Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah is a categorical symptom at times of it that (though not everyone gets all of them), and smell and taste are highly closely linked as well
[/QUOTE]

As I said, I have no idea if it was. Would be daft to claim otherwise. Apart from the shortness of breath, the taste and smell thing made me wonder about it though (mainly because it was unusual for me in illness). The only time I've experienced it previously was with Glandular Fever.

I will still hold on to my hope that I've been there and done it though. It makes me feel more able to cope and I just don't want to be that ill again any time so soon.

Reactions: 4
Exactly....That is why I clarified he’s a marvel in his field. I didn’t like him originally but I read up about him and I changed my opinion in respect of his credentials...not on the reasons I had originally judged him. That’s why I posted my comment.
I know I was agreeing with you :)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yeah is a categorical symptom at times of it that (though not everyone gets all of them), and smell and taste are highly closely linked as well
As I said, I have no idea if it was. Would be daft to claim otherwise. Apart from the shortness of breath, the taste and smell thing made me wonder about it though (mainly because it was unusual for me in illness). The only time I've experienced it previously was with Glandular Fever.

I will still hold on to my hope that I've been there and done it though. It makes me feel more able to cope and I just don't want to be that ill again any time so soon.
[/QUOTE]

I was the same over Xmas - I don’t really get ill but myself and oldest daughter were both the same, and the biggest thing was the breathlessness. Went on for a about 3 weeks, my little lot didn’t get it just me and the teenager - obviously it was supposedly too early for it to be covid-19 but I have never felt so poorly in my life, and at the time I remember thinking I was dying and wondering what the hell this weird illness was, and it does make me wonder

Reactions: 6
So was talking to a friend on the phone about lockdown expection vs reality anyone else feeling like this? 😂

At the start of lock down I was like I need to be positive and think of productive things I can do in the house. I thought "I will make myself a timetable like what mums and dads are doing for their kids. I will make sure I have a good sleeping and eating routine. I'm going to practise my cooking skills, learn more sign language, do at home workouts, write poetry and a journal during this time. I will stay in touch with people as much as possible so I don't feel alone. I will apply for college starting in September and hope lock down is over by then"

One week later - I'm laying in bed all day, scrolling through Facebook, Instagram and Tattle. I am roughly having a five minute panic every hour. 😂 Trying to stay positive yet thinking I won't be here in two weeks and I need to message everyone goodbye it's been nice knowing ya. 😪 My biggest accomplishment's during this time is probably every laugh reaction ive had on here. 😂 I spend hours debating in my head if it's safe to order chips and cheese driving myself mad. I think my legs are gonna seize up from not moving from my bed. 😂 Was so annoyed with myself tonight because I went to tesco for the first time in a week for an unnecessary but felt necessary snack of Jaffa Cakes worrying about who touched the box before me thinking tit what if I die because I caught corona on my trip to the shops all for some bleeping Jaffa Cakes. Although 10/10 they were gid. I feel like I'm back on day 0 since I've left the house now and even more convinced that I caught it on my trip out and have two weeks to live. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

I was the same over Xmas - I don’t really get ill but myself and oldest daughter were both the same, and the biggest thing was the breathlessness. Went on for a about 3 weeks, my little lot didn’t get it just me and the teenager - obviously it was supposedly too early for it to be covid-19 but I have never felt so poorly in my life, and at the time I remember thinking I was dying and wondering what the hell this weird illness was, and it does make me wonder
[/QUOTE]
I can say with one about a week prior felt like my head had been hit by a truck have no idea was really brutal feeling though but nothing as worse as what others have experienced but can honestly say yeah did have a massive headache and i rarely get them tbh, does make me think actually have no idea though of course, have heard it does have a accumulative effect though to be frankly honest so yeah a lot of people which is a cause of concern who don't even realise they have it which is why yeah sticking to the guidelines is extremely important

Rather the thing you have to remember just due to them noting symptoms down by observing people etc, doesn't at all mean every single case will mean they get those, we're all different with the way we react to things

Last edited:
I had planned to home school, cook lovely meals, exercise daily and decorate parts of the house. It’s day 11 and I’ve done nothing! My daughter does her school work as and when throughout the day, meals have been whatever is the quickest and easiest and besides a few walks I’ve barely moved. I’ve missed my family like crazy, cried 100 times and struggled every day.
I’m going to try and change this tomorrow and get into a better mindset.

Reactions: 16
So was talking to a friend on the phone about lockdown expection vs reality anyone else feeling like this? 😂

At the start of lock down I was like I need to be positive and think of productive things I can do in the house. I thought "I will make myself a timetable like what mums and dads are doing for their kids. I will make sure I have a good sleeping and eating routine. I'm going to practise my cooking skills, learn more sign language, do at home workouts, write poetry and a journal during this time. I will stay in touch with people as much as possible so I don't feel alone. I will apply for college starting in September and hope lock down is over by then"

