Im using anti bac wipes on all mine
We are, we’ve had deliveries today. Food and my eldest computer parts, it stressed me so much and now I'm worried we’ve got it in the house from touching the boxes from Amazon etc, it’s so stressful and exhausting. I cleaned the door handles and floors after it all arrived. made us all scrub our hands after handling anything. Is it bed time yet?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I have never been one to be traumatised by the news events, I am a very laid back person, we are doing what we are told in our house, staying in and only shopping where necessary. However today 2 stories really made me wonder if I (or we as a nation) was doing enough (and got me a bit upset).

An old school friend of mine is in hospital with conformed CV19 - they thought it was another bout of pneumonia, so didn't take him in or test him, however he was taken in last night when he took a turn for the worse. Currently on a ventilator in intensive care. He is 44 and a very fit MMA fighter.

Secondly - the wife of someone my husband works with has lost her baby at 22 weeks pregnant. She had to keep it inside her for a further 11 days cos the local hospital couldn't get her in with the appropriate team to get her to deliver. I am utterly heartbroken for them. It's hard enough for that to happen without having to wait that long.

My daughters best friend is in slow labour, and they wont see her until she can't stand the pain anymore. They sent her home from hospital this morning at 2cm dilated.

:(
Someone I know has cancer of the oesophagus. His operation was cancelled yesterday as they couldn’t guarantee him an intensive care unit bed 💔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I'm absolutely broken and feel distraught. Myself and my partner work in healthcare and in a supermarket. We've been working such long hours for the last few weeks that we've barely seen each.
I started the first thread on tattle life ages ago and it quickly became apparent that this was nothing like flu with how it attacked the lungs. People here belittled me and told me to shut up when I warned about what would happen in a few weeks. It brings me no joy to have been absolutely spot on, I wish to god I was wrong. Shame on some of the people here that were spreading damaging advice like they worked for the NHS and it was nothing to worry about and just media whipping up something. I'm so upset about the ignorance that's been spread that is killing so many people.
Please everyone treat others with compassion, supermarket and NHS workers are just trying to do their best and are getting a lot of abuse. What you can't see is what is going on behind the scenes and the very good reasons for new policies. They are to help people and haven't been invented for any other reason other than for everyones health.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I'm absolutely broken and feel distraught. Myself and my partner work in healthcare and in a supermarket. We've been working such long hours for the last few weeks that we've barely seen each.
I started the first thread on tattle life ages ago and it quickly became apparent that this was nothing like flu with how it attacked the lungs. People here belittled me and told me to shut up when I warned about what would happen in a few weeks. It brings me no joy to have been absolutely spot on, I wish to god I was wrong. Shame on some of the people here that were spreading damaging advice like they worked for the NHS and it was nothing to worry about and just media whipping up something. I'm so upset about the ignorance that's been spread that is killing so many people.
Please everyone treat others with compassion, supermarket and NHS workers are just trying to do their best and are getting a lot of abuse. What you can't see is what is going on behind the scenes and the very good reasons for new policies. They are to help people and haven't been invented for any other reason other than for everyones health.
Thank you for all that you are doing. Without people like you, we would be lost ❤

Reactions: 11
You would be better off thanking your Government who did very little to halt the spread initially. China didn't send the virus here.
Well they did, by covering up the fact there was even a virus while continuing to have flights out of the country. Sorry but unless their disgusting markets are somehow regulated or closed down this will just continue to happen, with world changing consequences. I'm not saying other governments and countries are blameless, far from it, but we're allowed to be more than a little bit fucked off with China right now. It's not exactly the first virus to originate there.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I love this 😀 Such a relief, thank you.

I watched the influencer Laura someone on Instagram who has Covid and she said she hadn’t left the house in over 16 days so she thought she caught it from deliveries, it worried me.
i pointed this out in one of my posts earlier, she mentions in her description she had actually gone out prior to symptoms, silly of her to be clear about that, its making people more scared

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I know this will sound really awful but after todays figures and hearing the wet markets in china are back in operation and seeing a man frying a live dog in a large pan i wish we could bomb china.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Well they did, by covering up the fact there was even a virus while continuing to have flights out of the country. Sorry but unless their disgusting markets are somehow regulated or closed down this will just continue to happen, with world changing consequences. I'm not saying other governments and countries are blameless, far from it, but we're allowed to be more than a little bit fucked off with China right now. It's not exactly the first virus to originate there.
Wow great minds think alike i just posted something similar.

Reactions: 5
You would be better off thanking your Government who did very little to halt the spread initially. China didn't send the virus here.
Oh really? They did sod all to prevent the genie getting out of the bottle! The Chinese government did their damnedest to cover the problem up and pretended nothing serious was going on, prosecuting their own medical staff for raising the alarm, they then allowed hundreds of millions of their citizens to travel nationally and internationally for the lunar New year, thus spreading the virus far and wide. So yes they did send the virus here, if they had behaved responsibly and with transparency we wouldn't be in this mess. Once this whole mess is over I want to see the Chinese government bought to book by the international community. There is so much wrongdoing perpetrated by the Chinese state I don't even know where to begin, I feel very sorry for the ordinary Chinese citizens who have to live under such a regime.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Ok did the business secretary just utter the word “pacifically” at the daily briefing. Please tell me I heard wrong.....please.

edit: I played it back he said it. We are all going to hell in a hand basket 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh yes it was on twitter. I cant get the image out of my mind
My god, how bleeping evil. What sort of mind does a person have to have to think that is OK? I haven't seen the picture but the description is enough to make me feel sick.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
You know people have been getting kids to paint rainbow pictures and put in the window? Well locally people have done a thing where you pop a teddy bear in the window....for the little ones to see as they’re out walking. Of course there’s always one person who has to take it a bit far, right? So my husband brought down this huge bleeping teddy bear from the loft that we won in a raffle years ago, and has placed it in the drivers seat of our car out front. The amount of people walking past who have just stopped, stared, peered in, stopped again, then moved on is priceless! I can see their thought process like “Is that a teddy? Why is it there? A real teddy? Why? Is that for real? Weird. Oh well, worlds gone mad, move on”.
Is this a nationwide thing?
Only asking because they’re doing the teddy and rainbow theme where I live too. Think the rainbows have changed to sunshine for this week.

Reactions: 3
Of the two doctors my cousin worked and recently graduated with one died and the other is still in ICU.

Not sure if it's been released yet.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I just got an email saying I had been approved as an NHS volunteer. The app is a bit confusing as it is actually an app for off duty medical professionals to volunteer to be a first responder to potential cardiac arrests. The email said they are updating it in the next few days. Also it says my profile expires on 01/01/2100, so it’ll outlive me 🤣
Is that how long they see this lasting?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
A friend checked on their neighbour today who was poorly with symptoms they had passed away!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.