Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
View attachment 591310
“You need to create the relevant emotions whilst singing. I tend to find my singing and emotions are very interlinked. I personally find it hard to create the right emotions if I’m not singing.”

Finally, Carrie admits she can’t actually act.
She can only CREATE THE EMOTIONS when she’s BELTING AT THE TOP OF HER VOICE and that one emotion is THE ONE WITH THE WORRIED/CONCERNED FACE.

Quiet emotion can be sooooo powerful in a performance. Carrie doesn’t seem to actually like watching theatre, so she wouldn’t know.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

jorja

Let’s be real she deleted it because her own previous tik Toks basically backed up what fans were saying about her attitude

bumblebee1696

Long rant incoming 😂

I’m on a Heathers hype and was just watching the West End Live performance and oh my god I forgot just HOW much Carrie over-acts. I got so much second-hand embarrassment. The way she says ‘Fine, we’re damaged, really damaged, but that does not make us wise’ etc. was SO over-acted. She really can’t act for shit, why does she keep being cast in big roles?? It’s almost as bad as watching AJ and Curtis in Hollyoaks. 😂 She’s such a GCSE performer but because she’s made a name for herself (because of her YouTube channel her name basically became a brand) she keeps getting lead roles. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I was watching everyone else’s performance in that video and everyone else is made for the theatre. All the lead roles are cast perfectly, apart from Veronica obviously. She absolutely sticks out like a sore thumb. During ‘Shine a Light’, all I could focus on were her exaggerated expressions. I said yesterday that she only has three facial expressions and god I was right. The ensemble all acted naturally and then there’s Carrie parading about like someone who is only there because she won a competition. It’s a shame because when she sings softly in ‘Seventeen’, her voice is great and when she’s not trying to singer louder or ‘act’ more than everyone else on stage, she’s good. But then she immediately switched back into that one weird angry expression she does and then does the weird eyebrow-raise side-smirk one (she does that one ALL THE TIME IT DRIVES ME INSANE!!!) and starts spitting out her words into poor Jamie Muscato’s face.

So wish I saw Olivia Moore, the bootlegs I’ve seen online (naughty I know) of her made me wish I saw her as Veronica because she was flawless. And Jodie Steele, Sophie Isaacs, T’Shan Williams, Jamie Muscato, Jenny O’Leary, Rebecca Locke, EVERYONE else was amazing in their roles. And then. Carrie. Charlotte Jaconelli, who played the stoner chick in the ensemble, has incredible vocals (check out her solo album, it’s amazing). Olivia Moore and Charlotte Jaconelli were so much more suited to the role (don’t even think Jaconelli played her as she was understudy for Fleming and Martha, but I think she would have been so good). It’s such a shame how Carrie so blatantly tries to hog the limelight, as if being stunt-casted wasn’t enough for her.

Carrie is for Heathers was David Hasselhoff was for 9 to 5. It’s frustrating because there are so many better actresses who could have gotten that role. So many better actresses that could have played Wednesday and Truly and could play Cinderella. But they give it to the one with the (bought) social media followers so they can slap her name on the poster and sell tickets. She is better suited to the ‘sad’ roles. By that I mean characters who have tragic stories like Eponine and Fantine. They were played well and they were sung well. I never saw her as Eponine but I’m going by the bootlegs (again soz) but I did see her as Fantine (this is shortly after I’d stopped being a fan so if she is reading this I don’t want her to think that I went to see HER as, much to her dismay, it’s Les Miserables, not The Carrie Show where everybody goes to see Carrie) and I was so surprised by how good she was in that. Then she goes for the American ‘feisty’ ‘not like other girls’ ‘doesn’t play by the rules’ roles and she becomes so tacky and the attempt at acting is just desperate. She made her name in the West End in Les Mis and I think that’s where she belongs, until she’s too old to play Eponine and Fantine. Then she should consider acting lessons while sponsoring sweet treats online.