One week later - I'm laying in bed all day, scrolling through Facebook, Instagram and Tattle. I am roughly having a five minute panic every hour. 😂 Trying to stay positive yet thinking I won't be here in two weeks and I need to message everyone goodbye it's been nice knowing ya. 😪 My biggest accomplishment's during this time is probably every laugh reaction ive had on here. 😂 I spend hours debating in my head if it's safe to order chips and cheese driving myself mad. I think my legs are gonna seize up from not moving from my bed. 😂 Was so annoyed with myself tonight because I went to tesco for the first time in a week for an unnecessary but felt necessary snack of Jaffa Cakes worrying about who touched the box before me thinking tit what if I die because I caught corona on my trip to the shops all for some bleeping Jaffa Cakes. Although 10/10 they were gid. I feel like I'm back on day 0 since I've left the house now and even more convinced that I caught it on my trip out and have two weeks to live. 😂
Oh, darling, I understand. It is tough. I go through days of being ok and then some days crying every hour with panic. I have been doing online workouts but I am not loving them, it's just not the same as going to the gym. I think my partner and I are gonna try doing workouts together. We have decided to try and only go to the grocery store every 2 weeks from now on...to limit out exposure to the virus and to other people in case we are carrying it too. It's a scary time but we are lucky to have a good community here. I hope you enjoyed your jaffa cakes...sometimes we just need a little bit of comfort. x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There is an influencer called TheLauraBlair and she has coronavirus. She shared a video on her page of what it is like and she can barely catch her breath while talking. It is so scary.
I saw that and it made me feel like I couldn’t breath! although I didn’t like that she was like oh I haven’t left the house for 3 weeks so I must have got it from packages etc.. and then stating in her description she had actually gone out for food before she had symptoms 🤔 people are full of anxiety as it is and saying stuff like that shouldn’t be taken lightly.

looks like she is recovering well though so that’s great!

Reactions: 5
My husband has gone back to work on a bloody building site (😡) after two weeks self isolating due to kids having fevers (pretty sure not CV).

The scary thing is my son has asthma and so I spoke to the GP as he is on a high dose combi inhaler. Her advice to minimise risk has made me even more scared! She said my husband needs to wipe car steering wheel and door handles every time he gets in there from work, strip outer clothes and shoes outside of home (garage or porch) and leave them out of house, go straight in to wash hands and face with soapy water before greeting kids.

Last night he rang as he got back, I opened all doors, put shower on etc and the silly twit touched the shower door WITH WORKY HANDS and I nearly killed him...

Reactions: 2
Its not with tesco is it? They have limited online shops to 80 items. We have 6 in our house so a normal shop is over 100 items for one weeks shop.
We had the same last week. Our household of 4, plus my dad and mother in law, it didn’t take long to get to the 80.

My husband has gone back to work on a bloody building site (😡) after two weeks self isolating due to kids having fevers (pretty sure not CV).

The scary thing is my son has asthma and so I spoke to the GP as he is on a high dose combi inhaler. Her advice to minimise risk has made me even more scared! She said my husband needs to wipe car steering wheel and door handles every time he gets in there from work, strip outer clothes and shoes outside of home (garage or porch) and leave them out of house, go straight in to wash hands and face with soapy water before greeting kids.

Last night he rang as he got back, I opened all doors, put shower on etc and the silly twit touched the shower door WITH WORKY HANDS and I nearly killed him...
He may take a bit longer to adjust to his new routine 🤨

Surprised some of these Youtubers have not made Covid-19 results-anxious faced thumbnail sponsored videos.
I thought I read if they tried to monetise videos due to Coronavirus YouTube would stop it? Not sure if it’s true or not. I wish it was. Soul suckers

Reactions: 3
I thought I read if they tried to monetise videos due to Coronavirus YouTube would stop it? Not sure if it’s true or not. I wish it was. Soul suckers
I’ve heard this too, if CV is mentioned, the video is demonetised - hence why virtually all of them are making their videos a Coronavirus free zone - “I’m doing it for you guys, a place for you to escape to” yeah right, nothing to do with money at all then?! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 13
I read but don’t post much but just wanted to say how much you have all helped me. Like a lot of others I have anxiety and actually have diagnosed PTSD and health anxiety from a previous operation that went very wrong. 🙁 Normally I live in my happy bubble where I avoid all news particularly medical, but getting the facts and info from you guys in a level headed way, with the odd joke thrown in, has helped me cope so far, and stay informed. I have been self isolating since Thursday with COVID symptoms (dry cough, sore throat, headache, breathless) and although Thursday night I was hysterical and was planning my will.... the symptoms haven’t got any worse, and I am calm resting, and reading the facts here has kept me fairly level headed. 😘
Oh bless you, I also have trauma issues and anxiety. I cannot watch the news or anything medical after some medical procedures years ago, so for me this is also one huge trigger. My health anxiety is running wild. You’re coping amazingly well. I really hope you continue to improve and please keep us posted. Hugs x

• Heart
I was joking about the testing sponsorship, I think there are rules against it...but I wouldn't put it past Jonathan Joly to pop up on Harley Street with a 'friend' who just happens to do tests. 😉
I thought videos mentioning Corona Virus were demonetised. I have seen a lot of lockdown/quarantine/pandemic videos come up though.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Onto day 15 of isolation, and I've done very little...but my husband on the other hand has painted the laundry room, sorted all of our cupboards, started painting the woodwork, put loads of stuff away in the loft and hung pictures I've been asking him to do for a year 😂 it will be like a new house by the end of this 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

This is me every day. Every time I touch my face and rub my nose I think oh tit 2 weeks from now I’m gone, and I’ve been in my house for 2 weeks. Every time my husband has to pop to the shop if urgent I panic and feel I’m back on day 0 and wait 2 weeks to see if he starts with symptoms. If I hear on kids sneeze or cough I think omg no. My kids keep begging for a takeaway and i say no and tell them how risky it is, I then fear I’ve worried them. Argh this virus needs to do one. I can’t imagine we will ever feel the same again after this amount of fear.

Reactions: 7
You tubers are getting around it by not mentioning COVID specifically - they are talking vaguely about ‘the situation’. Check out Gabriella Lindley’s recent videos. I actually think they’re disgusting. Either don’t talk about it or do something useful with your platform. I have great respect for the fitness guy doing the PE videos - that’s how you use your platform responsibly and positively.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.