Edit - Just wanted to add that I genuinely don’t think she gets stunt-casted because her brother is in McFly because that wouldn’t have been on her CV (or whatever the actor version of a CV is, I’m sure it has a name lol). But in the theatre programs, where they do a little bio about each actor, it has their credits and where they trained. In Carrie’s (in EVERY one I’ve seen) it has her acting credits and then says how many social media followers she has, which I always found weird. Why is it relevant to the show? Goes to show that she’s stunt-casted for her social media fame. She bangs on about how ‘I didn’t get into theatre because of my brother’ and that’s true because she was doing theatre before McFly was a thing. But she either doesn’t want to admit, or is in denial, about the fact she IS stunt-casted. And it’s because of her social media following. Which I think is why she spends so much money on increasing the numbers. So she doesn’t appear irrelevant online. Because then she will find it harder to get roles.

Last edited:
  • Heart

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
Nope but apparently ALW just adores her so much 😂
If Cinderella flops he would definitely blame Carrie behind her back, he cast her after seeing her loud fans on Heathers, he is counting that with her name on the show it will bring said crazy fans and make his show a success. He won’t take in consideration his bad songs or scripts, which sucks big time for Carrie.
I don’t think he would cast her in anything if Cinderella flops.

bertie272

I sometimes get the impression that Carrie is a bit anti slimmer girls in her bid to be ‘body positive’ about her (slight) extra weight? I don’t know I just read this and thought none of this needs to be said? Some people want to lose weight and feel good for the summer for themselves not necessarily for other people which is what that last point is suggesting. I just think being body positive about being bigger is not the only way to be body positive. ‘Shutting down any talk of losing weight for the summer’ invalidates the people who are choosing to do that - it is not a bad thing to want to lose weight.

Just be happy in yourself, whatever that means for you without commenting on other people’s choices in order to make yourself feel better. Lose weight or eat shit loads of pasta for the summer. But don’t compete with other people or shame others’ choices. Defeats the whole point.

(I’m saying this as a size 14 and 6 months pregnant. I’m going for sweaty, waddling, can’t tie my shoes type summer.)
She does come off very judgy about weight loss in general. It's perfectly okay to want to loose weight, as long as you are doing it healthily and safely, and are not feeling pressured. Sometimes these body positivity movements (specifically the one Carrie posts about) are so anti-weightloss they can end up doing the same amount of harm as the very industry they are fighting against by shaming people.

bumblebee1696

Her motives are so transparent. She doesn’t genuinely care if the books bring a little bit of joy to anyone’s day, she’s doing it so they see her as a nice person. It’s a ‘selfish’ good deed because she’s only doing it for herself. She’s going to try really hard to not be a bully at work again. But she’s the kind of person to intimidate and make a younger colleague feel like shit and then buy doughnuts for the cast and post it to her own Instagram so she looks kind. ‘Be kind’ means being a nice person, not just doing a kind gesture so it benefits you and makes people say nice things about you. She’s pathetic. It’s so obvious that she’s now going to be overly kind to everyone at work now, to save her reputation. But Carrie, if you have to try this hard to seem kind, you’re not that kind at all. Genuinely kind people don’t have to try so hard. And they do it for others, not themselves.

I have a friend that used to work front of house at a theatre and he knew other theatre people and one of his friends worked at a theatre Carrie was working in and he said that the staff used to just eyeroll all the time at her because she was so... MUCH. Other actors would come in and just say hello and be humble and normal. But Carrie would come in and be all ‘HELLO!’ and all fake nice and she’d make a point of patronising the ‘lesser’ members of staff and she’d brag whenever she’d brought in treats or anything. Apparently she just had to make her presence known. Everyone had to know the star had arrived. (This was during her Heathers run). Literally so many people can see through her, she’s just so fake.

Last edited:
  • Wow
IIRC she stated she deliberately acted up in "Dead Girl Walking" because she felt like she was getting back at people who suggested she didn't look right for the role/was too large. I can understand being affected by cruel comments about her, but at the same time, turning that scene into near-panto is not the professional response

Kitt

VIP Member
She’s just been on Virgin Radio with Graham Norton. Her song choice for him to play was Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen. He asked her why and she said “Because I am one”. 🙄.
Let it go, Carrie.

Hahaha so cringe. ‘Here’s a song that reminds me of me.’ So Carrie.

• Haha

R2T2

Carrie needs to know that liking books isn’t a personality trait. Lots of people read constantly

Going off topic slightly but am I the only one who isn't in love with christina's veronica? She's definitely a step up from carrie for sure, but if I'm being totally honest, her dead girl walking and I say no sound a little off to me so far? I can't wait to see becca on tour, she's phenomenal - but I'm getting huge Carrie energy from Christina, her overall attitude kind of just rubs me off the wrong way.
Also could just be me reading it wrong, but someone on tiktok asked her if she'd be cutting her hair and her response felt sorta rude. Every primary Veronica has had shorter hair, so it's an understandable question to ask.

View attachment 604367
I have heard a lot of things about Christina but I won't go into it too much.
As you said, she's a step up from Carrie but she's far from nice. (also heard she has an account on here so hi christina)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart

bumblebee1696

Sorry, I know this isn’t about Carrie but I doubt Tom and Gi will address it. They don’t seem like the type. I think they will stay quiet on social media, talking only about work-related things and, at the moment, CoppaFeel, and will hope that we all forget. Doesn’t matter who they vote for, if they can do something like this, they are Tories. Pure Tory energy. No genuine privileged left-wingers would do that. Pure greed, at the expense of the working class.

bumblebee1696

The vibe I get is because Carrie is a middle-class, privileged, non-disabled, cis, straight, white woman, she so desperately wants to be oppressed. So even when she was slim, she wanted to be considered fat so she could claim that as her ‘interesting quirk that is discriminated against’. Classic narc tactic.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
HEY EVERYONE, STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING, ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER SAID SOMETHING REALLY NICE TO ME AND MADE ME CRY IN FRONT OF ALL MY COLLEAGUES. FAWN OVER ME, EVERYONE! LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW SPECIAL I AM.

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha

on-toast91

Long time lurker here. I used to love Carrie but not anymore. Whilst she isn’t responsible for the actions of her family her total disregard for her privilege throughout the pandemic has been shocking. She’s been sat at home living comfortably for the past 18 months yet she’s acting like people like herself and ALW are the biggest victims in all this?! A total slap in the face to those of us who have worked for minimum wage as essential workers throughout the pandemic, putting ourselves and our families at risk, as well as those who have lost their lives. As for Gi and Toms actions- totally unforgivable. I’m not usually one for ‘cancel culture’ but in this context, it’s well deserved.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

ChubbRub

I did say that bmi scale isn’t accurate, I’m just saying if someone’s been to all those years of training and is informing someone of there health and what can be improved upon it, I never said she needed to loose weight what I’m saying is why would a GP say that without a genuine reason
Doctors constantly ignore the concerns of overweight patients and chalk everything up to weight. I have so many stories about this bullshit but so far they've been non life threatening inconveniences. But I'm absolutely certain if I ever get cancer I will die because getting a doctor to even run a simple blood test that doesn't test for diabetes or high cholesterol is almost impossible. Fat phobia in the medical profession costs lives.

jorja

Is there any difference between the single version and album version of Far Too Late?
Yeah it’s got a lil bontempi organ beat behind it

Sorry I’m posting a lot at the moment. Just can’t get my head around the fact she has almost half a million followers on Twitter and yet some of her tweets get 4 retweets and two replies. That’s not right.
That’s what I don’t understand?
Why haven’t her employers who employ her for her ‘following’ sussed this yet?

It’s all kicking off on Twitter ...wonder if she’ll reply or remove the original post supporting another ‘female in showbiz’

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow